TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 10, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Traitors CONTAINS SPOILERS: Archive through February 10, 2023 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Brenda I read this:

"The Traitors filmed at the end of April 2022, which was after both Stephanie and Cirie filmed Snake in the Grass. Stephanie was the snake, trying to sabotage Cirie, Janelle Pierzina, and Rachel Reilly, but they identified her as the snake and won the game"

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It has to be hard waiting so long for your prize money! But what an interesting life they lead -- going from one reality show to another. I'm surprise Stepanie isn't on the Challenge (or maybe she was as I didn't watch for many years).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://robhasawebsite.com/thetraitors-season1-roundtable/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Kitt, how did you watch Traitors UK? Did you use a VPN?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No, I use an old link to one of those "best series" sites, where they link to various downloads. I don't think I'm allowed to post the link here, but let me know if you want it and I can send you it. Best used on an old pc as it has some really scary adverts that probably download dodgy stuff.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I've been meaning to post some thoughts for a while now, finally getting around to it!

I think I liked the show so much because of Alan Cumming and his amazing over-the-top hosting abilities. I've read some post-show interviews with him, and he said he had a blast with the whole thing, and it shows!

I wish all reality shows had hosts like this - he had a bit of fun at the expense of the contestants and didn't take himself or the show too seriously.

As much as I enjoyed it overall, I have some criticisms as well:

It was heartbreaking for the two regular people to be fooled into thinking they won, and were then devastated by a person who is basically a reality-show careerist. The cast should be all reality show celebrities OR all regular people.

As much as I enjoyed everyone revealing their votes and discussing their fellow 'houseguests' so openly, they probably shouldn't do that! After being suspicious of the person you think is a traitor and voting them out, how do you continue the game with them? It's awkward!

Not sure how they can solve this, but it seems to me that the traitors have it easier. The faithfuls have to be careful who they talk to, but the traitors just need to gather info from the other 17 people and compare notes to evict people who are suspicious of them. Traitors have too much of an advantage IMO

I am glad that so many of us here at TVCH watched, and that it's getting so much attention in the reality TV universe. I hope there's a second season, but they need to make some adjustments.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It may just be me, but I liked having people I recognized playing. Admittedly, it makes it more difficult for the "regulars", but in the end, it was 2 of them and 2 "stars"... so it seemed pretty fair.

It's just that Cirie is/was a master manipulator. She even fooled the other reality stars who should have known better! Heck, one of the reality stars was the first Traitor to be voted out. So I didn't see a big imbalance. Cirie is just incredibly good at these games.

I didn't think they should replace a Traitor tho, was not fond of that twist.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That link I posted to a roundtable included a podcaster in Australia. She has seen the US, UK and Australian versions of Traitors and she thought the ones with all "celebrities", or all newbies worked better than this US hybrid version.

Now that these have aired, there would be some that were totally new but probably most would have seen at least one version prior to playing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the replacement option was to prevent the game from being super short..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Her opinion is interesting, but honestly I really think it depends on the celebrities... like I said, Cirie is really a master at this game. I think the game would have been entirely different if Cirie had not been a traitor.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am not sure why Cirie would be expected to make this a team game, when the idea was to win. Same with expecting any of them to take the biggest threats to the end. For most of them the idea is to make their actual family more secure. Curtie is good, and that has caused her to not actually win in the past. This time she pulled it off.

In a real celebrity edition of some of these competitions they play for a charity, but even then would want that cause to benefit.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I still don't understand why Arie removed himself. Didn't this move just hand the game to Cirie? Which kinda diminishes her win?

If he stayed in, wouldn't he have split the money with Cirie, since they both went undetected? I'm sure I'm missing something big, I just don't know what it is!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Rosem, my best understanding was that he was going to be out anyway, because Cirie was going to place suspicion on him for the next round of voting. He removed himself, and his exit speech was intended to clue the other two in on the fact that Cirie was a Traitor, but they didn't pick up what he was putting down.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
In fact, Cirie had already arranged with Quentin and Andie to vote out Arie. She told them that Arie would just buy another Porsche with it, so he didn't need the money. But the 3 of them did.

Arie got suspicious, when she said she was gonna vote for Quinton and voted for Kate (along with Andie and Quentin) to be banished instead. Then when she made the speech about, there was still one person that didn't deserve the money....he KNEW what she was up to. So he made that speech hoping to clue in the two Faithfuls...but it went over their heads

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that info, Sincebb1... I missed that part. And forgot about the "didn't deserve" speech by Cirie.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That would certainly been something if Andie and Quentin had caught on, banished Cirie, splitting the money between them.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 23, 2023 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watched the RHAP round table and one thing I really agreed with was that the letter to the murdered person should have been signed by the names of the Traitors. We were cheated out of seeing their reaction to who the traitors were. Also, the people voted out should have been told in their interview/post eviction snippet as well. They have time in the episodes as they could quit doing that horrible rewind they do after each commercial break. Seriously, we remember what was going on!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 24, 2023 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Seriously, we remember what was going on!

Especially if we're watching on Peacock and there are no commercials. It's stupid. So much wasted time!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, January 26, 2023 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the explanations of Arie’s move. This is why I felt like the regular people were out of their league playing against reality tv “professionals”. Perhaps if these newbies were more familiar with reality tv betrayals they may have picked up what Arie was putting down. Oh, well, I enjoyed the series, hope they make some changes, but I’ll watch another season if Alan Cumming hosts it!

BTW, if any of you still have your Peacock subscription, check out the new series, “Poker Face” starring Natasha Lyonne and written and directed by Rian Johnson, who also wrote and directed “Glass Onion” and “Knives Out”. The first 4 episodes are out now, 6 more to follow, released weekly. Very fun and funny mystery series, I am addicted!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 28, 2023 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We started Poker Face last night. We love it, though it's a little graphic at times. She's like a female Colombo! She even talks like him a little bit. She just needs a cigar. 😊

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
It seems I read somewhere that if there is a U.S. The Traitors Season 2 it will be with all newbies.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
-Renewed for Season 2

-Andy Cohen hosting a reunion special on Peacock 2/28

-UK version airing on Peacock later this year (I managed to watch this already; they do recycle most of the challenges, as they filmed the UK and US shows back-to-back in the same location, but it's as good if not slightly better than the US version...)

https://deadline.com/2023/02/the-traitors-renewed-season-2-peacock-plus-season-1-reunion-hosted-andy-cohen-1235247773/

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm glad to hear that, but I would have preferred they filmed reunion right at the end of the series finale and not months later. By then you don't get the raw reaction from the cast. But thank you Andy. I'll still love it

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 10, 2023 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You know, I was thinking...I would so much rather Alan Cummings do the reunion than Andy Cohen.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 10, 2023 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
His name is Alan Cumming. And I love him, too! He's a great actor.