TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Deal or No Deal Island

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Deal or No Deal Island users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 06, 2024Brenda196625 03-06-24  9:53 am
Archive through April 16, 2024Pamy25 04-16-24  5:14 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 16, 2024 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I cant stand that owl crew.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 17, 2024 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes! It isn't because they have an alliance but because of their trash talking. And the blonde woman.. most annoying.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2024 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, most annoying are the two women..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2024 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Rob is not only a talented player, but he is one very lucky player.

I find the playing against the banker interesting. It seems that they often think that getting all the low numbers off the board is a good thing, and I suppose it is for the final game.

But for these individual games, it would be better to get all the high numbers off. Then the banker offers you something better than all the low numbers, and odds are, you'll have a low number in your case.

That's how Rob won his bout with the banker.

And last show, Nick? had 50-50 odds to beat the banker because he kept playing too long. Lousy odds, and he went home because of it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2024 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, so often it is a coin flip. I think the banker offer is usually an average of the amounts left. Rob was very lucky to get an offer that put his odds in his favor, rather then close to 50/50. But still, it's not a game of skill, but one of luck.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2024 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it's not always an average, but I could be wrong about that.

It just makes sense that if you have a lot of low numbers left on the board, the banker's offer will be higher than all of them.

That means you should take the deal, because the likelihood is that your case is lower than the offer.

It's a much more likely scenario than if a lot of high numbers are left. In that case, the banker's offer is going to be in the middle of the high numbers, and it's hard to play those odds.

When Nick had the $750 left and 3 high numbers, the offer was $983,000. He still couldn't have taken the deal, because with 3 high numbers, his case was probably higher.

But reverse it and say the offer was $983,000 (or anything over $750!) with a bunch of cases $750 and under left.... it's time to take the deal, because you probably have a lower value case.

So, it just seems weird to me all this rooting for low value cases to be chosen. So, there is some strategy about when to take the deal (or not).

Nick never stood a chance with the cases he chose, unless he had chosen to keep his case at the very last.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2024 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Rob probably shouldn't have joked about if he won that the girls would spend it on frivolous stuff.

Maybe should have said he would buy a fixer upper and put lots of labor into it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2024 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, ITA with you about how to play the banker.

I can't wait for Stephanie's lie to bite her in the ass! I dont want Rob to win I would rather see Aaron win. I feel that Danielle(?) will win. She has gotten a really good edit.

I love this host soooo much. Not just cuz he is hot but he is fun! I could see him taking over for Jeff on Survivor.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2024 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, do you mean Jordan?

I think the only ones remaining are:

Amy
Stephanie
Jordan
Aron
Rob

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2024 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes Jordan! she reminds me of a Danielle LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2024 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 29, 2024 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I knew it! Aaron went against the plan and it backfired. He is going to be so hurt when he finds out that Stephanie was lying when she told him that Rob was after him.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: