TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 03, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 03, 2011 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Heck, when I was married, by the last few years, they could have just HAD him.. full time..

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
IMO....Cody seems a bit creepy because he has a different wife for each of his needs:
Meri - bff
Janelle - intellectual equal
Christine - mother figure
Robin - 12 yrs younger, "new", pretty, $ex toy

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Robyn is his "trophy wife," or so said Christine, I believe, when they were getting married. Trophy for what? Being a schmuck?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
What? No new show this wk..........

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am reading "19th Wife," and am fascinated - I have also ordered "Shatered Dreams" on the same subject from mylocal library.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TNT, I suggest Jon Krakaur's Under the Banner of Heaven as well..

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 2:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Deb this weeks show was the "Meri has a colonoscopy & polyp removed"

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sea! I have requested that one as well -

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, I have UTBOH in my Kindle. Will get to it once I finish the second Game of Thrones book (those books are awesome! I'm really enjoying them).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hope Meri will keep up with her colonoscopies now.. having had polyps removed that are the type that do become cancerous and especially with polyps in other family members and losing her sister to colon cancer so young.. glad she did it and hopefully raised awareness too.

Did think it was funny that BOTH times they went to the hospital they were in a totally empty parking lot, in the dark. Now I can see the procedure being early morning, dark, etc.. but suspect they just used some of the same footage because I cannot see going to the doc for results before dawn..

Nice to see their accepting friends at their party, and sad to think they may have been driven out of state to start over.

Kody annoys me but these people have pretty much won me over, just based on what I've seen on their show.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I can't watch this show because of Cody. I tuned in once and he opened his mouth. Did some sort of dance our something...tuned out.

This guy reminds me of every guy that just bugged me. It's not one thing...so many. How could so many loser/annoying traits be in one guy...who then gets not just one but four decent women. Unfathomable.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Cricket, HE is creepy to me as well! I kinda think I watch because I adore all of the wives & kids & keep trying to figure out - "what the he!! do all of these decent, nice folks see in this guy!"

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Finished "Nineteenth Wife!" Ready to start "Shattered Dreams!"

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Tntitanfan - "Shattered Dreams" was an excellent book. Definitely paints a different picture than Sister Wives.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am having a hard time conprehending how brain-washed the women and children are as I read this book!

And it took FIFTY years after the last outlawing of polygamy before anybody was arrested for breaking the law?

Talk about flying under the radar!

I am finding it very hard to shake my head and read at the same time -

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think the key in Shattered Dreams was that she grew up thinking that was her only way into heaven. It's amazing what people will believe when they've been raised that way.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
BJM - Exactly! I can't imagine being so isolated from all alternate information sources. And whatever were their PUBLIC school teachers thinking to not try to bring questions into their minds?

I think a society that took 50 years to bring the law to bear on the institution of polygamy has much to answer for. After the Proclamation of Emancipation, it did not take 50 years for slavery to end!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TNT, when you get to Under the Banner of Heaven, I believe he covers how in some of those communities, the church ran the place, including the police, etc. It wasn't easy to break out. And early marriage, lack of education, etc, serve to keep women down.

But I sure understand your frustration!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So have they said where in Nevada they moved?

Redpen

07-24-2003

Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Las Vegas, I think.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Ha ha, they moved to Sin City?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Don't you remember, Christine LOVES Las Vegas. She and Kody took their kids there for a family weekend. I think they actually moved to Henderson, which is just outside Las Vegas (suburb type).

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Be on the look-out, Kona!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL.. next we will see Kona on the show, giving them a tour of Vegas..

I suspect they may have gone there hoping for job opportunities where they may not be as well known or where employers may not really care about their home situation. Not sure how that worked for them but we know that Meri lost her job and a long ago report had Kody saying he wasn't getting some of his clients back, after the show started airing, that some would ask for another rep.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Just finished "Shattered Dreams," and will have to take a break before tackling "Under the Banner of Heaven!"

At least she was able to think for herself in time to have her tubes tie}d which probably saved her life -