TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 26, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Special Forces (on Fox): Archive through September 26, 2023 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, February 18, 2023 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've done a lot of work with enlisted personnel, so I think it makes me more open to their experiences/viewpoints.

That provides a perspective that most of us will never experience.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well congratulations to the girls who made it to the end. I was really surprised Danny quit. He didn't seem to be in that much pain to quit so close to the end? Dwight just crumbled. I feel like Hannah never let them get in her head. I don't know if they hadn't put the 2 girls together if the other girl would have made it. I think she was able to take from Hannah's strength and decisions. So in my Mind yes I both finished but Hannah was the one that really persevered. Who would have thought?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree! Hannah was surprising in her ability to think things thru and not get thrown by them. I also don't think the soccer player would have made it without her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hannah definitely jumped up in my estimation. Agree that it was Hannah who must have listened and retained their preparation and pulled off the win for both of them. If they had not made Hannah a winner and chosen only the soccer player, that would have been wrong.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Agreed. So Impressed with Hannah! She really is one tough lady.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s really a joy how people can surprise you on these shows.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, that is especially nice.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Season 2 cast list released:

Sandoval will be joined by actress Tara Reid, model Blac Chyna, Dance Moms alum JoJo Siwa, NFL star Dez Bryant, Bachelor Nation members Tyler Cameron and Nick Viall, Chrisley Knows Best star Savannah Chrisley, 90210 alum Brian Austin Green, NBA champ Robert Horry, Olympians Erin Jackson and Bodie Miller, The Osbournes star Jack Osbourne, and food and travel influencer Kelly Rizzo.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 01, 2023 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
please please let Tara Reid go quietly. that woman is in no shape for anything.

I can see Jojo doing well, dancers are strong and used to pain. I don't know most of the rest.
Jack will probably drop out early.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, August 01, 2023 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I think, most of these people won't take kindly to get yelled at, 2 inches from their face. Jack, has MS. But if it's in remission, he might do great. He is tough.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, August 01, 2023 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
excited and hopeful for JoJo - has the stamina and used to being yelled at :-) not commenting on Dez Bryant since he was a Dallas Cowboy :-) Erin Jackson is a female speed skater so I always am rooting for her.

Bode Miller... i am guessing this has already been filmed? Feel terrible for the family scare that put his kids at risk...lots to go through emotionally. Will be interesting to see his temperament in the show.

I also have hopes for Brian Austin Greene - if he lasts two weeks I think he can go far.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
New season starts tonight. I'm hoping the contestant I don't like, won't ruin the season for me. Or if they stay, the instructors lay into them lol

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought the new season started on Sept 25th?

https://www.fox.com/special-forces-worlds-toughest-test/

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That's actually the date I had thought, but my Tivo Guide showed it as being on tonight. After, I was looking on the Spectrum Guide and it didn't have it listed. I realized Tivo was wrong. Just got off the phone with them, they are in the process of fixing it. This is not the first time their TV Guide has been off. The guy said, "Well, we got the day right, Monday, (Hahaha)…just 6 weeks early".

Was just coming back here to rectify the start date…but not my hope that a certain celeb leaves early or gets a good straightening out by the instructors

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sincebb1. I really do appreciate reminders, because my DVR often misses subsequent seasons!

But when I couldn't find it on my Xfinity guide, I looked it up.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol well, consider it a very early reminder. I'll be back in 6 weeks to remind everyone again.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Thank you!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oops forgot reminder lol last night was first episode.

There are some on this cast that are going to have a hard time. Whether it be because of attitude or because of physical limitations.

There are a few I didn’t care for before this show and a few I already liked. Let's see if any of them change my mind lol

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Poor Tara Reid, I’m rooting for her.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm rooting for her too. She looks so thin, I hope they feed her well or she may evaporate! It takes a lot of guts to put yourself out there for this. I don't expect Nick V from Bachelor to last long. I like him, but he's too arrogant. I'm thinking this season won't be as fun without Hannah Brown but so far so good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think someone may emerge as a surprise, as Hannah did for me last time. I certainly didn't expect that to happen.

I worry about Jack Osbourne. His MS, which might be in remission, could be made worse with diet and stress.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://news.yahoo.com/entertainment/meet-special-forces-worlds-toughest-205342623.html

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://news.yahoo.com/jack-osbourne-takes-special-forces-190334011.html

Jack may be right about the most surprising person..

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I see Kelly Rizzo is the widow of Bob Saget.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I also was wondering how Jack was going to do with his MS...but he certainly has the mindset. I think his body would have to take him out of the game.

On the other hand, I do think that Tara will get overwhelmed physically. I do think she will gain fron the time she is there though. I also think she has met people that will support her, from here on out.

If Angela can get her attitude in check...she has the rest under control.

Sandoval, I think, is going to do well...blah

I didn't know Brian was such a pot stirrer. He was nicer on DWTS

Savannah, I didn't know much about, other that her parents. Nick Vialle has a podcast, and has had several of them on. Savannah surprised me. She is tough. She has been left caring for her younger siblings. All of a sudden she's mommy and daddy.

Jojo impressed most of the cast. Nick said he would forever be her friend. I think she did herself a huge favor by going on this show. Otherwise I think she would have remained in the world of unicorns and pink feather boas.

Ultimately this show is about mental endurance. It helps if you have the physical to back it. But I love that you can't get eliminated or voted out. You can fail every single challenge
and still "win" by making it to the end.

Did anyone notice...the instructor said there are only two ways you leave. Because you hand in your number and quit, and in a wooden box. Previously, if you left behind you number armband, you were let go. He didn't mention it this time