TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 28, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 28, 2011 users admin

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
maybe........they moved out of that big house in Utah so it could be re-modeled & added onto to make room for all of them. If they have kept up with another reality family (the Roloffs) through their success of yrs of reality TV, they know the stress of just a family of 6 trying to live in a home while this is going on.......

I tend to agree with Babyjaxmom, they'll be back in that big house in Utah by the end of next season & that house will be something!

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
I agree Sammi. I didn't realize that in Utah it's illegal to be married to one person and cohabit with another. Guess that might explain their quick exit to Las Vegas.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think it was a lot of drama over nothing. Of course the SoU investigates cases of polygamy to make sure nothing shady is going on. I'm sure they never intended to file any kind of charges against the Browns, unless they found someone being held against their will, child brides or welfare abuse. So silly. Makes you wonder exactly what was going on in that community where Kristine(?) lived when her father/grandfather was hauled off to jail and the family was split up. They must have been doing something they shouldn't have.

I just can't get over Robyn and her tear-filled eyes, "This is not the America I learned about when I was in school." Well, of course not, sweetheart. You were in that polygamist school that only taught you what they wanted you to know about. (Don't we have a "rolling eyes" emoticon?)

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Really, Utah has plenty of actual wrongdoing that they could be working on to help some people in trouble.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
New episode I think Sunday.. Robin announcing she is pregnant.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
This announcement is going to bring out jealousy that is not unexpected amongst those of us who just don't "get these marriages".

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jealousy? Um, no. Horror that anyone would choose to live that way mostly. I guess it works for them, but I'm certainly not jealous of their lifestyle. I have nothing against them living that way if that's their choice, but it doesn't interest me as a lifestyle. Especially with Kody. Ick.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm not trying to interpret Marameko, but I don't think she meant that we would be jealous...I think she meant that we would not be surprised that the other wives would be jealous of Robin's pregnancy and the effect it has on Kody...especially the youngest wife (Christine?), who apparently doesn't realize that what she is going through now is what the other two wives went through when Kody married her...not to mention that she apparently is very fertile, something wife #1 struggles with.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thank you Roxie..........I did not realize I needed to spell out who would be jealous !

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I do like the friendships among the wives...but I don't want to share that much intimacy...LOL!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Preach Roxie..........Mara does not share AT ALL.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm glad this show is coming back. These folks interest me because they're different than me. I don't want their life, but I sure don't mind sharing their experiences through their TV show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oops! I guess I misunderstood what you were saying, Marameko. I thought you meant "jealous" as in "those girls just say mean things to you cause they're jealous of you!" It would make perfect sense that the other wives would have mixed feelings about a new baby. But then, most of them have been through this before.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.aoltv.com/2011/09/23/exclusive-sister-wives-sneak-peek/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk2%7C98387

preview

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
What is this family? They moved away from their Polygamist community to escape persecution, to Las Vegas, where apparently there is no polygamist community. They contemplate assimilating their teens into a Presbyterian youth group and when that didn't fit they offered the kids other faiths they might want to consider. I assumed they were Fundamentalist Mormon, but it is a total oxymoron to try to live a modernized-fundamentalist life. Maybe they're just Polygamists with no real faith affiliation at all? Robyn seems just as confused by the religion flip flop as I do!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
There was a polygamist family on Dr. Phil the other day (I watch delayed so I have no clue which day it was) and they don't go to the Mormon church...polygamy is their lifestyle but they have exposed their children to different religions, and their children went to a public school. They were really interesting and intelligent (although the man kind of reminded me of Kody...he wasn't nearly as sharp as his wives...I think he married above himself!). I think they made a better case for their lifestyle than this group does.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Kelli, I don't remember them ever saying they were Mormon. Does anybody else? He said that he does it because of his religion but I don't think we know their religion.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
They were on Dr.Phil yesterday 09/26; they have written a book with good reviews on Amazon so I am going to try a sample on my Kindle. Today 09/27 Dr.Phil has someone from the FLDS who is a Warren Jeffs supporter. No pity here from me on Jeffs as he is where he deserves to be in my opinion; in jail for life.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
What is the name of that book, Marameko? I'd be interested to look into that, too.

I assumed the Brown family is FLDS. Didn't Kody mention he was raised Mormon? I think there's a big divide between the LDS and FLDS church. I wouldn't think they'd find a lot of tolerance at the LDS church.

Poor Hunter seems really depressed to me. I was glad to see him spending time with Kristine and Truly. He's going thru a tough time. I'm glad he has somebody he can lean on.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I have no idea if this article is true or not but it is very interesting about what religion they may be. I had never heard of it before this article:

http://starcasm.net/archives/66761.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was a lot more impressed with the family on Dr. Phil yesterday than I ever have been with the Browns...but perhaps the Browns are the way they are because they are in the spotlight. I thought the family yesterday was funny when asked about what their children thought, and their daughter said she didn't think she could share her (new) husband...LOL!

Redpen

07-24-2003

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
That was an interesting article. I noticed the women were dressed in an old-fashioned manner in the pictures. On the show they wear slacks and blue jeans most of the time like most women in their homes. No prairie dresses, lol.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Babyjax here is the title:

Love Times Three: Our True Story of a Polygamous Marriage [Hardcover]

Joe Drager author with his wives, goggle for more info.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
goggle? google? are those the same thing? (I ask becamse somebody sent me an email saying goggle this and I didn't open it because I thought it might be spam or a virus.)