TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 03, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 03, 2011 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I thought that Robyn had been thinking about it for a while and the emotion of the moment and seeing Meri with the baby made her tell her right then. I'm not going to be cynical because I found it to be a very touching moment.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wanted another baby right after my daughter was born...six months later...not so much. She's 14 - only child - enough said...LOL!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One thing, if she was a surrogate for Meri, she wouldn't be having another child of her own during that time frame.

Actually the suggested surrogacy would make more sense in this family where they do feel that all the kids share the dad and all the moms. Of course it would only work if they could use Meri's egg.

And sure, TLC pays for a lot and on some of the TLC shows there are product placements involved.. heck in this case they are training with the real estate broker who found their rentals.. could be that exposure for the broker and the company resulted in some kicking in of commissions.

They haven't had the extravagance of trips for two dozen to Scotland or trips for a dozen down under or some of the Roloff trips.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Ahhh...yes, I see what you mean. Too bad we can't have our own TLC show. Bravo would do as well. Can't you just see it: The Ladies of TVCH! lol

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I agreed with the teenagers. They said that with all the kids, they didn't see the need to bring any more in the bunch.

Snee

06-26-2001

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snee a private message Print Post    
great idea, watching!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We would be a huge success!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
One thing that bothers me in Kody's opening statement on the show is when he says, "Love should not be divided, it should be multiplied." How in the heck does he not think that his love is more divided than our single wife families? I actually don't mind polygamy, think it would be nice to have someone else to help with household things, but to me he is so scattered. I have watched a friend's four kids before, a few times, and I have to say that if I had four kids I would really feel like I was not giving each one what they need, it's just survival mode to get through each task and make sure that all four are safe and cared for, granted I was probably providing them more attentive care than was necessary but I do that with other people's kids. It probably works fine for others but just not my gig.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Can they have other husbands? Can they divide their love??????

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
If the women had other husbands, that would be "dividing" their love.

When Kody - or any other MAN - has other wives, that is "multiplying their love.

What's not to understand?

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I meant, can they multiply their love, because it looks like he's dividing his. STOOOOPID.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Yes, Kody can multiply his love, and the wives have to divide theirs amongst other women.

So while polygamy may "work" for some people, it's just another way to say that it's a man's world (or a crock of crap).

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Exactly Huk'd. I am surprised they are allowed out of the kitchen/bedrooms. oh wait......

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
It's ironic that wives 2 & 3 ea have 6 of Codys offspring but he seems more attached to the other 2 wives & they ea just have given him 1 offspring. However, wife 4 is younger than the others & is prob. good for another 3 or 4.

I wander why all of the teenage girls are so chubby. Them 3 older wives need to be taking these girls to the gym with them & leave that thin wife home with the boys & little kids.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think that wife 1 and 3 are both more emotionally expressive than the others.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think that wife 1 and 3 are both more emotionally expressive than the others.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kody's statement in the opening happens to fit with what they all want.. as they said when interviewed, none of the wives WANT multiple husbands so this works for them and they don't expect others to want the same thing.. so one person's crock o crap (many persons, actually) is their cup o tea.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Kody's statement might seem to fit but his love is so divided it's manic.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that Christine admitted to causing problems in the family with her jealousy of Robin. I can see the connection between Meri and Robin - isn't meri the one that introduced Robin to Kodi with the possibility of her being a new wife?

I used to think all of the children looked well adjusted but now feel sorry for them when they speak of having too many kids in the family. They don't get enough one-on-one that a kid needs IMO.

I wonder what happened with their house in Utah and how they can afford to possibily build another 4 houses without selling that first. . . . and start a business.

Is it me, or does wife #2 really seem to have a lack of interest in the family compared to everyone else? I think she really misses having a career.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Maybe I'm being cynical but it seemed like Christine was only making attempts to smooth things because of her obsession with babies. She kept talking about how important Solomon was to her. The more I watch the show the more I see each of their insecurities and why they are in this situation. None of them strike me as strong women.

I totally agree Gldnlvr that the kids are not getting the attention they need. When teens are having issues you have to give them some undivided attention. I don't see Kody stepping up with Hunter. But, I don't know that Kody is capable of having a real bonded relationship. It's so much easier when you can flit from here to there.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Janelle (#2) does seem more detached from the family than the others because she always was detached to some degree. She always worked outside of the home & that was her "me" time. She enjoyed the family, but on her terms. Now, she is forced to be a full time part of it & IMO she's just not happy.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Believe me, in this situation I would be the "working outside the home" wife - preferably in a job that involved extensive travel!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TNT.. extensive travel is your middle name!

Meri also loved her job and lost it over this show and publicity.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, December 02, 2011 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sea! You are right about that!

I spent the whole month of July in New England - ME, NH. VT, and RI.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
How did u like my part of the world? I am a little Rhody.