TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 07, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: Archive through October 07, 2023 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Another season is coming. Seems like it will start off before Janelle left Kody, though that is really old news. And since production teased the fact that Meri has also left Kody, she then was free to post about that. Seems that isn't a new thing either. She's been traveling and hanging out at the B&B in Parawan. She just posted about the wedding of Gwendlyn and her girlfriend. In Gwen's posts it looked like Robyn was there and some people saw Kody.

Christine is planning her wedding.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Geez those Brown girls get married young.
Christine is remarrying how long have they been together?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Really? Gwendlyn got married? How did I miss that? They do all get married young.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I saw Kody in the background of one picture holding an infant.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 20, 2023 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The new season started.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 26, 2023 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mariah (who's now transgender and uses the name Leon) married Audrey. Almost a year ago, actually, but they kept it a secret. Neither Kody nor Meri was there. Sad.

https://www.realitytea.com/2023/08/25/sister-wives-star-leon-brown-secretly-marries-audrey-kriss/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm watching my recording of last night's show, and I am stunned to see Ariella Brown (Robyn and Kody's youngest) running around with a binky in her mouth. She was at least 6 years old when this was filmed (she was born in 2016). That's just not normal. Does she have a developmental disorder of some kind?

Aside from being bad for her dental development, pacifiers inhibit speech. I used to work at a Montessori school. They used to encourage the two-year-olds to deposit their binkies (if they had one) in a basket when they came into the classroom, to be retrieved on the way out. Kids can't talk with a passie in their mouths.

I doubt she takes that thing to school with her. The other kids would show her no mercy.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I dont know why I watch it but I do. I think Meri is a very sad figure. She seriously needs therapy, something, to help her realize her worth. She clings to a hope for a guy who has treated her like crap for decades. He forces her to get a divorce (she was the only legal wife) so he can give those benefits to wife number 4. He insults her all over the place and she still cannot admit that she needs to walk away adn admit it.

Janelle, love her. She has had enough being screwed over, allbeit a little late since she has no property no assets but wishing her well.

Happy for Christine for walking.

Robyn - nothing good to say about her.

Kody - what a horrible person, disgusting and I have zero remotely possible to say about this guy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Remember what is airing is kind of old news.

Kody just gets worse and worse.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Cody is a classic narcissist and Robin is … I have no words.
I wonder if she has any girlfriends. Her girls need to be socialized too.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Robyn is a strange one.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Swimming alone upstream here, but I just don't see Robyn as the diabolical, evil, selfish home-wrecker most seem to see her as. I see her as overly needy emotionally for acceptance from the other wives. And clueless. I'm not ruling out the possibility it's an act and she's a phony, but her misery is palpable, and her ostracization hurts my heart. I'm glad at least Meri is fond of her.

Clearly her appeal to Kody is her subservience, which his immature, narcissistic ego apparently requires.

It's horrible how Kody seems to neglect ALL his other kids entirely and fawns on Robin's kids.

His (irrational) beef with the oldest boys shouldn't spill over to all the rest of his kids many of whom are teens or younger. Doing NOTHING for them for Christmas? Shitty parenting if you ask me. And he prides himself as an exemplary father figure, when his kids are actually more mature than he is. Aargh!

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I do not see her as home wrecker, evil or diabolical. I think she is more similar to Meri. She has no self identity, she sees her dientity as part of this plural marriage. I think her first marriage was also a plural marriage. I think she is terrified of living in a world with no sister wives.

She came into the marriage thinking it was a world she could embrace but it turned out her sister wives were miserable and she was the catalyst to the breakdown, not her fault. She married a narcissist who cared only about himself.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Glad that Meri is finally taking stock of her situation and doing what she needs to do for herself and her self-esteem. While she's still pathetically emotionally tied to Kody, she's slowly shedding her rose-coloured glasses. How she can tolerate the dichotomy of how traumatic the split from Christine has been for Kody, versus his coldness towards her, is beyond me.

Janelle is amazing and rightfully the most popular. She's straightforward yet kind. I love her can-do attitude, her genuine optimism. Not happy she's facing financial hardship and rather surprised she allowed herself to end up in this position. She's supposed to be a savvy business woman.

Never cared much for snarky Christine. She has a 'mean-girl' vibe imho. Clearly she was only happy when she felt like the favourite. So Kody having a favourite was ok with her then. 🙄 I will say, I'm glad she's moved on and seems to have found the happiness she seeks.

And that's my 2 cents worth.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
If I remember correctly from the very early seasons, Christine came from a prominent plural family. I think her father was some sort of leader so she grew up plurally but also had a sense of her superiority in terms of social hierarchy. She was a second wife but if you are raised with a sense of entitlement, you may believe you should have more value in the house.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That makes sense regarding her attitude. But it's Christine's personality that drives me up the wall.

Actually, Meri also can be difficult too. She was pretty demanding or dismissive of Janelle at times. Remembering how she and Janelle had to go to therapy to work things out.
I like them both, just too bad they don't get along.

In my travel bucket-list, I would love to stay at her Bed and Breakfast in Parawan some day.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Janelle was at the bottom of the pyramid, Meri was first wife, Christine was the wife from very influential polygamous family - her father had some sort of title, and then there was Janelle. She was screwed from the jump and wife number four comes in.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
True, AND Kody in all his benevolent diplomacy 🙄 blurted out how he'd NEVER been attracted to Janelle. Why on earth did he ever marry her then?

As for Christine, I will admit I admired her when she rallied the family and fought for plural marriage rights, marching etc., many seasons ago.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Robyn never stuck up for her sister wives with Kody. She took his side and not theirs, every single time.

She should have told her selfish husband to treat them equally, but she relished the special treatment and then seems confused that it all fell apart? Sorry, she played a part. Maybe not diabolical or evil, but self-serving nontheless.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think she felt she owed him. He divorced Meri - his only legal wife - so he co uld legally marry her and give her and her kids benefits. Her decisions were based on what was best for her and her kids. That he made the decisions worked out for her and now she is stuck with him.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Y’all give Robin more credit than I would. She’s just as bad as Kody, she just knows how to hide it better.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Maris - she may feel like she owed him, but she doesn't seem all that happy with him lately. Still, as I said, she sticks up for the other sister wives when he's not around, but we never see her do it with HIM.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think it is just pride making her stay with him. She defends him but I often wonder if at this point is all ab out the show. None of them seem to have any gainful employment and rely on the show for income. If they all left him they would have to name the show sister exes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meri made the decision for the kids.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, October 07, 2023 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Christine got married this weekend:

link