TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 18, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 18, 2011 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Doubtless the woman in the vidoe feels very strongly about the situation. HOWEVER, there are laws about saying untrue things about other people - I can never remember if slander is oral and libel written or the other way around - and we live in such a sue-happy society that she would never dare make those statements if they were not a matter of public record.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't know how much is made public.. she seemed to be talking about exactly what bills they had.. I mean whenever possible I pay medical bills using my credit card (which I then pay off); she's sort of implying that all credit card charges are non essential.. now if they were mainly at Victoria's Secret, maybe some of those..

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Putting their business out there on TLC "IS" their main source of income........Would anyone let cameras capture their lives like this if they were not being paid...& paid well!

I would bet that TLC pays the rent along with all utilities on all 4 houses, pays for all trips, gives them a hefty allowance for food, etc., plus..on top of that...a nice pay ck.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And that woman in the youtube, legit complaints and all, is just free on youtube..

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I've been doing a bit of searching, and it does seem that they take turns filing bankruptcy. It was even discussed by Jane Valez Mitchell on CNN at one point.

Does anyone know how Kody and Robyn got together? Did he begin seeing her and then tell the others that he wanted to bring her into the fold? I can't fathom why they don't see that as cheating. If they all decided they wanted another wife and said to Kody to go out and find another one, that would be different, IMO.

I'm just skeeved about Kody...and I don't think Robyn is a good fit at all

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Supposedly, he and Meri met Robyn at some function and SHE had the idea.. hmm.

If the speculation is correct, maybe they needed someone else with a credit card to use and then declare bankruptcy.. since he is only legally married to Meri, the bills of the other wives wouldn't be his responsibility. Robyn's bankruptcy is pretty recent.

AND this woman in the video has had to retract the info on the 4th bankruptcy (Robyn ) because the info wasn't in the file sent by the "informant" and the "informant" wishes to remain anonymous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O_ZqJS3PP8&feature=related

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This woman, Rebecca Kimbel, has other youtubes out there.. lots of special reports..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Watching tonight's show.. Kody talks about being raised mainstream Mormon LDS and going on his mission and on his return, his parents had left the LDS church for FLDS Fundamentalist LDS and polygamy and had been booted from the LDS.

So that is when Kody also switched, I guess.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
That Youtube video was interesting. I am thinking that the lady in the video just wanted us to know how many bankruptcies this family has had and how that ultimately affects those of us who do pay their bills. As I read the book about the polygamous family with three wives I am struck with how strong they feel about living this life as it relates to religion. The mean well yet I still don't "get it". I now realize that they do have feelings of jealousy sometimes so that lets me know that the women are in fact "normal" !

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
The lady's name who uploaded that video is easily Googled. You'll find that she escaped from a polygamist compound and is very invested in telling the truth as far as I can see. So I totally believe that she has done her research on Kody and his family and that what she says, is the truth.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
When I first started reaading about polygamy on this site, I read a couple of books about it. "Shatttered Dreams" just about broke my heart to see how hard one woman tried to "live a godly life" under extreme conditions!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I read that book, too, Tntitanfan! I guess the happiness of the women in polygamy depends on the man they're married too (as it does in monogamous marriages). The woman in "Shattered Dreams" lived in abject poverty and deprivation, cranking out babies while she felt she never got enough attention from her husband who just kept marrying more women. In "Love Times Three," they seem to have worked out a system that works for them. They have a family-run catering business and two of the wives work, while a third stays home and takes care of the babies and toddlers. They all live in the same big house and seem to be self-sufficient. Not my cup of tea, but it seems to work for them.

I can't be too judgmental on the Brown family. These past few years have been really hard on a lot of families. Many people who never imagined they would have to file bankruptcy have found themselves in financial straights they never in a million years expected. So many have lost jobs and have struggled to hang onto their homes. These are extraordinary times we're living in. 1% of the population has all the money, and the rest of us are just struggling to hang on. Wish I could get myself a TV show too! Wouldn't have to worry about how to pay the bills anymore.

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
I read about Rebecca Kimbel. She is the sister of the woman who wrote Shattered Dreams. I found it interesting that Kody said there are many different relationships within the family group. I had noticed that Robin and Meri seemed to be very close. Janelle and Christine are close too. I can't tell if Meri was/is as close with Janelle and Christine. I think Meri likes Robin because she is sooooo "polygamy excited". Robin defends polygamy/Kody and their lifestyle when ever she gets the chance to be vocal about it. The older wives are much more hesitant to be excited about having so many changes to their lives.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
The first thing I did after listening to part of the YouTube from the Kimbel woman was to "google her." It didn't make sense to watch her videos while she spoke as an authority, without knowing a bit about her background.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
As the sister of the author of "Shattered Dreams," I understand where her negative attitude about the lifestyle comes from!

Watching2

07-07-2001

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Agreed!

Suzyq52

09-07-2009

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Suzyq52 a private message Print Post    
Just curious to hear your thoughts on the four wives. I find myself liking Meri and Janelle... while Christine and Robyn not so much.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I like Meri and Christine.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
I like Meri the most, then Janelle, because she's real. Initially I didn't care for Christine at all, but am starting to appreciate her honesty, although she's a little too dramatic. I really don't care for Robyn at all. The other 3 seem to have a genuine sister type of relationship, I feel like they would be friends with or without Kody, but Robyn has come across as having an air of superiority or entitlement or something..

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Janelle is my fav. However,I do not feel a passion between she and kody as i do with he and the other women, and I think their relationship is more of a friendship than anything. I like Christines honesty but think she is the least happy with their arrangemnt.I like Mary but think she has it easier than the rest. I never see her interact with the other kids and am not sure she has to do her fair share around there if they truly are a team. Havent formed an opinion on robin.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Since Meri worked out of the home for the most part, not to mention that she only has one child, I daresay she doesn't have as close a relationship with all of the children as Christine, who has always been a stay-at-home mom. Not sure - think Janelle worked out of the home for a while, but since she has a large proportion of the children (again, relying on memory here which is faulty) she probably does have a closeness with them. I agree though that Janelle and Kody don't seem to be as close as Meri and Kody, Christine and Kody and his new passion, Robyn and Kody.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I feel kinda sorry for Janelle as far as how I perceive her relationship with Kody; but then they all selected this lifestyle.Did anyone ever notice how much Janelle's teenage daughter looks like her Mom ?
Kody looks crazed driving between all the homes and I keep thinking how he needs a mini van or better yet a bus with all those children vs a convertible like he is some sort of playboy.
< eye roll>

Sueby

11-18-2004

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sueby a private message Print Post    
This is a video of Rebecca Kimbel

http://www.archive.org/details/AH-Special_Report_with_Rebecca_Kimbel

Very Interesting.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I think Kody & Janelle's oldest DD looks exactly like Mom too (where did the black hair come from?).

Just my take on the relationships:
Kody/Meri: 1st love, best friends, life partners
Kody/Janelle: very private love, great friends, both have good business heads.
Kody/Christine: she loves him more than he loves her, he respects/loves her for her mothering skills & she turns up the skills because that is all she knows.
Kody/Robyn: they are "in Love", HE adores how SHE is so "into HIM", she is the sexy "young" wife & whether she admits it or not, uses this to make sure she's the fav.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
Had to laugh when the girl from high school who said she always thought Kody was gay.