TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 18, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through April 18, 2012 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think that's awesome, Denecee! I love nothing more than to talk about a book I've read with someone else who's loved it as much as I have!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
GOT returns tomorrow night! Woo hoo!

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
looking forward to it. Sunday nights is turning into the banner night for TV, my dvr cant handle recording so many shows at once.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's why we have two DVR's. Yay!

Marebear

09-27-2002

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marebear a private message Print Post    
Maris - you can always watch the show on HBO On Demand. I use to record it too, until I realised that I can just watch it later through the HBO On Demand. It saves me!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I discovered last night that using the Close Captioning on the DVR was very helpful for two reasons: 1) it helps me when I have trouble with mumbling or thick accents, and 2) it tells me the name of the character who is speaking! I love that, since there are so many of them and it's been so long since last season, I have trouble remembering all of their names!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I watched for the first time last night (though I have read the first two books). I think I would have had trouble following if I hadn't read the books first. I liked it a lot though and I think they did a nice job representing the characters.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They really did do a great job of casting.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I have never read the books but my son has. I love the series. Great story line.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
that hour went by so freaking fast!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I'm still working on the first book but konashark is well into second so he was explaining the new characters to me.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I read all the books twice and I still have a hard time with keeping the characters straight!

I love Tyrion! and Jon Snow and Arya Stark and...

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
no one commenting on the new season?

so far i'm liking the direction its taking.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
My comment is can they make it a two hour show? lol, They are doing an excellent job!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Wow, the show was full of naughty bits last night.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Oh good, something to look forward to watching tonight! Went to bed early last night.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
What happened to the baby? Who was out there in the woods?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Hummingbird - we watched with the closed captioning on and it wasn't clear - but we think it was a boy and was given to the Wildlings perhaps? Just because there was no "sound of an axe/sword" on the closed captioning or other that would clue us to a death. Sounded more like there were others in the woods.

About all the sexuality - wow, Graystone sure got a lot of action last night, and his dad is a piece of work. konashark clued me in that in the books he actually did the deed with that woman at an Inn before she gave him a ride to the castle, and she KNEW it was her brother at the time. What's with all this incest?

I have NOT read the books, but I'm predicting Arya & Robert's illegit son will end up together (once she's a little older).

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Hummingbird, Konamouse, I believe that was one of the "others" that took the boy baby, they are not wildlings as the wildlings are afraid of them too.

Theon did not sleep with his sister, she knew it was him all along. The woman Theon was sleeping with in this show was the shipowner's daughter. Although, Theon did feel his sister up on the horse ride, but in the book she did not let him touch her in the pants area.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Ah, sorry, konashark just explained it was all talking and foreplay in the Inn. Yes, I know that was the Captain's daughter in the ship, and she was suppose to be "ugly".

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
no discussion?? lots going on, its still riveting but i do get tired of the continuous hyper sexuality

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Losing interest. I want more story.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I am with you Terolyn, if I hadn't read all the books twice then I probably wouldn't be keeping up with the story.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I haven't read the books and I have trouble keeping all the different kings and kingdoms separate. My favorite is the girl with the baby dragons.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 3:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I missed the last episode, waiting for it to run on HBO. They dont have it on demand yet.