TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 05, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Race to Survive: New Zealand : Archive through June 05, 2024 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, May 27, 2024 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I Googled to see if there was anywhere I could watch this for free, and found out it is streaming after the show airs of Peacock, or maybe Peacock Plus, which I purchased on a Black Friday deal.

Oh! You know what??? I had until just this moment totally forgotten that I can stream almost any show on my Xfinity.com/stream access. It doesn't work when I am in TX because all the rentals down there have Spectrum, so I forget all about it over the winter. And I seem to recall that it also removes commercials.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, May 27, 2024 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Up way too late 36 hours before my knee replacement surgery, but I just finished the first episode (used Peacock), and I am hooked. Teaser for next episode is sort of a HUGE deal, but I am NOT watching it tonight!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 28, 2024 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I really like this show. I wish it were longer episodes each week!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 28, 2024 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And I wish it were on earlier. I can't stay up that late to watch it so I will have to watch it tonight.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 29, 2024 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched my recording last night. If the second place team cooked the entire two pounds of bacon, it sucked for the teams behind them that had to smell that bacon while it was cooking.

Also, I was surprised the teams were allowed to raid the nests of the geese for their eggs.

I don't think I'm going to miss the team that was eliminated. They were arguing more than the divorced couple.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 29, 2024 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was wondering if the Geese are protected in New Zealand and if that is what was breaking the rules that is shown later.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 29, 2024 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Last I heard, geese were considered a pest in New Zealand, unfortunately. Being a person that loves all animals...that made me sad. But what really sent a dagger through my heart, was the scene where they showed Ryan (SIL/FIL team) carrying a lifeless cougar on his shoulders. I am now rooting against them. Actually like I said before. I did not start out liking everyone, as I usually do. There were a clear 4 or 5 teams I don't care for, for me.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, May 29, 2024 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm pulling for the Jackson boys... the River Guides. I live about 90 miles from Jackson. They seem to be pretty well rounded. Also like the SmokeJumpers.

2nd episode really highlighted why the newly divorced couple is divorced... my heart goes out to her.

I literally had to FF past when they took eggs out of the nest... and now I'm going to have to do the same with any confessionals with the Hunters (FIL/SIL)... ugh...

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 29, 2024 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
cANADA GEESE ARE AN INVASIVE SPECIES IN nEW zEALAND BLAMING IT ON THE SURGERY DRUGS.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 29, 2024 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
11pm is a bit late.

Why on earth did the guy have to brag about the goose eggs? He just helped other teams to be stronger and loss potential food for his team.

I felt for the mama goose as I know how bonded birds are to their eggs, but leaving two was something, I guess.

And the dead mountain lion, yeah that really bugged me. Doubt they ate it so why?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 30, 2024 - 3:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I must have dozed off. I missed the dead mountain lion.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 30, 2024 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I had to change channels while they showed him carrying around the dead animal, really bothered me as I suspect, like Seamonkey, it wasn't killed for food.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 30, 2024 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Did they kill the mountain lion during the show? Or was that a bio?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 30, 2024 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it was a bio clip, as New Zealand doesn't have any big cats and even house cats are considered to be non native intruders by many.

Seems like a questionable choice of representation on his part.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, May 30, 2024 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
They are hunters so I assume they are proud of their kills... or whatever they call them.

I have to assume it could end up being a taxidermy mount. ???

But honestly I wish they would be more sensitive of the greater audience... in the 1st episode they showed the FIL with the head of an elk on his back... i was like... UGH. and most likely going to turn that into a trophy mount.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 30, 2024 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, didn't like that either. My friend is from Utah...she told me that Utah laws allow the hunting of cougar/mountain lions. Local hunters take hunters that fly in from all over for trophy hunting. There are many businesses that advertise big game hunting. Wonder if they work for one of this places? I saw someone who resembled him on the website (my friend was showing me)....but I'm going to have to research later. I got nauseous with the photos they displayed

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 30, 2024 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That video was indeed taken from his Instagram...on which he has additional video of cougar and other kills. Seems he does work either for himself or for a big game hunting business. Now I have to go do something to help distract my brain from the images it just saw.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 30, 2024 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2024 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I almost had a heart attack when the two guys were looking for goose eggs and found a nest with newborn baby birds...then proceeded to have a conversation about...were they hungry enough to cook and eat the baby birds? What a sigh of relief when they decided to leave the birds be. I was about to write the show off.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 04, 2024 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was bad.. I hope their pulling the branch down didn't deter parents from coming back and feeding the babies.

And we got to see the hunter and family showing off antlers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 04, 2024 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Felt for the guy who injured his knee and heard a snap..That is a helicopter ride none of them want

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 05, 2024 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is the guy who hurt his knee on the team that quit?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2024 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, yes, but they never provided an update on whether his knee was really injured.

They were very clearly in last place as well.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2024 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Agreed -- I hated the footage of him with the dead cougar. I just don't admire hunting that kind of creature. And I was SO happy with the guys did not eat the baby birds. That would have been so awful!

the last place team was so far behind that I can't say I blame them for quitting.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 05, 2024 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kar. It sounds like even though they quit, the last place team will still be eliminated.

I noticed that they spent something like 2-3 full days at "Survivor Camp" and I'm wondering if that's not such a good thing. At least if they are racing, they have the opportunity to get a food cache. There didn't appear to be any food for them at the rest area. I don't think I like that they aren't getting rations. At this rate, the team that survives due to attrition will win because I see a lot of them dropping out from hunger.