TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 03, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through August 03, 2013 users admin

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Naja I am with you, Daenerys is my favorite character also. The visuals in this show are breathtaking. I can't wait until next year.
btw. I am the < cool grandma > because I read all the books. My son's friends and the young folks at work ask me all the questions lol. They all love this show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Long wait. I like Daenarys as well. She's so cool, strong and kind. So unlike her brother. They did a great job with the language. It sounds very real. Another favorite is Tyrion. He's so under appreciated. And Arya who is so tough especially for her age.

I've only read up to the end of the third book (which includes events not yet seen in the show as they split the third book into two seasons). I'm trying to pace myself reading them because he writes so slowly.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was looking at polls online at various sites, and pretty much Arya, Tyrion, and Daenerys are the 3 favs, in that order. When I went out seeking the viewer polls, I really thought Daenerys would be #1 in them all, so I was surprised.

You know who else I like a lot besides those obvious three? Tyrion's bodyguard. Bronn? There's just something sexy about him. Plus, he is funny at times.

And I wanted to talk about Jamie for a minute. I know he is supposed to have those obvious good looks, but his demeanor neutralized them. You know when he became handsome? When he lost his hand and was vulnerable. Then even more when he saved the big blond warrior woman. I forget her name.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ack! I ruined my image of Drogo. I have never seen Jason Momoa in his other roles, (Conan, Stargate, Baywatch), and I just watched a 2013 interview with him on youtube. He sounded like a California beach bum with really short hair.

At least his eyebrow scar is real....LOL

And wow, married to 12 years older Lisa Bonet!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
One thing that had me laughing in the polls is that Sansa Lannister, is one of the most hated characters on the show. LOL

I find it funny because this poor girl has committed no sins except being somewhat whiny, and truly naive.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well freakin' freak me out....
It's the middle of the night and I turn on HBO, and there's Little finger fighting terrorist on a plane in the movie "The Dark Knight Rises".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's funny! Seeing actors in differently roles can be disconcerting.

I find Bronn entertaining as well. One memorable scene was the one where Tyrion found out that they had that baby killed and asked Bronn what he would do if Tyrion asked him the same. Tyrion is so exasperated and weary of dealing with all of these crazy people and generally pretty appalled by them.

One thing that I find interesting in the HBO presentation is how they seem to make the more negative characters more three dimensional than in the books. For example, the scene where Cersei was talking to Tyrion and described her love for Joffrey when he was a baby. Or the scene between Tywin and Tyrion when Tywin talked about keeping him. He really is such an awful father to Tyrion juxtaposed with his desire to keep the family strong.

Jaime's appeal definitely went up as his relationship to Brienne developed and he wouldn't leave her behind. That's what I like about this show (and the books). The characters can be complex and do good and bad things.

Sansa is an odd one for people to hate unless she does something in the future that we don't know about (if she does - no spoilers please). She is frustratingly naive and self-centered but she seems harmless and she has surely been the focus of terrible abuse.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I watched the season 1 DVD this week. Not too shabby. I only get over the air tv.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I think the reason people hate Sansa is that she started out being such a mealy-mouthed little suckup. She thought Joffrey was just so wonderful and was so obnoxious, even her sister Arya hated her. She's just one of those misfortunate characters that things just kind of "happen" to. She never actually does anything.

Tyrion has always been my favorite. He's just so funny and basically kind. Love him! I find Danaerys a little tiresome. I got bored with her in the books and would rather follow the Westeros people than her. Her storyline (traveling through the desert freeing the slaves) just seemed so bleak to me.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
The one thing that is constant through out this story are the characters and their flaws. The characters we deem as good have actually done evil things and vice versa. As the story progresses we find good in Jamie, good in Tywin and others we thought were all bad. The same goes for the characters we thought were so good. His character development is superb and he has so many!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
For anyone who misses the late Catelyn Stark....Michelle Fairley, the actress who played her, will be appearing on "Suits" this season.

Thrones Star Headed to USA’s Suits in New Recurring Arc

http://www.screenspy.com/industrynews/thrones-star-headed-to-usas-suits-in-new-recurring-arc/

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I love the opening montage.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
whoa! Oliviamimi, what good do we find in Tywin?

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Finished Season I, waiting for Season II. Won't be nearly as much fun without that hunky Jason Momoa to slobber over.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Daenerys has always been my favorite character. Her story has always been my favorite.

Tyrion runs a close second, though. I loved his line the finale, "Being drunk all the time is HARD. If it were easy, everyone would do it."

Of course, at the end of the second-to-last episode this season, I nearly threw my dishes at the TV.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Denecee very little! The only honor I find in him is how he puts family first. His way of protecting his family is ghastly brutal but no doubt the other families would do the same to his. Well perhaps not the Starks. Their human kindness is made out to be almost their fatal flaw. Kindness got them no where.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Just finished season two via Netflix. Can't wait for S3

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Finally got Season II.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
We are watching season 2, also. So good. Arya, Tyrion, and Sam are my favorites. This show has such an epic feel to it.
We are about halfway through the season. Interesting interplay between Arya and Tywin. I like that "man" is helping her.

I especially like how this show has very unlikely heroes and heroines.

Ketchuplover - I really like that opening montage, too. The music is fantastic.

Loved it when Emilia Clarke was nominated for an Emmy for her role as Daenerys and responded in Dothrakian.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
This is just the coolest show on TV.

I like other shows like Walking Dead, True Blood, and now King & Maxwell, but this show is the baddest on TV right now. Can't wait for next season. (Trying to stay drunk all the time, per Tyrion, but failing miserably as I have to make a living).

Until next season....

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Friday, July 26, 2013 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
In one of the last episodes this season Tyrion did say that staying drunk wasn't easy, for if it was, then everyone would do it ...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, July 26, 2013 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Tyrion is such a great character. One of the best ever created.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Loved season 2! It's frustrating, now, because season 3 won't be out on DVD until March and I can't seem to find any sites where iTunes tells release dates for download. Apparently, they are very slow to release it, although I don't really get why, unless they are hoping more people just go ahead and subscribe to HBO and can watch it whenever they want with HBO Go.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They are frustratingly slow. I think that they would sell better if they released them earlier while the interest is still high and it is still getting good word of mouth.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After having been through most of the eps a second time now, I think I have decided my least favorite part of the show is almost everything concerning the "Red Woman". How do you guys feel about her character and her character's contribution to the show?