TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 25, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 25, 2011 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Tried to bring this thread out of the archives, but apparently I don't have permission?

Didn't anybody else watch the season premier of season 2 last Sunday? They kind of went back in time to when they first "came out" about being polygamists.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I did & I will continue to watch. I like all 4 of the women & they seem to be raising great kids - all 16 of them. Everyone seems so ....umh....how do I say this, normal with the exception of Cody. He gets along with women well. He is shown as being a great father. He must have a libedo to die for! But, there is just something about him that makes me see him as..........umh...........strange!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, let's start with the fact that he's a huge publicity hound. How many times did he mention that they were going to New York to be on The Today Show?

I'm thinking he is kind of stupid too.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
LOL Kind of stupid. That just cracked me up. I just find him creepy!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I forgot what station is it on.Hopefully it will be replayed.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm sure it will be replayed multiple times. One of the things about having a DVR is that I never know what channel anything comes on. I just search for the show and the DVR finds it for me. Sorry.

Debra

11-20-2003

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
It is on TLC and will be replaying on Sun at 8pm right before the new episode.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the new episode. The trip to Wyoming, the ranch. Kody's dad and mom and Janelle's mom who is a sister wife to Kody's mom.. lol..

Seattlemom

05-10-2005

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seattlemom a private message Print Post    
I watched it last night Sea and also enjoyed the Wyoming trip.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I wish they didn't have to show Kody. He really bugs me. He could at least cut his hair so that little flip at the ends in the back doesn't bug me so much when he "bops" around. He doesn't walk or run, he bops, and it annoys me to no end! LOL

Marameko

07-15-2002

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I want to watch a show called Brother Husbands; 4 hot guys married to a woman.
I man a gurl can dream can't she ? Yea that works !
Actually that would be a great parody on Saturday Night Live or has that been done already ? I know it was done on "Raising Hope". Unless I tape SNL I fall asleep during the great skits.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...I was just going to say Raising Hope!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I think Kody is really just another David Koresh type of guy, but he's hiding behind it being all o.k. because of his religion. We sure aren't seeing much religious talk on the show. I think he's sucked the women's brains out.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
You guys are so funny...you know what is Kody's appeal!!

Marameko

07-15-2002

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
While I don't "get " these women I think they are nice people. Wifey # 3 would personally get on my last nerve but watching this show is like driving slowly past a car wreck. You know you should not look but it is AMAZING.
I do have 1 thought but it is not "nice" and the women would have no way of knowing this fact until after they married Kody unless they "fooled" around before marriage. < wink, wink >

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kody looks a lot like my supervisor at work! hahahaha

Queenie

07-09-2007

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Queenie a private message Print Post    
I like this family, I think they get along better than some of the "normal" families out there.
I don't care that they share Cody. Different strokes for different folks!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
I read Shattered Dreams late last year. It is about the absolutely soul destroying experience of plural marriage by a woman who lived it. Her mother escaped a polygamist marriage, but her larger family sucked her back in and convinced her it was her only pathway to heaven, etc. I was so depressed after reading it that I haven't watched this show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That sounds like a good one, GAL. Did you read "The 19th Wife"? That based on the story of Brigham Young's 19th wife and also told the story of the oppression of women by the Mormon Church thru polygamy. It had a parallel story going with a modern day 19th wife. Very interesting read!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Nope, I haven't heard of that one Babyjax, but I will look for it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
The 19th Wife was also a recent tv movie with the woman who plays Lexie grey from Greys Anatomy. I'm too tired to look it up, Chyler someone?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
GAL, have you read Jon Krakaur's Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith? Pretty eye-opening..

Riviere

09-09-2000

Friday, March 25, 2011 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
That was Chyler Leigh...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 25, 2011 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, Sea, I keep forgetting about that one. I've heard a lot about it.

The 19th wife also starred Matt Czuchry (Gilmore Girls & The Good Wife). They changed his character & the storyline a bit from the book. In the book he was a gay man. It was a TV movie (don't remember which channel), but it gets rerun all the time. Here's the synopsis:

Fundamentalist sect member BeckyLyn is accused of killing her husband. Queenie, another wife in the polygamist sect, doesn't believe BeckyLyn is capable of such violence and desperate to prove her innocence reaches out to her excommunicated son Jordan for help in freeing his mother.

Book was much better than the movie, but isn't that usually the case?