TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 11, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: The Great British Baking Show - PBS - New Season 7/1/2016: Archive through September 11, 2022 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It really is timeless.. Just cooking in a tent.

I haven't seen the new series and probably won't, but this was a lovely surprise gift on my DVR.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yep ~ Just in time for summer! Love this crew so I'm very happy to see them in what is a new series/season to us here in the US.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK, will watch the recorded shows now. DOn't know why I thought I saw it before. Perhaps I have reached that age where everyone looks like someone else I saw on something.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ok, thanks, have no idea why these people seem familiar, while I have watched the norwegian alone and the canadian amazing race, I have never watched the great baking show anywhere but on the PBS site if I missed an episode on TV.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I watched my taping of Friday night's show, yesterday. I'm not clear. Is John coming back? They didn't get rid of anybody else, but said two go home next week.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I believe John is coming back.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes he is..

Spoton

09-16-2005

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I just watched the Pie episode. I was amused at their take on the American Pie. I'm not sure any of them had ever seen an "American" pie, based on their results. First they all complained that our pies are too sweet, then they all used a sweet pie crust. None of their crusts looked light and flakey (like mine - ha!). And no berry pies? Then a few used squash in place of pumpkin. No pie pans? No double crusts? No meringue?? Just didn't look like any pot luck dessert table I've ever seen.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Two will go next week.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I know.... the pie episode cracked me up too. Since this was season 3, has anyone else noticed how elaborate the showstopper's have become in more recent season. I look at the show stoppers from this season and am not wowed by them at all.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, September 03, 2018 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Well dang, somehow I completely missed the finale. It didn't show up on my local PBS on any of the days that it is normally shown and now they are on to another season.

But on the bright side, Netflix is streaming what they call "Season 5". It's the first season with a new judge working with Paul Hollywood. The new judge is Prue Leith. There are two new hosts as well. While I miss Mary, Mel and Sue, I'm really enjoying this season as the bakers are very good. I think they've had some very challenging bakes just in the first two episodes.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
I’m now watching Season “6” on Netflix. The new judge and hosts are as endearing as the ones who did not move over, although I miss those 3.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 28, 2019 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
In case anyone is interested, Netflix is airing the current (2019) Great British Bake Off (as Season 7 of The Great British baking Show) on streaming, with each Tuesday episode (from the UK) appearing on Netflix on the Friday. We're currently up to episode 5 or so.

If anyone hasn't caught up with previous seasons (some of which are also there) beware of the first few minutes of the first episode, where they show past winners. After that so far everything is spoiler free.

Citruscitygal

08-07-2003

Saturday, September 28, 2019 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Citruscitygal a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kitt for the heads up on the Great British Baking Show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, September 28, 2019 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I keep putting it on and then falling asleep, I have to watch it earlier in the evening.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 29, 2019 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh thank you!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, September 29, 2019 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I've been watching this show and I'm amazed at how well these bakers do. Some contestants say they have never seen or tasted the things they are required to make, yet most seem to pull it off. Great show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, January 28, 2021 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
coming soon! at least to England. then to the US?

‘The Great Celebrity Bake Off’: Daisy Ridley & James McAvoy Among Stars Signed Up For Charity Series

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Friday, January 29, 2021 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Netflix has Nadiya Hussain's show "Time to Eat" now. And "Nadiya Bakes" will premier on Feb 12. The best winner of Great British Bake off.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 07, 2021 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If anyone is a fan of Sue Perkins (presenter for the early seasons) they might be surprised and delighted to see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoldgDMdX7w

Who knew?!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, February 07, 2021 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Plus, she was a writer for Absolutely Fabulous. Who knew that, too!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 19, 2021 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just stumbled across this on Netflix and watched the latest season and now am going back and watching other seasons. This show is greatness and I have so far liked all the judges (Paul Hollywood - the Simon Cowell of baking) and hosts. I am amazed at the difference in American baking and British baking. I like that the contestants have to do a wide variety of tasks, although the term "Biscuit" still throws me. My only regret is that my daughter started watching it with me so I can't just binge watch these days.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Two things:

1) the new 2022 season of GBBO starts this Tuesday, and will be on Netflix US as GBBS on Fridays.

2) the 2021 season of Junior Bake Off is at Netflix. It is so good!! I hadn't watched a Jr Bake Off before but I loved it. The judges were perfect for younger people, one was Liam, who some of you might remember as a previous (adult) contestant. DEFINITELY worth watching.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Netflix?! :-( I have it, but it's a pain to remember to watch.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The season's usually 10 episodes, so you could wait until the end of October then binge. Or the Junior Bake Off is already there, all 15 episodes.