TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 16, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: So You Think You Can Dance - Season 17: Archive through December 16, 2022 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, June 10, 2022 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Competition begins next Wednesday

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, June 10, 2022 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Can't wait!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Matthew Morrison is out as one of the judges. He allegedly violated protocol by contacting one of the contestants via Instagram. She felt uncomfortable and reported it.
So Jojo Siwa and Twitch and a third to be named later.
They changed up the format and had their top 12(?) already. None of the dancers, that made it, stood out to me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I really liked him as a judge. I agree there are no standouts this year. Surprisingly, I like Jojo as a judge. I think she is doing a valid job.

new judge will be Leah Rimini!!! ugh with all the dancers and choreogs they pick her!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't like when they have judges (on any dance show) that are not choreographers and/or seasoned dancers. Just being a celebrity, or a celebrity that dances in their videos etc...is not enough for me.

Jojo gets on my nerves. Sorry to those that like her. She just does. At 19 she doesn't even have life experience.

I like Leah okay, although she can get on my nerves too. But if appearing on DWTS is now enough dance experience to get you a job judging on a dance show....

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was hoping they’d use Mandy Moore the choreographer.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Pamy, about Jojo. She has a lot of dance experience. And I think she's doing a good job so far.

Though I like Leah Remini, I was also unsure about her as a judge. When I mentioned it to my hubby, he said, "Simon Cowell can't sing, but he's been a judge on singing shows for years. Also the people who vote aren't dancers either, so why should that be a requirement for the job?" Hmmmm, I see his point.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
but Simon was a producer so he knew how to search for talent

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not watching.. yes, Simon knew talent and had created and produced talent.

Jojo gets on my nerves too.

I like Leah, not so much for a judging assignment, but I hope it pisses off the Scientologists that she can still get a gig, as I'm sure they were wanting to destroy her in every possible way.

Mandy Moore, fresh from This is Us, had a singing tour set up.. oh and then found out she was pregnant with second child.. not sure how that affects the tour, but she seems pretty busy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2022 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, I think Kooklie was probably referencing the other Mandy Moore (the choreographer), who still choreographs for this show and has been a guest judge in the past. She would be perfect. It's confusing, I know.

When I first mentioned that SYTYCD was replacing Matthew Morrison as a judge, hubby jokingly said, "Maybe they'll hire Tyra Banks!" Arghhhh!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, June 12, 2022 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Simon Cowell is a record executive. So I think he's absolutely qualified to critique singers. However I look at AGT as a talent show. Not a literal dance competition. So in that sense, I don't hold the judges to any particular standards. They're just judging entertainment value

On So You Think You Can Dance... It started out to be a high level of pure skill. In the first seasons those that were skilled in one type of dance only, didn't make it through. They had to be able to do all the different types of dance. They were judged on every step every extension...

I mean if you remember Mia Michaels... Her choreography was brutal and only the very best made it through. She was also one of the toughest judges. Sometimes too tough.

I would have loved Mandy Moore as one of the judges. But that means they would have lost her as a choreographer on the show. She produces such magical productions... I would rather have her as a choreographer.

Actually there are many of them that I miss. Travis Wall, Jean-Marc Généreux, Napoleon and Tabitha D'umo, Tyce Diorio, Shane Sparks to name a few. All of which I would welcome as a judge.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 03, 2022 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this season is awful! The dancers are no where near the quality of dancers in the past. There are only a couple that have charisma.

The judges praise everything, even when we know they should be calling them out

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 04, 2022 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh of course!! That actually makes sense about which Mandy Moore. Sorry, I had not been back to the thread recently, but I have not watched this show for quite some time.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 05, 2022 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think they do have some quality dancers, but this season feels SO rushed! It feels like we have not been giving time to know them and they are gone. I also think not being able to vote has hurt this show. I don't like this abbreviated season much.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Twitch has passed away! I can't believe it. He was only 40.

https://people.com/tv/stephen-twitch-boss-dead-at-40/

eta: self inflicted gunshot wound.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don’t normally cry when celebrities die, but this one hits hard and I cried. Every time he was on the screen, the joy just filled his soul and it passed through to all who watched him. We just never know what pain people are feeling. RIP Twitch, you were special.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My hubby saw this on the Internet early this morning. I thought at first it must be one of those awful hoaxes, but no. So, so sad. He's always been one of our favorites from the show. Such a seemingly happy guy with so much to live for. Maybe he and Allison were going through something, or maybe he just suffered from chronic depression and never shared it. Just shockingly, horribly sad. I'm so sad for their young children.😥

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't help but wonder if it hit him hard that Ellen's show ended. I mean he wasn't just her DJ sidekick. He also worked up to executive producer and it was his biggest job ever.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Kooliebird - this one hit hard whereas most celebrity passing (not that I don't care that someone passes) I can just move on past. I think it is because we basically saw the beginning of his career on SYTYCD and the progression of it. His joy in his dance and his relationship always seemed infectious - but then again we never know what lurks in the back of people's heads. I am sending positive thoughts to his wife and children - such a sad and seemingly senseless loss.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I feel exactly the same as what you wrote, Roxip. Thank you.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
How do you even explain this to your kids. My heart breaks for Alison.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
This one is a real heartbreaker. So very shocking. he always seemed so happy, so much joy. And someone with his means has access to help if they seek it. So what went wrong? Why didn't he get help? So tragic.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
He may have been getting help, for all we know. The human brain is still a mystery. Even doctors are many times just giving an educated guess when treating people with mental illness. Everyone's body chemistry is different, and one person can have a bad reaction to a medicine that helps someone else. There's no quick fix -- and sometimes no fix at all -- for mental illness. tWitch is a true tragedy.

I have a close family member with BPD (BiPolar Disorder). He has to have his meds adjusted every few years, because what once worked for him isn't effective anymore -- his body adjusts and changes how it reacts to the meds. It's a lifelong process.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
TMZ says that he left a note and that is wasn’t due to financial issues. Allison probably knows what was going on and will share if or when she wants.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The note simply said that there were things "from the past" that he couldn't deal with any more. Perhaps Allison knows what he meant.

It's just so sad.

Babyjax, as I said elsewhere, I lost a friend who had been treated for bipolar for decades. I thought he was stable, and we had a pact that he would call me if he was suicidal. This time he didn't. :-(