TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 31, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 31, 2011 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The agent who found them the house was well aware of the situation since she was the one who went house shopping with them for FOUR homes and unless she had no curiosity in her she had viewed the first season to see who they were.

They explained that they vacated Robyn's home, since it was rented/leased.

The large home, they own and Kody said they have plenty of family members who will watch out for it. Maybe those same people will help to pack up the rest of their belongings once they get some semi permanent housing.

There are other polygamist families that possibly would want to rent/buy the big house. Or.. a multigenerational family. In our area there are increasing numbers of gigantic homes, some with multiple entrances, etc., for 3-4 generation familes. We have large numbers of Asian families from various countries and many hispanic families, not to mention others from cultures where such a home might be considered a good thing.

But, I don't really know, of course.

On a much smaller scale, I bought and moved into my current home in a very short time.. 3-4 weeks and a week or more of that was because I had this condo painted inside first.. I was motivated to leave my former location quickly because I decided it just wasn't as safe as I'd like. I had to eat expenses on the first place for 9 months until it finally sold. Not practical, but my decision. If they own their home without a mortgage, then perhaps the taxes and reduced utilities won't be too bad? I kept utlities on, insurance paid, association dues and property tax.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
It looked like those vacation houses that they have. It was already furnished, and I saw a roll-away or two when they were panning the house. I know they have them in Florida, maybe they have them for Vegas?

Some of those houses even advertise how many people it can bed. I thought it was one of those. I'm sure one month would be expensive, but I'm sure its cheaper than a 4 or 5 apartments on a month to month lease.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh for sure they have them in Vegas and other places.. and yep it did look all furnished.

And it was rather daunting to watch person after person walk into the place!!

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Kody and Janelle (and Mari?) obviously had to leave their jobs - I guess they must be living off of what they make on this show. It must be alot since they were trying to buy those really nice 4 homes without selling the one back in Utah.

I felt so bad for the kids . . having to leave so quickly without telling their friends. It must be so confusing for them, especially the younger ones.

Kody seems so unorganized . . with his belongings spread out between all the homes, and the vehicles are never in good shape . . so unsafe.

Queenie

07-09-2007

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Queenie a private message Print Post    
Uggg, I am watching this now and not sure if I want to finish it. I really like this family but I am dissapointed in this episode.
The drama is too overwhelming this time for me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think they were coming from a place of fear, not rationality. Some of them grew up in polygamous communities where the family was split up when the police came in. They were too afraid of their family being split up, since they'd seen it before. It's hard to put something like that behind you, once you've lived thru it. Kind of like the way my mother's generation is so careful with their money, having lived thru the Great Depression. It doesn't make sense to those of us who haven't had that experience, but it's very ingrained in their personalities.

I did feel bad for the kids. My parents made a move like that once. My dad had gotten a job out of town and only had one day off to move us. I happened to be out sick that day, so I didn't get to say goodbye to anyone. Also left all my possessions at school, like personal books I'd taken and a couple of small toys that the teacher had confiscated (to be returned at the end of the year--I hate that!). I still feel bad about the books.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Kody doesn't have time to check mediocre things like tires...he has to keep all of his wives satisfied and happy! And was it just me, or did it seem like he only packed his stuff and left the wives to do all the rest of the packing? Maybe I'm just not seeing it right because I find him so creepy.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Roxip - it looked like that to me, also. And I, too, find him very creepy.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Ha ha, I also said the word creepy months ago. I guess it's unanimous...he's creepy!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yup! It's unanimous. Kody is definitely creepy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meri didn't have a job to leave since she was laid off after the show started airing. Kody had a job but had said he was getting fewer accounts. So it was Janelle who had to leave her job.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I had to roll my eyes when Robyn was crying and saying, "This is not the America I learned about in school when I was growing up." Umm, yes it is, sweetheart. Polygamy was illegal then and it's illegal now. Nothing has changed.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I kind of felt the same...as much as I like (most) of this family, I felt is somewhat disingenious that they thought they could go public, and presumably profit, from their alternative lifestyle and not have to face some consequences. I also felt that they were over-dramatizing...do they really think the police are going to arrive en-masse as they were packing up to leave town to arrest them with cameras rolling? Way to make your children scared and paranoid.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On the other hand if people had always hidden away when they weren't liked and approved of by the majority we'd still have segregation and worse discrimination for all sorts of groups.

Maybe Robyn went to a "plig" school and did grow up learning certain things.

But yes certainly a naive statement on her part.

I keep wondering about her ex husband, does he even care that his kids are on this show and then being uprooted, first to join this family and then to suddenly move out of state? Seems odd unless he's on the payroll, officially or unofficially..

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I always wondered about Robyn's ex . . is he involved with their kids? Unless he moved away first, mom's aren't usually allowed to move away with children. My guess would be that he is on the payroll!

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, May 27, 2011 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Why doesn't Kody have the wives take charge of car maintenance? Like keep track of oil changes, check tires, etc? They're all much smarter than he is! I like these women. Too bad their husband is so creepy and self-centered.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Friday, May 27, 2011 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Sign me up for the "Kody is Creepy" team! <shiver>

Rhondalee

05-10-2011

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 2:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhondalee a private message Print Post    
Kody freaks me out.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He's also annoying when he thinks he's being adorable. Not.so.much.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I don't watch the show, but recently read a blurb that Kody's 4th wife is pregnant. It said this would be his 17th child??

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes I figured that from previews.I can tell hes a narcissist,but his kids seem grounded and polite-im sure its all because of the influences of the sister wives and nothing that he has done. I dont think that the other wives like that 4 th wife. Maybe it will take time.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought that Robyn was starting to blend in with the other wives...I think being alienated in your own home was not a good way for her to start, but it seems like she is really trying to fit in and they are slowly starting to warm up to her...no matter how open your relationship is in this kind of situation bringing an unknown into the mix has to be difficult. Being the unknown also has to be difficult.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Cody is the bio. father of 13 kids:
Meri - 1
Janelle - 6
Christine - 6

Robin has 3 kids from her prev. marriage & is now PG.........

So, that's 17

Meri's kid seems a little spoiled compaired to the others. You hardly hear anything from Christine's kids. Janelle's kidos are the most well rounded of the bunch IMO. I just love when they show her oldest boy & that oldest DD of hers that looks just like her only with dark hair.

Robin's oldest (son) has some minor medical issue that is really not noticable. You hardly see the middle (dd) & the youngest (dd) seems to be a bit of a brat IMO.

All of the kids are cute & all of the older DDs look like they need more physical activity.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Do we know why Mari only has one kid?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Fertility issues.. they have tried to have more kids and not long ago on the show Kody suggested that they try again, despite the very high cost of the procedures. Seemed like Meri is kind of "done" with that, though she certainly wanted more kids.