TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Under the Dome - Includes References ...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Under the Dome: Under the Dome - Includes References to Book users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 25, 2013Bluejaxrock25 06-25-13  6:51 am
Archive through June 26, 2013Hiyall25 06-26-13  6:34 pm
Archive through July 03, 2013Mamabatsy25 07-03-13  10:30 am
Archive through July 23, 2013Ophiliasgrandma25 07-23-13  3:03 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody notice tonight the volume difference between the commercials and the show itself? I think they found a way around the commercial volume law.

For most shows, my volume is fine between about 23 and 30. But for this show tonight I have to turn it up to about 50! So then when the commercials come on, it freakin' blasting. But if the volume could have been set normally for the show, the commercial would also be at normal sound. It's hard to explain, but I hope I am making sense. I think they found a way around the law.

Anyway, did anybody else notice this or is it just my local channel doing it?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I really don't know. My local CBS's channel volume is so low. I nearly always need to set it as high as it will go. I read the show has been renewed for a second season. They are really going to have to change it from the book even more.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
PLEASE - SPOIL THE ENDING for me! I'm pissed because I really liked the idea of a one-season show that didn't drag out the story like the usual network show but now they're renewing it.

SO PLEASE, someone SPOIL it for me. Is the explanation of the dome not that important? Can we learn the explanation in episode 13 and still have an interesting story to continue for another season?

I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Bluejax - thanks for that link above to the interview with SK.

Silly me for not reading further about this show to begin with. I really hadn't realized this was going to be a continuing series.

I still want to be spoiled about the dome.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kappy if you search for Under the Dome on Wikipedia it has a COMPLETE SPOILER for the book.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Mame!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
:-)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I think a second season is a big mistake. The reason most of us took it on was just for a summer filler....not a lifetime commitment.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I find it hard to see how they can extend this indefinitely but at the same time I'm still enjoying the show. It's a fascinating idea, it was a big book and there is lots of material and ideas that can be covered.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The crew from Lost is in control of what happens with SK's blessings so the show could go on for years.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Anyone know how the ratings are? I agree OG. I watched because I thought it was a one summer deal and I'd get an "ending". I predict a huge ratings drop for season 2.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
if you search for Under the Dome on Wikipedia it has a COMPLETE SPOILER for the book.

Thank you for that. I'm out. I do not need another Lost that will go on forever with good v evil ending with no answers.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Right behind you, Mama.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We gave up after this week's show too. First of all, the premise of the show is just so depressing. They're trapped under a nearly airtight dome. You know they're gonna start running out of food, water, even air, eventually.

They finally pushed me over the edge this week when the delivery truck (DELIVERY TRUCK??? They're stuck under a dome. Where did the delivery truck come from and what could it possibly be delivering?!) almost hit one of the moms, and then swerved into the water tower. That was just stupid.

It also cracks me up that they're supposed to be under an airtight dome and yet you see the wind blowing all the time. And people are driving everywhere. You'd think they'd be starting to worry about running out of gas. And exhaust fumes that have nowhere to go.

The whole concept is just silly. I was hoping for a short, fun season. A second season is a really bad idea.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I don't remember anything that was in the show last night being in the book. But it has been awhile since I read it. Nice contrast between the birth and death.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It had been driving me crazy trying to think of whom the actress that plays Angie reminds me. It's that poor girl, Amanda Knox, who recently went through that corrupt murder trial in Italy. This actress sure would have been better for the part in the tv movie about it than Hayden Panettiere was.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, There are good explanations for why the dome works the way it does though the book was shorter term and things got pretty nasty in there.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm praying for a summer ending. I don't think I can take the stress of a prolonged series.

Marebear

09-27-2002

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marebear a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl - there was nothing in the book about the birth and death. This series has nothing to do with the book, other than the premise of the dome.

Babyjaxmom - I so agree with you, a lot of it is just stupid.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Nothing at all to do with it. I read it when it first came out so sometimes I wonder if I just forgot something but I don't think I have.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
This story has so veered off the book. I don't like the fighting ring, ridiculous.

Marebear

09-27-2002

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marebear a private message Print Post    
Even though this didn't happen in the book - I loved the scene with Big Jim outside of the dome and the bloody wounds appearing. It was so classic Stephen King - loved it!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Dean Norris is so good as the bad guy. I'm sure he's having much more fun playing Big Jim than playing Hank on "Breaking Bad" -- most actors usually say it's not as interesting playing a good guy.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I sometimes wonder what Stephen King thinks about them turning his evil villians into somewhat good guys, or at least, not evil like they were in the book. Big Jim and Junior had no redeeming qualities in the book. I'm sure he's okay with it since he's getting paid.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: