TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 19, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Traitors CONTAINS SPOILERS: Archive through January 19, 2023 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I agree.

It was so painful watching Andie and Quentin think they won.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, LOL, I hope this means that Cody gets banished, that would make me very happy. I don't know If I will see any more, don't know if they are going to show any more of the series on Bravo.

I know several groups who have watched the entire show and I know Peacock dropped all the episodes (or so I hear), so I think that means we can talk about spoilers.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Naja, because of how this show is set up I wont watch again. The traitors have a huge advantage

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It reminds me of the The Mole where I enjoyed the first season but didn't necessarily want to watch another. I have so many conflicting feelings about who wins and who doesn't any more with these games. I have never liked it when people think their reason for wanting to win is more important then the next person's. Everyone has a family to provide for.

I feel like Ari redeemed himself somewhat for the actions he took throughout the game. I'm not a Rachel fan but the criticism aimed at her at her last round table was so unnecessary. Kate was nothing more then an insecure bully. She reminded of the mean girls on Janelle's first season of BB.

I loved the scenery, the location and of course, the host. It's what kept me coming back.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also feel a little like this was set up for Cirie to win. Just a gut feeling.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
My thoughts...While I enjoyed this series. I didn't love it. Don't like mob mentality

Like, that there is more than 1 traitor but not that they replace them. Although it is an interesting twist.

They seemed to have borrowed most of their task ideas from other shows

Like, that the traitors don't have to sabotage the tasks (as on the Mole and Snake in the Grass) and that they have to work with everyone to add money to the pot

I do not like how they sit around and discuss who they are going to vote out…gives them opportunity to "vote with the house" (alla Big Brother) . It also promotes the mob mentality. Preferred The Mole method, where nobody knew how anyone voted

Don't like that the same person is able to get the shield=immunity. Especially if they are a Traitor.

I would probably like, that the "banished" and "murdered" had more of an opportunity to save themselves. Maybe even, that there were some sort of consequence when it is guessed wrong?

Would make it more fair if they were able to work to get a clue about the Traitors. They dont even know the ratio of Traitors to Faithfuls. I mean when 50% of them are still Traitors at the end, how is a Faithful supposed to win? This way I don't see how a "Faithful" can even make it to the end. It is the Traitors game to lose.

If it hadn't been for Kate and Rachel Andie and Cirie would never gotten out of the bug cage.

Lastly….I think Cirie did not contribute anything on the final task (or many others), other that utter the words, "look up". I would have been more impressed if she had jumped out of the helicopter at least.

I never have liked Cirie that much. I am not a fan of the game she plays. This is her 6th opportunity at a money prize and her 2rd win. She could have split the win with Arie. He had more class. It WAS tough to see the pain that Andie and Quentin felt.

I don't see how they are going to do a second session of The Traitor. The cat is out of the bag. Unless they already filmed the second season. Like they did on Survivor.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I liked most of it. But like others, there are some improvements that could be made.

I also think that someone should be given an opportunity to save themselves from being banished or killed, like immunity or something.

While I liked the round table discussions, I also think the vote should be secretive.

The biggest complaint I had was the end. That fire pit thing I think was ridiculous. I think it should just have ended after the final banishment and if there were still traitors left, then they win. If not, the faithfuls win.

Not sure what would make this work season after season, but I do really like the concept. I would like to see all newbies. To some degree I think the newbies relied on the “stars” too much. Or maybe the “stars” just took over! Lol

I think Andie & Quentin should have questioned why Arie would quit at the end if he were the only traitor left and how Cirie knew. They didn’t seem to ever question her even after seeing her play other games. So for that, they deserved to lose IMO, but I didn’t care for the end at all.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree that Andie and Quentin were the least worthy of making it to the end. But the Traitors make sure to drag the least enlightened players that are not a threat to the end.

I was surprised that Andie and Quentin didn't pick up that Cirie was a Traitor after she said that she thought that there was a person who didn't deserve the money that made it to the end.

In their minds, at that point, I'm assuming they were questioning what the heck Cirie meant. They thought they were good. Arie knew exactly what Cirie meant. I thought after Arie removed himself, he gave Andie and Quentin the clue they needed to vote Cirie out and split the money between the 2 of them.

Cirie had already sealed the deal to get rid of Arie with the 2 Faithfuls by telling them..they both had babies on the way. The money meant more to the three of them than to Arie...because to him it was just another Porsche. That is some dirty play. Plus she admits she might not even have split the money with Christian or Cody.

She also went out of her way to swear to Arie that it was her and him to the end. I just can't get behind her style of back stabbing people.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Agreed. I also would like a tie up episode at the end, bring back all of the players and see their thoughts after it was all said and done. Wondering what Stephanie thought after she was soooo sure that Cirie couldn’t be a traitor.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah an aftershow would have been great!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I only watched the two episodes on Bravo, but listened to all of the RHAP podcasts.

I had seen the Wikipedia charts so I knew their order of being murdered, banished or leaving.

They watched an episode, podcasted, watched the next episode, podcasted... They combined episodes 1-5 in one stream, 6-10 in another, but you could watch one at a time and just listen to Rob and Pooya talk about each episode after.

They stayed unspoiled, even blocked the chat, but had a chat monitor to relay questions. Pooya had watched the British version.

Alan Cummings was a good host, for sure, but he is also actor, stand up comedian and author.

He also did a really funny tour of Scott with Miriam Margolyes that I enjoyed very much.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16296922/

As for most of the competitions being like the ones in the British version... THIS version filmed prior to the British version at the same location, so that version was the copycat. It just dropped sooner.

It seems that they only pretended that they slept in the castle, but they did not.

Rob did an interview with Alan before this aired, and with a few if the "celebrities", and plans some post show interviews.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Where did they sleep if not in the castle?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
In the UK one they were in local B&Bs, so I presume that's where the US ones actually were. They weren't allowed to meet (presumably so they couldn't discover who's missing because of filming the Traitor parts).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've watched this and the UK and Australian ones, and this was the least enjoyable by far. For me I think that was mostly because of the reality stars, especially Brandy and Kate, and the just mean spiritedness they brought.

Rachel had a really bad final roundtable, but I think she's likeable in person, if probably very annoying at times.

And Cirie, although I like her in general, she has had too much experience in manipulating and she's really just too good at it by now. Someone trusting like Andie just stands no chance against her. The producers choose who the original Traitors are and I just don't think they should have chosen her, it stacked the deck so much in her favour, particularly with the other two being Cody - a really obvious target - and the flaky Connor(? forgotten his name) leaving her with less scrutiny. Cirie as a faithful would have been interesting, she's have really had to play a different game.

For anyone who kind of liked this but thought it was spoiled by various situations, I can't stress enough how worthwhile watching the UK one is, if you can find it. They get a bit paranoid early on, but that goes and then they are just so interesting to watch, especially the last few episodes. They feel so much more like regular humans having regular interactions and making emotional decisions. The Australian one is good too but (hard to say without spoiling) something happens that makes it less satisfying.

For anyone who is NOT going to watch the Australian one, and is curious about the ending, this is a BIG SPOILER:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
They got down to a final three with two Traitors and one Faithful. Alex (female), a traitor, had made a real connection with Craig, or so Craig thought, an older man who seemed very paternal towards her. She'd promised the other Traitor they would banish Craig, but instead they banished Kate. So a little like the US ending, we have Craig, thinking he and this lovely young lady who needed expensive IVF, whom he cared about, could share the winnings and then of course she has to reveal to him that she lied to him all along.

The whole season is better to watch than the US one but the ending was very hard going.

Not going to spoil the UK ending because it deserves to be seen.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wherever they slept, the groups that arrived together, shared a car coming back to the castle at breakfast.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am happy for Cirie.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I am too. Altho I understand why she got Ari to "self-evict" so she could have all the money, and rationalized by saying he wasn't a traitor for the full game; I did think it was kind of a cheesy move. He wouldn't have done that to her, and he did play the FULl game, whether it was as a faithful or a traitor.

And she was so adamant about declaring she was a faithful at every turn. I did feel badly for Andi.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I had forgotten about that. I cried foul when that happened. COme on! I think that was so fake. The more I think of this show the more scripted I think it was

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Cirie didn't know that Arie was going to remove himself. She had planned to banish him, together with the 2 left, unbeknownst to Arie. Arie knew as soon as the fire turned red, what she was about to do. He couldn't say she was a Traitor so he gave Andie and Quentin the best clue he could with his speech...and they missed it.

For Cirie to say Arie didn't earn it....he managed to not get banished or murdered. Which proved to be more difficult than being a Traitor actually.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2023 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Cirie was there to win, right?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 2:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I was fine with the Cirie win, as much as I felt bad for Amdie and Quentin.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
As the show progressed , as much as I enjoy seeing reality personalities , they know how to preform fir the cameras . It takes away a lot if the spontaneity . They are trying to put in a show. I don’t like that.
I was surprised with Rachel. She was a lot less dramatic than her usual self.
Kate, so spot on in her one liners.
Brandi, don’t like her but her instincts were good .

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Finished this last night. The show started strong, but the finale was a bit lacklustre. I am happy for a Cerie win, but really they didn't seem to stand a chance against her. And Arie did a very classy move imo when he banished himself. I did feel bad for the two left who were so sure they had won. It does seem unfair to pair 'regular' people with former survivor and BB players who are masters of TV and gameplay. not a level playing field at all. But many seemed to forget the show is called Traitor! So backstabbing is to be expected!

It does seem that the way it is set up the faithfuls have almost zero chance of a win, esp when they recruit a new one when one gets banished. My only surprise was how awful Rachel was when she was banished. Not a good look to go out in a tantrum fashion rather than being a good sport. And yes, a round table after the whole game is sorely needed.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We finished watching this tonight, so I can finally come in here and see what everybody else thought. We liked that all episodes dropped at once, rather than having to wait week to week. We have trouble these days remembering what happened the week before and will often wait till all episodes have dropped before watching things.

I absolutely adore Alan Cumming! He's a fabulous actor and was a great host on this show. He's so smart and quick, and his accent is gorgeous! We loved him on both "The Good Wife" and "Prodigal Son."

It was fun watching all the players strategize, but I thought they were being stupid when they'd say, "I know you're not a Traitor!" or "[So and so] couldn't possibly be a Traitor." Why not? It's not like they'd tell you if they were.

At the end I ended up not liking Cirie. It was awful how everyone trusted her so much, and she ended up stabbing everyone in the back. Especially when she promised Arie that she'd have his back till the end, but then she betrayed him. I wondered if her win was bittersweet for her, since she had to lie to so many people she claimed were "like family" to get there. I wonder if some of them won't forgive her.

We really needed a reunion show! I wanted to know how the other players reacted to things that happened after they left. Even though it's "a game," it's got to be painful knowing that someone you trusted lied to your face.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think this game may be the most brutal. Seems like it's worse that Survivor and BB because the entire point is to be a traitor, whereas those other two games don't have to be played that way (even though they sometimes are). It would be interesting to see some post game interviews with these people. I wonder how long ago this was filmed.