TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 28, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 28, 2011 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Here's thie info on the baby and a bit more..

http://tinyurl.com/3qrs2ds

And nope, Robyn is not next to Kody in all pictures:

v

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Robyn is only 33 . . . home births scare me due to complications that can arise, but I read that all 3 of her other children were also born at home. This baby was 3 weeks late. I'm surprised they let her go so long when the baby was so big.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm sure they wouldn't have let her go much further. My daughter was two weeks late and at my last appointment, the doctor said that if things didn't happen on their own by my next visit in a few days, they would induce. I went into labor, on my birthday, a day before I would have been induced. She was 9 lbs. 5 oz.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Both of my girls were 16 days late, but they were "only" 8 lb. 2 oz. I believe they only let my daughter go one week late. She was induced and labored for 24 hrs, including a couple hours of pushing, before they decided to do the c-section. When they saw the baby's size, my daughter was glad she had the choice to do the section. (It wasn't an emergency at that point. The issue was exhaustion.)
With all the modern technology, I find it strange that there was a difference of opinion on how big Lilly was. They should have gone with the one who said she was the biggest!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
My babies were each 4-6 weeks early and they were over 11 lbs. No diabetes or pre-diabetes, just big ass babies. C-sections.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
LOL @ big ass babies :-)

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I do hope they can resolve things. Sadly, I could just see one of the wives moving back with her kids and taking a chance, though.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I have to laugh at "big as babies" too. My daughter would have had a much easier time going a month early. Lilly has grown out of everything, moreso than you expect babies to do! I think she's going to be as big as her 2-yr-old cousin before long. He's on the small side. :-)

I hope all of these kids will grow up to have healthy lives in whatever kind of lifestyle they choose.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was two weeks late (my dad had to travel from Washington, DC to Chicago because his brother was hit head on by some drunk teenagers. I never met my uncle and my dad had to arrange for his only brother to be buried and help out his SIL and nephew. He even had the surreal experience of being offered his brother's job with Arthur Anderson (my dad had worked for AA in NYC before he went off to WWII, but then was brought to DC by the Navy after his overseas service and then got a job with the GAO .. he said he sat at his brother's desk in his office and knew he'd be haunted and couldn't do it..

So meanwhile, mom was due to deliver me but not wanting it to happen with dad out of town. The docs said I was clearly past full term but not so big, so it was okay. And indeed I was only 5 lb and arrived after dad was safely home and could drive to the hospital

That article said that we would see Solomon's birth (or hear about it) on the last show of the season. Hopefully they will also mention the sizes of her other kids at birth, though of course they have a different bio dad.

I guess it is more important to have a wide enough pelvic area rather than just to be a large mom, if you are delivering a large baby.

Without C-Sections natural selection would favor those moms who could deliver, I guess.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Christine looks so pretty in that picture.

Kody's hair really bugs me too. When they show old pics of him with short hair, he looks so much better.

I was shocked that the sister wives let their weight be known. That was very brave of them. All but Robin are very overweight, so, I'm glad they are working out and getting healthier. Good for them!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is a good thing!

I read an article somewhere online saying that Christine and her 8 year old are butting heads so her daughter is packing up and moving in with Meri for awhile. Of course in the past the kids all interacted with all three moms in one home, so it does make sense.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
So Kody & two wives (middle two) were at the local hockey game here in Las Vegas last night. Signing pictures also (according to the news story).
http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/132752548.html

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tonight's episode was good.. parents took the four older kids back to see Tufts and Harvard and Plimouth Colony and they met up with the woman who visited them recently and were on a panel,talking to students.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
A marathon will start at 1:00 cst this afternoon (that's now) in case anyone is interested.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Robyn and Meri had me in tears at the end of this episode.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too, Mamie.. it was a pretty sweet episode.. I assume they didn't show the hardest parts of labor, but she sure looked good considering the size the not so little one.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It was interesting that Meri said that with Robyn she finally had that sister-wife relationship that she'd been wanting to have.

Robyn did great for having such a big baby. Mine were both over 9 pounds and I don't think I looked as chipper as her afterward!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 3:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And no epidural for her!! (and no stirrups)

Nice that her dad was there, too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Haven't watched the episode yet, but every woman's birth experience is different. My sister's babies were both over 9 pounds (her second one was over 10 pounds!), and she popped the first out in 4 hours and the 2nd in just 2! Lucky they lived close to the hospital!

My son was just under 8 lbs, but he got "stuck" against my pubic bone and we would have both died had I not had a C-section. I was on pitocin for 12 hours and never dialated AT ALL. Believe me, I was begging for drugs after a few hours. Never got an epidural cause they can't give it to you before you're 4 cms and I only got to like 1.5.

Women had babies at home for thousands of years, so I see nothing wrong with it if the woman is healthy and the preganancy is normal. I'm sure they were ready to take her to the hospital if needed.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I found it odd that Robyn asked Kody to leave the room so she could talk to Meri "alone." Yes, alone with a camera running.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
LOL! It's all for the show!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Robyn & Meri are the most alike of all of the wives. They were probably raised the most similar.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Nah, it's just the blondes vs the brunettes :-)

Watching2

07-07-2001

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
LOL! I have yet to see the whole show. I only saw the end because I fell asleep right after TAR started. I watched umpteen replays of differet shows and this show and they never got to the one from last night!

I thought I heard wrong at first that she was offering to be Meri's surrogate. Right after I gave birth would not be the time I'd be thinking about getting pregnant again! I was wondering about their health insurance in a previous episode they showed last night. When she thought she might be losing the baby, they went to a walk-in place for ultrasounds. The kind of place that's opening up now where you can go to get "memory ultrasounds" as keepsakes. It obviously wasn't a hospital or clinic setting. It could have been where the midwives worked out of but here, they use all of the facilities used by doctors who they are affiliated with. It was when I saw the name of the place I realized what it was.

So much of what they do afford on their income from TLC seems extreme to me. Managing and paying for 4 different rental houses, feeding and clothing all those children, etc., I would think costs a fortune.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm sure their income is hugely supplemented by TLC. They're being paid for the privilege of being filmed. I don't doubt that TLC pays for a lot of what they do. If they're struggling to pay the rent on four houses, how could they even think about a girls night out and then a guys night out? I haven't had one of those in years, but then I don't have a TV show!