TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 23, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through May 23, 2012 users admin

Libshea

08-31-2006

Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
I watched the 1st season On Demand, one right after the other. At some point, I could hardly keep my eyes open, but just couldn't give in to sleep, I was so captured! Then I started reading the book, and re-watching the series. I really have a better grasp of all the characters, and how they fit in. As soon as I finish the book, I will start watching season 2, and start reading the second book in the series. Otherwise, I'll just get confused again, as I know new families and new kingdoms are introduced immediately!

Anyhow, I do LOVE this story. And I have never been much of a fantasy/sci-fi kind of person.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, April 23, 2012 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Hubby just finished reading book 2. I'm pissed at him. DON'T SPOILER ANYTHING I demanded. He says there are differences this season (and stuff is being shown in a slightly different order than the book). But now we cannot discuss the show cause he knows too much. Grrr.

And Joffery is a little pri....(censored, but you know what I mean). I hope he get hurt really bad. Soon! I really like Renly's wife - she's smart, and funny.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Renly's wife (Margery Tyrell) is the same actress who played Anne Boleyn in The Tudors. Always loved her. She's so pretty!

Sometimes the violence in these books gets a little too much for me. Am loving seeing the books portrayed on the screen. As creepy as that scene was where the Red Lady was giving birth to whatever that was (ugh!), in the book I had no clue what was happening so now I get it.

And can I just say how much I love Tyrion? He absolutely steals every scene he's in.

And Hummingbird, I've read all the books and I still have trouble keeping all the kings and kingdoms straight! I also get Rob Stark and Jon Snow confused at times, cause they look so much alike!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
hubby found some great maps online and copied them into a folder for both our computers. Now when reading (off our Nooks) we can open the maps and figure out where everyone is found. Unfortunately I cannot link it from work computer.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I found a link to a map that was made by a fan. It's a very detailed map although it isn't 100% accurate because many of the details of the Game of Thrones world have not yet been revealed.

http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/index.php

Direct link to the large version (5.4 MB):

http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/
versions/speculative_map.jpg

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You find the most interesting stuff, Sanfran! Does the map contain spoilers for people who haven't seen what happens past the current season and show?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I don't think there are spoilers. There is a canon map and then there is speculation maps.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, you know GOT has made the big time when the Simpsons parody the opening. This is totally awesome and hilarious. Check it out:

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/04/11537945-simpsons-lego-slice-into-game-of-thrones-title-sequence?lite

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
lol, GOT made the big time when I read all 6 books twice in less than a year!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Six??? There are 6? I thought there were only 5? Am I missing one???

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
oh wait, you are correct, just five! lol

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
I loved loved loved these books. Read them all and can't wait for the next. Don't have HBO so I am not watching the shows. I have enjoyed looking at the cast photos of the characters. They did an excellent job casting.
For those that haven't read the books all I can say is hold on to your seats. You will not believe what is coming your way!
All I will say is that you will soon learn that those you thought were so evil have some good in them and those you think are so good have some bad.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Denecee, you sent me scurrying off to Amazon to see if I'd missed one. He's supposed to be writing a 6th book, but he takes forever so it probably won't be out for at least a couple of years.

I agree with you there, Oliviamimi! These books are a rollercoaster ride!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
That Simpson opening was great!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, did you see that he did release a chapter from the 6th book? It's all about Theon.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ick! Theon! He becomes creepier and creepier in the books. Yuck!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
yep, hey did you notice on the show they are getting more and more out of line with the books?

I haven't watched Sunday's show yet but my son was telling me about it.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Denecee I have not seen the tv show but have read the books. I did read an article earlier today talking about the same thing. I wonder just how far they will stray from the book. I am going to have to watch them to find out!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
For people who have read the books:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I'm confused. Didn't Theon die in the second book when Winterfell fell? I've only read as far as the second book and I'm trying not to be spoiled so please don't tell me anything that happens beyond the second book. Thanks!

ETA: Okay. Now I remember. He is missing at the end of the second book!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hey, Jimmer, I was going to answer your question, but you seem to have answered it yourself!

Yeah, I did notice they are diverging a little from the books. I don't remember the baby dragons being kidnapped in the books. That kind of upset me. Like taking a baby! Whoever took them should look out. Danaerys is going to go all Mother of Dragons on whoever it was!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
oh no they didn't! LOL, I haven't watched but never are the baby dragons kidnapped in the book!!!!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Okay, folks, I am completely confused. I haven't read the books so someone give me a clue here. Is the group that the girl lead Jon Snow into the White Walkers? Are they the Wildings? What is the difference in the White Walkers and the Wildings? And will that cruel little sh.., Jeffrey ever get what's coming to him? (Not confused about that last question, just can't stand the little creep!)

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Humm, the girl leading Jon Snow is a Wildling. Wildlings are humans, although not as civilized as those who live south of The Wall.

White Walkers are dead beings who re-animate. (I don't know why they don't just call them "zombies," but they don't.)

Even the Wildlings are afraid of White Walkers.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Thanks Daydreamer. What do they do with those babies.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Joffrey will get his karma do