TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 12, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 12, 2011 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 25, 2011 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, just went & downloaded both Shattered Dreams and Under the Banner of Heaven to my Kindle. I'll get to those when I'm done with Game of Thrones. Thanks!

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Monday, March 28, 2011 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I was surprised Janelle's mom was married to Kody's dad. that makes it handy

I thought all along how could their finances work out as they explained before that Kody and Jan were the only ones with substantial income. how could Kody afford the lexus sports car , motorcycle toys, isnt having 4 wives treat enough for him?!?!?!?

I read that since the move to Nevada they now have 4 houses. that is really unbelieveable they could afford that. Sad that the kids grew up basically as one big happy family is now split between houses. Seems sorta like a divorce.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I wondered why they don't put all their money into one pot and pay bills from that. It seems if they decide who will pay what, that would cause alot of issues.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Isn't that what they do?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
what does wife #4 supply to the mix?
1) she's a new "toy" for Cody
2) 4 more mouths to feed
3) living expenses for 4 more people (housing, utilities, clothes, vehicle, gas)

does wife #4 have any financial resources of her own?
1) she prob. gets child support for her 3 kids

It just seems to me that the 1st 3 wives all had their roles & it worked for them as a family. It just seems that the addition of wife #4 & her kids has just brought more burdon on the existing 3 but, they're trying to make it work out of their "love" for their husband.

just IMHO............I believe they're only "putting their business on the street" out of financial demand (at least the 1st 3 wives).

Cody does seem to enjoy the attention that the show has/is bringing his way though & I would bet it's paying most of the bills as well.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Kody is one fertile SOB :-)

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Ask me if I believe he ever does the dishes?!?

I have "The 19th Wife" on order at the library -

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
After reading "Shattered Dreams" (thanks for the recommendation, GAL), I gather that some fundamentalist Mormons believe you have to have at least 7 wives to be exalted in heaven. Kody may not stop at four. Ick.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well, I read an article yesterday that said that Robyn is pregnant and due in October. Another baby on the way! Can't find the article now, though, sorry. I'll keep looking...

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/04/sister-wives-kody-brown-robyn-expecting-baby-makes-22.html

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Erniesgirl! That's the same article I saw yesterday, word for word. They mentioned keeping her from drinking coffee. I thought Mormons didn't drink coffee? I thought caffeine was off limits, just like alcohol?

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
The Mormons I know - although admittedly few in number - do not drink coffee, tea, or cola drinks. No alcohol, as well, of course -

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They aren't supposed to.. but I remember a mormon friend at work.. he had just come back from working for our company in Vietnam (those employees mostly left at the very end in 75) and came to work on our Orange County contract. He just couldn't resist a coke or pepsi now and then. When he left he went to work for a large mormon bank in Salt Lake City so perhaps he ditched the caffeine habit then. But he clearly labelled it as not allowed, while he did slip up often enough.

But being fundamentalist mormon isn't being mormon and since they have chosen to keep practices not included currently by mainstream LDS/ Mormons, I guess they can also wing it on what parts they want to keep and what they don't.

I suppose it could be decaf, though there is still some caf in decaf.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
The short time we lived in Orem, UT we learned from our neighbors that they drink sodas but they don't drink coffee or alcohol. I miss living there.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I found a discussion on a website about the soda issue. Turns out cola sodas are not expressly forbidden and many Mormons drink them, although the church hierarchy tries to discourage drinking them. I found this out after I had a chat with my upstairs neighbor, who is LDS. She was bragging on the great deal she just got on 4 Coke 12-packs. And yep, they were the bright red boxes, not the caffeine-free kind. I was too shy to ask her about the caffeine rules, so I googled.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The Mormons I knew growing up were expressly forbidden to drink any kind of caffeine. I knew one lady who would only drink hot water (no tea, and this is before the herbal teas became popular). I knew one girl who accidentally got a sip of somebody's cola, and she made a big deal out of feeling "different" for the rest of the night! Also when traveling in Utah many years ago with my sister and her husband, we would get dirty looks from the checkers in the grocery store when we'd buy cases of Coke and Pepsi. My sister always complained that they wouldn't drink it, but they'd sure take our money for it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
You know, I just have to say that as creepy as Kody seems to be, they do seem to be a happy family. The children all seem happy and healthy, and they all seem to love each other. It's nice that he takes time to get away with each wife (they travel a lot more than my hubby and I do!), and the wives seem to get along, from what we're shown. It's not a lifestyle I would choose, but they seem happy and they're not really hurting anyone. It's the polygamists that abuse the welfare systems and marry the young girls that should be stopped. I haven't heard anything about the investigation against the Browns, but I wouldn't think they'd be charged with anything.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think they can be charged with anything unless they were playing games with taxes or public assistance, which it doesn't seem like they are doing.

Just because a religion has rules doesn't mean everyone follows them. And again, they are following rules they have chosen, not what the current LDS church demands. I think they'd be more in trouble for being polygamous than for having coffee or coke.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'd love to get the good deal they got at that resort! Well maybe I wouldn't consider it a good deal, of course, but it looked great.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'll bet TLC supplements their vacations. Also they may have gotten a break due to the free PR they got from this show. Made me want to check out Lake Las Vegas!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was an excellent product placement for Lake Las Vegas.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
When Kody was outside on the phone with Mary in Vegas, he made a strange remark about the beautiful hillside view from the hotel, I wondered if that is where they end up moving since I saw somewhere they are now living in Vegas.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
It just bothers me immensely when they're all sitting huddled around him giving their "confessionals." Ick!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That is icky. I wouldn't choose that lifestyle, but they seem very happy together, so whatever! I can see the advantages of the built-in babysitters, help with the housework and companionship, but the sharing the husband part, just ewwwww!!!