TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 18, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: Archive through January 18, 2022 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that was the thing I hated watched, how some of the wives just didn't care about it at all, and then complained that Cody was trying not to get the whole family sick. Isn't that what a dad is supposed to do?

I'm no Cody fan, he's been awful the last two seasons... but he got that right at least.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kody did have that right. Janelle and Christine acted as if COVID was something being done TO them.. and in their case, by Kody.

Hunter and brother should have been told to stay home and not mingle or find someplace else to live.

Janelle was no more special than anyone else with a child/grandkids at a distance, but she was special.

I get why Christine wanted her daughter to get that surgery, I do.. and that might have been worth a trip if it was EXTREMELY carefully done, but again, an awful lot of surgeries were being postponed, for a reason.

Remember, this was filmed before there were vaccines.

Had they been able to isolate, like a lot of us were, they could have had a rather nice little community to isolate with.

But Janelle has always said she really gets ready for Kody to leave after 2-3 days and maybe she was just as happy to only see him outside in fresh air.

So Kody had the right idea, but I suspect that to them this just seemed like one more time he was going to get his way and rebelled (at the wrong time, or could have been the wrong time).

And then there was his mishandling of land division and the total breakdown of communication.

Dysfunction... that is the Browns..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 28, 2021 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sister Wives' Christine Brown Feels "Blessed" During First Thanksgiving After Kody Split

https://www.eonline.com/news/1311231/sister-wives-christine-brown-feels-blessed-during-first-thanksgiving-after-kody-split

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, November 29, 2021 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So Robyn is getting exactly what she wanted all along. Who will bring in money for all of her kids now?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 29, 2021 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I read somewhere that Cody and Christine are coparenting, so I guess he's continuing whatever financial arrangements are already in place.

And while I agree Cody is primarily influenced by Robyn, I don't see her as the the evil queen bee. Cody seems to respect her AND Janelle both, a bit more than the other 2 wives. As for sex, evidently Robyn is the only one he seems interested in. Again, that's HIS choice. Christine is the only one who seems to care. Meri and Janelle, seem content.

While it's lovely how much he loves his adopted kids from Robyn so much, he seems to have checked out somewhat from his other kids with his other wives. Which is weird IMHO.

As for not going with Christine and their daughter for her surgery, especially that early into the pandemic, hospitals weren't letting both parents, if any, into the hospital.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 29, 2021 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think Meri is content, but she is resigned.

Watching a show last night that was filmed about a year ago and Janelle's sons, along with Christine AND Janelle, were just fighting reality in terms of COVID. Frustrating to hear them, really.

Funny, because I really never agree with Kody, except about COVID.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 29, 2021 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
One of the most frustrating parts of the pandemic for me is how large the arc is with some folks lackadaisical and some folks extremely strict. I lean towards strict, but the breadth of individual choices is scary. Ignorant people will be the death of us, as they continue this never-ending medical nightmare.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Someone in the family said everyone in the family was on a different page concerning Covid, just like the country. I’m thinking Cody is using it as a convienent excuse to shirk his duties.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wanted to add that Janelles son with the long hair seems to have Kody and Robyns number. He knows who rules that big polygamy roost.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think Meri is content, but she is resigned.

In this last episode, Meri seemed desperate for any crumbs Kody throws her way. She gets so excited when he comes over just to talk to her. It's sad really. She was the first wife and they married for love. She was the one who wanted to live plural marriage and talked him into it. I wonder if she's ever regretted that decision.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No doubt she does. He’s told her in no uncertain terms that he does not want a romantic relationship with her. Her daughter and her spouse are in Utah, she should move up there near Christine.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 02, 2021 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think that. Robyn and her kids followed the rules. Kody followed the rules. Meri followed the rules.

Christine just couldn't and said she did go to Janelle's and they all mixed.

Janelle was passive with her sons, though she told, I think Hunter, that he had to stop coming into the house but live in a separate apartment she has at her home. Hunter and brother were just so immature and all like if they got COVID it would somehow prove Kody wrong if they lived. They undoubtedly did not know about long COVID at that time (but people did know at that time)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 07, 2021 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's an interesting twist: Mariah's girlfriend Audrey has come out as transgender! I'll bet Kody's having an aneurism over this new turn of events. I wish both of them (Mariah and Audrey) well!

https://allaboutthetea.com/2021/12/07/sister-wives-mariah-browns-girlfriend-audrey-reveals-shes-transgender/

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, December 07, 2021 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Over the weekend, I saw this show for the first time in a number of years…. All I have to say is that they all appear to have gotten makeovers. Lots of makeup and good hair… even Cody’s hair looks like a beautician did it. He used to have a more ‘uncontrolled’ hair style. Now, it appears that he uses product.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 07, 2021 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kody did handle Mariah being gay, so he will just have to deal if Audrey says they are transgender. Will he honor the pronouns? to be seen.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, December 26, 2021 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m thinking he won’t care, not bc he’s accepting of Audrey but because it doesn’t involve him or Robin. He only cares about the two of them. Seriously not being with your daughter for major surgery? Really? At the very least he could have quarantined with Christine and Isabell for a few weeks to help with her recovery once they got home.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 26, 2021 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Christine was not willing to quarantine. After surgery and some recovery, she and Ysabel had unmasked meetups with other of the older siblings back east.I

She is better off out of there, but sounds bitter.

Posted pics with new grandbaby recently.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sightings of he and Robin at the mall maskless and he at a gun show maskless. He’s like many others, he selectively chooses when it’s important to wear a mask.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here is a more detailed article... they did ask that people stay "socially distanced" from them, but still not wearing masks is a bad idea.

Kody already had a bout of Covid, but I'm not clear when.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/kody-brown-and-wife-robyn-spotted-at-victorias-secret-without-face-masks-despite-kodys-strict-covid-19-rules/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But remember that the show was filmed before vaccine, not this Christmas. It was funny in the last show when he had the rule about sanitizing mail and packages and anything delivered and I remember doing that for a time. I remember stopping when we realized that airborn was the main vector. And later someone asked Dr Fauci about mail and he laughed and said that yes originally they were spraying mail and letting it sit and they had stopped doing that.

But since Kody has been so outspoken and recording being so outspoken and in light of Omicron, yes, bad decision to go anywhere without a mask.

Gun show, well I imagine that is a venue where wearing a mask could cause problems.

And with Robyn at Victoria's Secret probably is not their best look considering all the problems in their family.

Off to read the article at that link.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Interesting that he says there is no shopping in Flagstaff and drove 2 hours to Victoria's Secret (when I bet they could order online) because he seemed to expect all the kids to come back to live there (which is not happening) but it doesn't sound young adult friendly.

I agree with one comment that he wanted to be recognized. I am betting that he thinks having had COVID means he didn't need vaccination.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Unless they closed because of Covid .. there is a Victoria's Secret in the Flagstaff Mall... (I looked it up..)

My son went to NAU - we were up there many times - there is a lot to do and there are shopping malls. My son wants to move back up there - but can't afford it.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
So I looked further - Victoria's Secret is no longer in Flagstaff - Guess they had to go down to Scottsdale (which is in Maricopa County and the HOT SPOT of Covid for Arizona because it's the most populated county)...

A little background -

Since I live in Pima County/Tucson Az (2nd largest populated county).. I have been tracking Pima County numbers since 3/1/2020 when we had 5 cases (as of the 10th we are now on our 186,609th case)...

I began to track the daily State numbers along with Maricopa county in October 2020 - I didn't start tracking the other counties until late August 2021 when the numbers looked like they were building...Coconino County of which Flagstaff is part of has a population of 146,000ish and it looks like the cases were averaging 50 or less a day...this is after the filming of the current season....numbers have grown since - and numbers are skyrocketing with the omicron variant (65.8% of Coconino's population are vaccinated with at least one dose.) As of yesterday the county had had 30,954 cases (also remember that NAU with students from all over are part of this number)..

I guess my point is that when this season was filmed - the counties that had the most to be wary of was Maricopa and Pima .. So Janelle and Christine were doing what the CDC guidance was saying (and this was mostly the National CDC because our governor was really coming out with stuff to quash even basic guidelines - like removing mask mandates)

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Tuesday, January 18, 2022 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
The preview for next episode shows Cody in Christine's garage and finding boxes with his name on them .. "Cody's Books.. Cody's clothes" .. and in the preview he looks so confused .. but this was after he told Christine he no longer wanted an intimate relationship with her...

I wouldn't have boxed them up .. I would have burned them .. (or donated everything to a local shelter...)

So from what it seems.. he only wants to be friends with Meri (he's told her so.. ) .. and that is what it looks like with Christine .. (now this was a year prior and we all know what happened in Nov 2021) and he and Janelle have basically said they have a friendship type relationship for years...so what does that imply about his plural marriages?

Here is my prediction:

I know Christine moved to Utah and Cody and Robin got a loan to buy her part of Coyote Pass (2 acres).. He and Robin have another 4 acres.. Janelle has 4 and Meri has 2...

I bet Janelle builds a smaller house on her 4 acres .. and two large green houses and lives happily there gardening and things..

Meri will build a small house and a "Casita" for her LLR business and be happy as well..

Cody and Robin will go bankrupt (again) and default on their loans (They have several as I understand - for the house and the properties .. remember Cody has the pond property..) and the land will be resold to pay their bills.. they will default on their home as well and end up living elsewhere.. all the while asking for $$$$ from Meri and Janelle...(Hopefully that money train has stopped...)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 18, 2022 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meri's birthday was this week and Mariah and Audrey posted a really sweet insta about her.. So it seems that she has their support. ANd friends

The whole thing is a mess.

Kody wasn't wrong about COVID but he is a nightmare for everyone and almost childish in his petulant demands to be in charge. Garrison was right.. let's talk about this, your shouting is not helping with communication.