TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 27, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Race to Survive: New Zealand : Archive through May 27, 2024 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 10, 2024 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Starting this thread as a reminder to set those DVRs for May 20 on USA!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 10, 2024 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you!
When I set it, I got a 5 minute preview set to record tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 10, 2024 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks a bunch, Lexie!! I just set it up to record the series.

Then the DVR recorded a 3 minute preview.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2024 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I keep getting daily very short previews and my DVR says there is something on the 16th..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My DVR treats all the previews as "new." I just cancel those recordings. I'm one of those weirdos that prefers not to watch the previews. I will wait until May 20 for the show to air.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I keep getting them too. I watched the first one, and just delete the rest.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I dislike previews also. Just show me the darn show! Especially when they show one in the middle of a show...you know, like before a commercial. And I also dislike the re-play or review of the scene before, after the commercial! My memory is not that bad...yet. And when it is ..I probably won't be able to turn my TV on at that point! Lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I sort of glaze over for the 3 minutes, or just delete.

And yep, what Since said.. all of that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Still looking forward to the actual show.. but in one preview I saw someone who looked familiar and have no idea why but I didn't get a good feeling about that person.. but time will tell.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This show is on way past my bedtime so I won't be able to watch until tonight. But I'm curious what everyone thought about the NZ landscape.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, it was beautiful!! And I loved that several of the teams stopped racing for just a few minutes to point it out and enjoy it.

I was cracking up though, when they first started the race, they had to run thru a "field" to get to the box with the maps. They started running and falling ... realizing that is was a bog not flat land.

It always amazes me the people that think this is fun, LOL. And the first leg is amazingly difficult, IMO.

I loved the "Chasm", and the one guy says, it pays to be skinny and I feel for the big guys trying to squeeze thru there.

All in all it was a great show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dipo (I realized I posted this in the wrong thread. We have a NZ thread)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Bump!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I didn't realize we had two threads for this show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dipo, the other was for Alaska.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I did notice that when I went back to figure out how there were two, LOL.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, beautiful!

And the bog! Surprising that no one broke a leg or something.

This season no food provided.

There are caches of food but teams have to go off course to get their portion.

I think all but 2 pairs did go to the first cache.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't know much about the pairs, but one is a recently divorced couple..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
First episode recap.. Good description.. And it rolls into an article about 3 teams from Utah.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/race-survive-zealand-premiere-episode-040100385.html

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
About the couple who found out they were casted 4 days after signing divorce papers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/fitness/race-to-survive-new-zealand-divorced-couple-on-competing-together-in-grueling-show/ar-BB1mFVEo?ocid=BingNewsSearch

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 22, 2024 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was able to watch my recording last night. It was a miracle no one seriously hurt themselves in the bog. So far I like everyone but I'm sure that will change as the weeks go on. I can't wait to see how the newly-divorced couple navigates through this.

(Thanks for the links - I will read them when I get to work)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 22, 2024 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I have never watched a first episode of any reality competition show and immediately had such strong opinions of the competitors right off the bat, just from the intro. I said right away, this team is going to fight with each other, this team is going to fight with everybody, this team is really good natured, this team might be delusional. I usually say I like everybody at the beginning. I've never started out with such strong feelings....so this should be interesting.

The no food rations wasn't a wrinkle I expected, or wanted. They barely had enough nourishment last season WITH the allotted rations. Would love to see what these cameramen look like...they must be athletes also.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 27, 2024 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Oh how many discussions have I had with others over the Amazing race camera people, like they were doing the race running backwards.

I wouldimagine they are happy when people stop to figure out where they are. but it would be fun to imagine they have little flight packs on their back so they could follow them like drones. Hmm I wonder if drones will ever be so successful they can fly and be the camera and sound people.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 27, 2024 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight -- Packrafts, Portages and Pain
Mon, May 27, 2024 60 mins

The first team is eliminated as the remaining competitors must survive the unforgiving wilderness.