TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 25, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Deadliest Catch: Archive through May 25, 2011 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Guess we lost the thread and all those Phil links.

But, sadly, another loss, guy who worked on the Time Bandit..

http://www.popeater.com/2011/02/23/justin-tennison/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%7C45916

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 2:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Heads up....

Tonight is a new 2 hour "Best of Season 6", and then
next Tuesday, April 12, is the Season 7 Premiere.

It says on my cable guide that we meet 2 new captains in the premiere.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure my heart would be in it anymore.

DVR schedule just shows tons of episodes all week, from all sorts of seasons..

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was just pointing out the new stuff :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I will so miss Captain Phil (and I still think they were robbed - they definitely deserved an Emmy last season - that was absolutely stellar storytelling), but I know I will tune in because I honestly don't think they could survive out there in that deadly cold without my eyes glued on them (yes, I know it is filmed months before, but isn't that the way you feel sometimes?).

Yankee_in_ca

07-31-2000

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
I'll be at CatchCon this weekend in Seattle.

The episode with Captain Phil is eligible for an Emmy THIS year.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It deserves it. If you go for pure heart-wrenching storytelling it should win.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Love this show. I hope Edgar doesn't quit he's one of my fav's to watch. I like Keith alot too.

Yankee_in_ca

07-31-2000

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
There's an article with the Harris brothers in this week's People - it just arrived to my office today.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Yankee, I wanna hear all about your time at Catch Con.
I've seen ads for the new season, and wow Jake's (not the Harris son, the one on the NW) eyes gotten old.
Whatever happened with his father? Did they ever find him?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I only watched half of the show last night (it was a two-hour show and I had to go to sleep) but they said "Jake lost his father" - and they meant that his father was dead.

He has aged rapidly over the course of the show, IMO. I don't know if it is the harshness of the life of a crab fisherman or it is just the harshness of being the responsible one for his entire family...I got the feeling he was already the primary breadwinner even before his father pulled his disappearing act...it seemed to start around the time his sister passed away. That poor young man - he has had to endure a lot in just a very short period of time.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Jake Anderson is in his thirties, while Jake Harris just turned 21.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Landi. Jake A. certainly has had a lot of tragedies in his life, and from what I could gather from prior seasons he was pretty much the main income/earner in his family. The only info I could find about his father is a blog that says his father is still missing. No doubt his family life coupled with the dangerous and demanding job (to say the least-18-20 hour days) have made him look older than he is. I just can't get the look of his eyes out of my mind-reminds me of an old soul. The blog reminded me that Jake had celebrated 6-months sobriety with a cupcake-I hope he's been able to maintain his sobriety throughout all of this.

Northshore

08-10-2005

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northshore a private message Print Post    
I live near Jake Anderson's family. About a week ago the police said they're giving a polygraph test to a witness in the case of Jake's father. Such a sad case that really doesn't make any sense.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
The blog mentioned that, Northshore. It also stated there is a $10,000 reward. Reading this person's previous blog about Jake's dad, the whole thing sounds very fishy, no pun intended. Where and how his truck was parked, keys in the truck, some blood found on the keys but not enough to test for DNA. Very strange. It's been more than a year that he went missing. I'm praying that the family gets some closure soon.
Link to blog:
http://ohrant.blogspot.com/2011/03/deadliest-catch-has-jake-andersons.html

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was watching the story of Phil's life and I think that Jake is older than 21. Phil's ex said that they got married in 1982, Josh was born 11 months later and 2-1/2 years after Jake was born...so that makes Jake born around 86 or 87...so he's got to be around 24-25 at the very least.

Okay,his birthday is October 23, 1985.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 3:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Check out this interview with the skipper of the Cornelia Marie. He sounds like some kind of character for sure.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/08/deadliest-catch-cornelia-marie/

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Just a reminder, new season starts tonight 8p CST.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
WooHoo! I've been watching all of the marathons all weekend-driving my family nuts...lol I just can't get enough of these guys.
Was at massage therapy today and my therapist (I hate calling him a masseuse since he's focused on my shoulder) told me that a friend of his works on a crab boat. The kid (he's in his early 20s-anyone at that age in my life is a kid) makes around $35,000 in 3 months, then usually heads down to Florida and works construction in his "off-time". Talk about going from one extreme to another!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I think I should be offended (or maybe worried?). They keep referring to Capt. Phil as "The Old Man." I see he was just a little more than a year older than me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that's a regional dialect thing...LOL!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Is anyone still watching this? I missed a few episodes but I think I got caught up from repeats. Not liking what's happening on the Cornelia Marie-I get that Josh and Jake are part-owners now, and the new captain has had a beyotch of a time finding the crab, but the boys' attitudes are grating on me. No one can fill Phil's shoes (chair? ). Jake smoking pot on board? I believe it. He sure didn't let any grass grow under his feet when they docked and the captain was going to take Jake up on Jake's offer of a blood test.
This season just hasn't done it for me like it has in the past.

Dbleagle

08-13-2009

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dbleagle a private message Print Post    
Crud, I missed the ending. Jake ran, after he said he would take a UA? Go figure.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJR, I record the show and watch it on the weekends, so unfortunately I don't have that much to offer during the week.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Lexie, you have everything to offer this board, no matter what day of the week! There's been such a lack of posts that I thought many of us had quit watching this season. Gotta say, it sure is a different show without Captain Phil!
Jake Anderson is another one that's really workin' my last nerve. His first turn at setting a string doesn't pan out so he pouts like a baby and goes off on Edgar because of Edgar's teasing? Granted, Jake's been through a lot the past couple of years but... Edgar moved up a couple more notches (not sure that's possible since he was always at the top of my list) by not physically going after Jake. Don't know that I'd have been able to keep my fists to myself. And where's Matt? He's not on the boat?