TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 16, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Deal or No Deal Island: Archive through April 16, 2024 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Is Claudia the unpleasant dark haired woman out to get Rob?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

I am older and wish Kim would leave. I find her rather unpleasant.

Seamonkey, she is more than a decade younger than you and me! She is giving old ladies a bad name.

Kim is 62 (I thought I heard her say that in 1st episode). Some/most us here are older than she is and look much younger. Wait!!! Are they now targeting these shows to appeal to Boomers? Which most of us here are?

Claudia is the (big, beautiful, afro-haired player) who was a case revealer on some or many of the Deal Or No Deal shows. She might be 50?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Claudia was also on Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Juju, I meant I am older than Pamy.

Kim isn't representing 62 so well.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Why didn't Claudia take Rob's case? Was she looking for an excuse to leave? And if the beanbag landed on a taken number, did they have to throw again?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw a post by Rob and Claudia was commenting there as well. They seem friendly and most people commenting were sorry that Claudia left and wanting Kim to be gone.

I kind of saw the post on Instagram but it just popped up so I don't even know for sure what the username was..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Vsmart, I got the impression that they were removing taken values, but I'm not sure,

Claudia was allied with Rob, so she wouldn't take his case. She wanted Kim out, or the wishy washy Stephanie.

It's almost better if you have a low value case when playing the Deal or no Deal game. You have a much better chance of winning. The only way Claudia would have won is to stick it out to the end.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, April 03, 2024 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The twists are getting better and better. Loving Rob's comments.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2024 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Rob really makes this show fun!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2024 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Rob could win this game in his sleep.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, April 04, 2024 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
More people would apply to be contestants on this show because you don't have to starve or sleep outside like on Survivor.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Friday, April 05, 2024 - 5:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Popped in to read all of your great thoughts and opinions about this show. Glad Kim is gone and surprised that Claudia was out so soon but she seemed good with it.
My thoughts are that not only was Boston Rob put on this show to draw in viewers, but was also given the task of helping a person with challenges in social skills navigate a social game (Aron). Once Aron showed his hand that Rob was not his number one, usually Rob would have dropped him but instead is still helping Aron navigate the social aspects of the game.

Juju I agree, this is easy for Rob, he is only at risk IF he should make a bad deal with the Dealer. Rob always has a great social game and that is why I believe he has the extra task of helping Aron who is challenged in this area. JMHO

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 05, 2024 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The case you have for the actual game is one you draw from those on the board, so it could be high or low value, but you don't know.

I enjoy Rob, but not all the demonizing of others in most confessionals. Producer driven probably and hopefully, but not something that makes me enjoy a show.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 05, 2024 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Agreed with Seamonkey about the demonizing, but Rob being Rob will explain to them it was just show biz, and they will all be friends for life. And they will, and WE will, which we have already done for TWENTY FOUR YEARS now coming this summer. How weird is that?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 06, 2024 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not sure about we. There are quite a few shows beloved to many that I simply stopped watching.

Plenty of shows to be enjoyed, though.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 06, 2024 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I meant we as those of us who have stayed here at TVCH all 24 years.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, April 06, 2024 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Wow,TVCH is 24 years old? I had no idea it had just started 2 years before I joined. My membership date shown is incorrect, I joined in 2002. There was some kind of technical glitch and I had to rejoin and lost my original date. But heck, can't believe I've been on here 22 years! Now I feel old lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 07, 2024 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was just opting out of that we in terms of certain shows. I really enjoyed Ghosts and Elsbeth this week. Elsbeth would be a great name for a cat..

24 years is great!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, April 07, 2024 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow, 24 years. It has gone by in a flash! I have been here for 22! That's how old my daughter is.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, April 07, 2024 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Actually I was just thinking...I just read the comments for a good while before I joined ...so maybe I was here from near the beginning! Crazy that I even found TVCH. Yes, the time has really gone by fast!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 15, 2024 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The difference between Rob, and everyone else...Rob treats it as a game and doesn't take it personally. He is pleasant to everyone. I did not care for the latest attitudes of the "other side". They indeed have gleefully snide remarks for any players that are not aligned with them. I do hope Rob wins, because if he goes home, the show won't be as fun to watch.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 15, 2024 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It would be boring without Rob. He has the absolute right attitude about the game. Loved the looks he gave Aron before the guy got the personal offer from the banker.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 16, 2024 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, I think this show would be boring without Rob.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, April 16, 2024 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, would be totally boring without Rob. And yes, he's such a good sport about it all, pleasant to everyone while he's scheming like a pro!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 16, 2024 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
best line of Rob...surprise guess who got lucky! and then the evil laugh hahaha