TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Race to Survive: New Zealand

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Race to Survive: New Zealand users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 27, 2024Dipo25 05-27-24  12:01 pm
Archive through June 05, 2024Lexie_girl25 06-05-24  1:45 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2024 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, it does seem like there are long stays at Survivor Camp this season.

Didn't see the guys with the fishing gear have any success.

But this year there are opportunities for food caches. I think last season, they got some rations at the start and after that they were on their own?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, June 05, 2024 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I wonder if weather plays a part in how long they are at the check-in camp... the weather was so bad the day before they started the current leg and it seems like it would have been really hard to run it in the rain... especially through the marsh/bog, down the rocks, stuff like that.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2024 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think the long days at survivor camp are just part of the misery factor. nothing to do all day, hungry, etc. I remember they had days in the first season at camp too. It also allows the lagging teams time to catch up.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 05, 2024 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kar, I think they were at camp for three days before starting Leg 2. I don't remember them being at camp that long in Alaska (but I don't have the greatest memory when it comes to these things)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2024 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I vaguely remember thinking that those who arrived first had a long time to rest, while those who arrived last got only one night, and had to leave the next day.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 06, 2024 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah sounds about right. At least at the camps in Alaska they were able to eat berries. It just seems like they had more food available to them. I don't remember them starving like they are in NZ.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, June 06, 2024 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just don't understand the shows that limit food consumption. It affects the physical/mental performance, and that's not interesting to me. I enjoy the physical competition on these shows...so I think of how much better it would be if the contestants were at full potential. Same for Survivor. Can you imagine if they didn't allow food on Amazing Race or The Challenge etc? On this show there are already so many challenges to overcome...the starving part is not enjoyable to me. I want to see people fully applying their brains and body's. Otherwise it becomes a competition about who can go the longest without food and people dragging themselves over the finish line. Again, just my opinion.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 06, 2024 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
In this show, there is no need of starving. People are deciding to skip the tasks for food. Food is there, it is their choice. Therefore the decision to starve is the contestants. I don’t have a problem with it. In the Amazing Race, people have to feed themselves on a task. Usually while waiting. The show does not film the eating part. You see they are given money and some tasks take over a day (or used to, there did not seem to be many overnight tasks and sleeping in the street lately), did you think the camera people fed them? It is their responsibility to drink water on hot days.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, June 06, 2024 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Whether it be a choice or not...don't care for it to be a choice really.

Regardless if they have to eat on their task...they still eat. Never heard anyone complain on AR of being malnourished And no, I did not think the cameramen fed them....

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 07, 2024 - 2:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't mean to be insulting, but the show is giving them food.

On survivor, I guess some groups are better at feeding themselves. I think early on when they got the fishing package some people fished a lot. Others caught crabs. The last few seem to want rewards of food. The whole not wanting rice was weird.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 07, 2024 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I read something years ago about contestants saying they will go hungry on TAR and the only time they get to eat is either when they are at a pit stop or at the airport. The money for their food comes out of what they are given at the beginning of the leg. If they are on a leg where no money is given they either have to feed themselves off whatever money they have left over from previous legs or wait until the pit stop.

But that being said, they aren't going for three days without eating like these racers.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 07, 2024 - 4:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The TAR contestants in this article also said that they have been in an airport and travelers (fans of the show) realize they are filming TAR and will buy them food to help them save money. My takeaway from this article was they are on their own when it comes to eating while on the race.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2024 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I actually was liking the divorced couple in this episode (from previews, this may not last, but for this week, they seemed to work well together). I notice the hunters are called the inlaws.. hmm.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2024 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Last night's episode was really good, and a little bit longer I think?

The only thing that was stupid was after Creighton and Paulina made the deal with Ethan and Tyrie, and they swore to an "NDA", then Creighton immediately tells everyone that they made a deal! What an idiot!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2024 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LEG 2 FINISH:

The River Guides, Oliver, and Corry
The Smokejumpers, Ethan and Tyrie
The Hunters, Bronsen, and Ryan
The Divorcees, Creighton, and Paulina
The Ultramarathoners, Jeff, and Coree
The Oil Riggers, Nik, and Kennedy
The Cool Moms, Rhandi, and Ashley

TAPPED OUT - The Brooklyn Climbers, Mikhail, and Steffen
ELIMINATED — The Rhode Islanders, Emilio, and Heather

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2024 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep, once again, Creighton just cannot keep from talking.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 11, 2024 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else notice the graphic a couple of times said "race 1" completed when the pair got to the box, when it's really race 2? I thought I was losing my mind. But some of them said "race 2" but at least two of them said "race 1".

And yes, Creighton just cannot keep his trap shut. I can see why she divorced him. lol.

The hunters are father-in-law and son-in-law.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2024 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, Brenda, and they really built no suspense for the last two-woman team to maybe arrive ahead of Nik and Kennedy, because they kept labeling them "last place".

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 12, 2024 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That "race 1" on the screen was driving me crazy!!! I also thought I was losing my mind.

Ethan and Tyrie are going to eat pretty good with that eel fishing kit.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 12, 2024 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Don't they leave the equipment behind on the next leg ?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 12, 2024 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
ooohhhh... I don't know Sadiesmom. I thought they could keep whatever they got out the chest. I could see not dragging those chairs on the next leg but the eel fishing kit didn't look to be too big. If they can't bring the eel fishing kit with them, then I somehow missed that in the rules.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 12, 2024 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm.... I don't know that either. Good question!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 12, 2024 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The trap for possums would be awkward to carry, but I had assumed that the fishing kit stayed with the winners of that and likewise the eel fishing kit.. But who knows...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 12, 2024 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Emilio and Heather said they were planning to fish, so I imagine they can bring fishing gear?

Also, whoever got the fire starter said they already had one, too.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 12, 2024 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ok, i'm glad others saw the "race 1" graphic. Just so sloppy!

I too wondered about carrying the chairs -- also the hammocks. It's obvious there are times when they do leave their gear -- like in race 1 when they were in the kayacks. They did not have their backpack of gear with them. So maybe they get to leave the chairs and hammock and production moves it to the next camp for them? That would seem only fair that those extras wouldn't be added to their pack to carry.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 12, 2024 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw Race 1 but thought it was a flashback, but I do tend to be multitasking a lot..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 13, 2024 - 3:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
No Sea... it wasn't a flashback - just some very sloppy editing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 13, 2024 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, sloppy watching on my part, too.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: