TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 26, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Alone - on the History Channel: Archive through May 26, 2022 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 11, 2020 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree that most are very respectful of the animals.

I am amazed at some of the shelters.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 11, 2020 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm also amazed at the guy who doesn't have his shelter built a month in....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes! That one guy is way behind.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 16, 2020 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
54+ days in the arctic and 2 women and 1 man left. who'd a thunk it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 16, 2020 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
😝

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 17, 2020 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Sorry are you behind in episodes? Did I give it away? Well there is a 3 hour finale Thursday

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, June 01, 2021 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Season 8!!!!!!

Starts this Thursday, June 3rd.
they put them with the Grizzlies this time I guess cold was not hard enough.

here is the participants list of items.
stuff

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 01, 2021 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up..

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, August 04, 2021 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Is Alone over?!!! I haven't seen an episode in weeks. I have been busy so maybe I somehow did miss the ending??

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 04, 2021 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It is on tomorrow. I think they had a special on last week.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 05, 2021 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I sort of panicked seeing that there was an update on the thread, but.. Tonight a show will record while I am Big Brothering..

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, August 07, 2021 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Yes! A new episode aired! They are all really trying with those 'Gill Nets'. So happy for the guy with the boat who finally got 2 fish! He is withering away to nothing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 07, 2021 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's been a tough year, with so many restrictions on hunting and fishing. They can't even hunt mice!

I was hoping for a Biko win, but he has no food to speak of, neither does Theresa.

That leaves Clay and Colter, and Colter's gill net (actually his "boat") may just be the thing that makes him win.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Sad when people are removed for their health. Was not surprised by last health check. Deer guy didn't even look skinny, no ribs showing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 20, 2021 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Finale was last night, I was happy with the winner, well deserved.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, August 21, 2021 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed that his wife and kids weren't there to surprise him. It felt very anti-climactic. That moment when their loved ones appear to let the player know that he was the last one standing has always been my favorite part of the show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 21, 2021 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think because of Covid, they didn't want families to travel?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, August 22, 2021 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm sure they had a good reason for it....I didn't think they did it just to disappoint me! :-)

...But it was still disappointing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 22, 2021 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree... I love the family reunion at the end!

Clay has a youtube channel, and he has posted his thoughts on all the episodes, it's really worth watching. I liked his deep philosophical bent.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 22, 2021 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well the only problem with the family being there is that sometimes they have to keep them out there more days for the family to fly in. I think it was only once where the winner was gaining wait at the end and that was not an extreme weather, he had regular veggies and crabs and fish for every day. I think it was Dave? They were trying to paint him as starving, but it came out in his exit interview that he was thriving.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 23, 2021 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, that's a good point too Sadies, altho Clay was sure he could last another 15 days (to 90 days). He was at 74-75 days when he won, I think.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 23, 2021 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
weight not wait!!! I can too spell!! just not all the time.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, August 24, 2021 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
How come the weather seemed more severe for some of them than others. Like it never looked like it snowed for Clay. Was it just luck in placement? I think that is a big thing, are you lucky where they put you with regards to finding food and being able to set up your lodging.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 2:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Perhaps he only filmed in better weather.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
New Alone. TONIGHT

Canada. Polar bear country!

Reminds of a special I saw 20 years ago. Man decided to have a pig farm in Churchill, Canada. They said polar bears returned there for many years looking for more.