TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 06, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: Archive through December 06, 2022 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
True, Lakecat. In fact I read this morning that one of the other children said the whole reason for the move to Flagstaff (which ended up destroying the family) was because Robyn's eldest son wanted to go to college there but live at home.

So they upended the lives of all the other children to bend to Robyn's will.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
i Started watching this show in the beginning and then when Cody married Robyn I stopped watching. I dont know how many years it has been but this is the first season I have watched since then. I am struck how after a gap of years I see how Christine, Janelle and Mari have grown.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 24, 2022 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, that was a pretty open secret. And ironically, I think Dayton dropped out after a short time. He's on the ASD spectrum (like my son, who's still at home at the age of 22), so leaving the nest is not as easy as it is for most neurotypical kids.

I also don't think Meri will ever leave him. She was his first wife and the one who talked him into being a polygamist in the first place. It's just sad the way he ignores and abuses her. Yes, she made a mistake, but she was feeling alone and someone gave her attention. She was starving for affection and an easy target. If Kody were truly a righteous man, he would find it in his tiny, shriveled heart to forgive her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 24, 2022 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, I believe Dayton is still going, per the article I read. And I understand wanting him to live at home, but couldn't they have chosen a university where they didn't all have to move?

I think Meri will go too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 25, 2022 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hope you're right about Meri, but she seems pretty determined to stay. I don't know why she'd want to stay with that jackass who doesn't want anything to do with her. He's a tool.

I'm glad to hear Dayton is still going, but yes, it seemed really selfish to force everyone to move just for Dayton. I felt especially bad for Gabriel, who had to leave a place where he was thriving.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, November 25, 2022 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's really sad to see Meri at best treated as an afterthought. Why she suffers through voluntarily witnessing Kody's angry rants about Christine's decision to leave, while he's cheerfully kicked her to the curb, I'll never know. Is it the tv-time? Is it stubbornness? Is it misplaced pride? She says she's optimistic things will turn around eventually, but does she really believe that?

I KNOW, I'm swimming upstream here, but, honestly, unless Robyn is a darling of the producers and getting a favourable edit, I am just not seeing the manipulative creature everyone else does. She just seems sad and depressed to me about being basically ostracized by the rest of the family.

I have no doubt Kody is besotted with her, she IS clearly the favourite, but that's HIS choice. I guess it's easier for the other wives to resent her, than to accept that the bloom has long been off the rose, where the rest of them are concerned.

Although I'm aware she's somewhat influential because he spends most of his time with her.

I suspect Janelle won't put up with his shite much longer, unless Kody smartens up where she's confcerned. It seems more of a financial practicality, her staying, with her high hopes for the property they want to build on. Even he seems lukewarm about it actually happening. That should set off alarm bells in her clever brain...

My crystal ball sees Kody eventually alone with Robyn, and then adding a few more younger wives to the mix... shrug. (Especially if he wants to stay viable on TV.)

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, November 25, 2022 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think Meri stays because she is riddled with guilt over being taken advantage of online. She should have known that he was nothing in Kody's eyes once he got her to agree to a divorce so he could legally marry Robyn. He strings Meri along by saying he cant forgive her "yet". He has used these women from day one and continues to use them. I don't believe he is as upset about Christine leaving him as he is about the fact that he will lose out on his reality show deal. That is why he keeps Janelle and Mari. They are his cash cows.

I havent seen evidence of it but I think Robyn just cant admit she made a huge mistake getting on the Kody train.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2022 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Actually Robyn has it pretty cushy these days, compared to how she lived as a single mom pre-Kody. She was divorced with three children. Now she has a big house, two more babies, a nanny to take care of the kids so she can sleep till noon and a husband who obviously adores her. I think her sad "woe is me" face is an act. And her oldest daughter is just like her.

I thought it was disgusting how Mykelti insisted that her mom should have a goodbye "party." She obviously didn't want that, and nobody else seemed to want to either. Meri just sat there like an angry Buddha. Robyn was the only one to bring her family and they just stood there scowling the whole time. It was horrible how Kody wouldn't let the younger kids hug Truely. They'll remember that. Why did he get to hug her and not the little ones? That was stupid. And then the way Christine broke down after everyone left and Janelle was the only one to comfort her. That whole gathering was an EPIC FAIL. Mykelti should be ashamed of herself.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Nanny is a relative of Robyn's.

Meri has her business and friends and podcasts and visibility.

Janelle just wants to settle on that land and set up her greenhouse, but she has done holidays with Christine in Utah.

Robyn was married to a Jessop.. Large polygamous family associated with the FLDS. she probably is better off now,u though Most just seems insufferable these days (or at time of filming)

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, November 28, 2022 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
This guy is unbelievable. He gets all the women to hold the mortgages (debt), uses their money as a collective - Janelles profits from the sale of her house went to "Help" Robyn get a mortgage. He felt entitled to tell Christine what to do with her money. Now Janelle who has no property, this guy wants her to abandon her hope of building her house, spend the money on a house the ex left and ultimately rent that same house out so they could all enjoy. When she refuses he throws another spanner into her dream, that she cant build until they determine how all the land is divided up. On camera he says he isnt lifting a finger for her. He can't love someone he cant trust.

He is such a disgusting person. Boy, when things don't go exactly how the lord of the manor demands........

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 29, 2022 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maris, I totally agree with you. Kody is looking like a total tool this season -- worse than normal!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2022 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hard to believe after the toolishness of recent seasons, but he is worse and worse.

And could be even worse off camera...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, November 29, 2022 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Agreed. 100%

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, November 29, 2022 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
It is so weird because I watched this show for the first few seasons and I stopped watching it when he married Robyn, I lost interest. So I dont know how many years ago I stopped watching but I picked it up this season out of boredom. My opinion of all these people has changed from when I first watched to how I see them this season.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The thing about plural marriage is that the husband is only there a couple of nights a week, if that, cause he's "visiting" his other wive. They're alone the rest of the time. It's no wonder they're so independent. They're all basically single moms.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think their relationships worked much better when they all lived in the same space but once the women got a taste of living in their own space they realized that they were happier living alone. And that Kody is a complete tool.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Roxip you may very well have a point. I am betting that Robyn may not be so happy that she has him all the time.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I’d watched the first season or two, then stopped & picked it up again for the “covid season”. I decided to start from the beginning and see when things changed with Christine.
Kody was more pleasant & fun the first couple seasons. Then he started demanding, not asking. ‘We’re moving to Vegas, no questions, we’re moving.’ (Yes they were fleeing persecution but moving around a lot is Kody’s M.O.) The family living so far apart in rentals had to take a toll on the family dynamic. The wives were forced to be more independent & not as dependent & emotionally close as when they lived together. Then the cul de sac seemed like an almost perfect arrangement. The wives had their independence but the family was emotionally closer. The kids could be siblings again, seeing each other, hanging out, playing. Then Kody says, ‘we’re moving again but I don’t know where, but we are moving!’ Kinda irresponsible, imo. You’ve got to move 20+ people but you have no idea where? Crazy! So you find a place, buy land with the intention to build homes, and it’s how many years later and you’ve done nothing with that property to get it ready for construction? And Kody keeps throwing up roadblocks as to why Janelle can’t build on it? Yes. I get that the land isn’t completely paid off, but dang! I watch HGTV & they build a home in a half hour lol. I get Janelle wanting to be on the land because it she sees it like out of sight, out of mind.
I can see the physical change over the years in Kody as well. His eyes are beadier, he’s always scowling, & just a miserable pile of human excrement in a human suit. And would someone tell him his hair is hideous? Or are they afraid to? God help them if they think it looks good. lol
It seems to me, being the armchair therapist that I am lol, that it’s not Christine leaving him that has him so angry, it’s “how dare anyone leave me? I tell them to leave! I’ve tried to get Meri to leave & she won’t, so how dare Christine?” The whole “you’ve treated Robyn like dirt from day one!” Uh, no. Maybe you should rewatch prior seasons.
And Robyn’s niece Mindy, who is shown with the fam in other seasons, is the freaking nanny? 🤦‍♀️
Christine, Godspeed. Find your happiness & I wish you the best.
Janelle, go on take the money and run. Previews look like he’s done with you, too.
May Meri & Robyn enjoy their lives Kody. Ladies, be careful what you wish for.
Sorry for the long rant.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think the problem with building is that they have to pay the land off, so they can subdivide into individual home plots?

On all the rest I agree. When they bought all those homes in the cul de sac, they had issues, but those issues completely fractured them when they all moved to Flagstaff.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I also thought their Cul de Sac was the perfect solution. Stupid of them to move. What a train-wreck.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kar, yes. The land must be paid off before they can subdivide, so they cannot make money by subdividing to help pay it off.

Bluejax, about the move to Vegas, Meri has mentioned that they had moved a lot prior to that. It was kind of their way, but those moves were all prior to the tv show which started with them in that one house, then Robyn had her own house after she joined them.

At one point earlier they were jammed into a mobilhome. But Kody never stayed in one place for long.

I thought the culdesac was ideal for the kids and it still gave the wives some distance..

If they had held on there a bit longer, housing prices really soared and they would have been much better off, financially, anyway.

Yes, Kody has developed beady eyes..

Also things are uneven.. Robyn and Christine bought homes, Janelle rented, Meri rented and then was bullied out of that neighborhood, and then later had to move when her rental sold. She does say she is ok renting and she does have the B&B, though sadly her mom, who was loving running the B&B, suddenly died.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
It is so interesting that Cody is now playing the I don't know if this is working to Janelle. She has nothing, no property in her name, no legal marriage and Cody could kick her to the curb. The only problem is that they get paid between 20 and 40K per episode to split between them so I can't understand why they don't have money to pay the land off. Doesn't make sense. Where is all the money going? Why isn't Janelle asking those questions?

Cody and his whole COVID behaviour nauseated me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
When they lived in close quarters they may have had issues (it does seem that they did...besides, who wouldn't have issues with that many people living together) but they had to actually negotiate solutions to them.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Janelle is by far the smartest of them all (and my favourite) especially busineswise. How did she end up with the short end of the financial stick?
Why is Cody imploding on Janelle? So crude and rude and DELIBERATELY hurtful to the mother of several of his children. Seems to me, it wouldn't take much for her to lawyer-up, and kick Cody to the curb. Not sure if she has a legal leg to stand on, though. I just hope so for her sake. I also think Meri might finally follow not long after.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2022 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
... And the Covid thing... saying that it must have come home from school with Brianna.. even tho she had always been masked up... (At least they didn't blame Truly and her visit) and I realize that things are shown out of order.. but since Gabe said this happened in October (was Oct 2021) .. I seem to remember a few pics of Robin and Kody out shopping in Mesa AZ .. or even the trip he took to "Officiate" that wedding around the same time.... (All unmasked) .. or his vendor gun sales throughout the states... ahem.. but yeah go ahead and "blame" the daughter.. how must she feel if she knows they did that??? Seeing as her mom got the worst case of all of them...

As far as Janelle .. she pegged it in her interview... and he was really trying to say "It's me or the Kids" knowing she would choose kids so he could blame her for everything.. typical narcissist.