TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 10, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Alone - on the History Channel: Archive through July 10, 2020 users admin

Deriv

08-07-2017

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deriv a private message Print Post    
does nobody know anything about projectiles and probability? that gut hit on the moose missed his mark by nearly 3 ft. So it was pure luck, and could just as easily have passed under/over or in front of the moose. He didn't know to bring the 3 lb block of salt, so only luck and cold weather kept that meat from rotting.

Deriv

08-07-2017

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deriv a private message Print Post    
the men have to go save their day jobs. The women dont. So they can hang on and hope that everyone else gets sick/hurt.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, that was a pretty sexist remark. Not all the women have men supporting them.

Woniya is single and self supporting.
Nikki is a wilderness guide and self supporting.
Michelle is married and has a young son, and helps support the family.

Deriv

08-07-2017

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deriv a private message Print Post    
uh huh. So they say. They may have such things going for them. I should give them half of the benefit of the doubt, I guess. I applaud them for not having kids, at the least.

Deriv

08-07-2017

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deriv a private message Print Post    
WHY would anyone spend 8 hours moving 400 or so lbs of meat to camp, which is less than a mile away, instead of using 2 hours or less to move their camp to the meat? Why would you COUNT upon arrowing a moose, and not bring the 3 lb block of salt as one of your 10 items.

Deriv

08-07-2017

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deriv a private message Print Post    
why not bury the meat, in a hunk of tarp? that will help preserve it, since the earth is cooler. Ditto cutting it into 1" strips. Build 3 fires around it, move the gutpile head and feet 50m away, to draw the predators away from the fires/meat. Hang the skin in a tree, but you'll probably be unable to utilize it, cause you'll have to bust your ass to save the meat, unless you get lucky with cold weather (which he did). But there's no way you can know about the cold timing, so it's stupid to not bring the salt. and dip all the strips of meat in the brine.

Deriv

08-07-2017

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deriv a private message Print Post    
if you go a month without any food, the odds are very high that you'll be unable to use your bow to take a big critter. You've simply got to be using the treblehooks for fish, fowl, and mammals, wire snares and netting boxtraps for small game, seine, net duck trap, baited net weir, and seine, so that you can maintain your strength as you make the cable snares that will hook a big critter to a drag log, so that you've got a chance of arrowing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 02, 2019 - 1:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
what an impressive show today!!! Who knew that Moose was so lean, In that climate you would think it would need more fat, I guess bear would be a better meal as they store all that fat before hibernating.

I am amazed that Nikki is still there with all her injuries, especially the squirrel bite

I am surprised that Michelle survived her medical check up the other day. It seems like something that should not come on suddenly.

And the two guys fantasizing about their wives coming, cracked me up there were still 6 people out then. not just a few, I think that people are surviving longer this time, and with rabbits being lean, I wonder who they are not losing weight.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Yah, I too was surprised about the moose meat being so lean. I was thinking he was all set with having killed the moose.

I too was wondering if she was so sick, how could it have been overlooked when they did the health checks?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder what is on the forbidden list besides the foxes?

Geese are very fatty.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have not seen geese there, may be too cold or because they are all hanging out in my park. They don't even seem to leave in the winter anymore.

I think Jordan would have been good if the wolverine had not stolen most of the fat store. perhaps he should have broken it up indifferent locations. He posted on Reddit the other day and said the reason he didn't hang all the meat in trees was watching the birds sitting there picking it all day. He said once he build the tall storage, and covered it with think layer of boughs that the food store was safe from all. Nikki posts there as well despite some posters insulting her as clumsy and accident prone.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the Facebook page is driving me crazy... it's all Jordan all the time, as if no one else is there!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We have a lot of the geese here, too.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Nikki was interesting on Reddit, she was talking about how she could not find greens , there were only scraps when she got there, and that was the whole thing about eating rabbit's pre-eaten food. She was drinking fir tea but still felt a need for more non-meat food.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 05, 2019 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
here is an interesting article on Nikki that surely will convince you she is loony.
Alone, living AND loving it: B.C. woman set to survive the longest in new season of TV hit

she apparently is used to taking care of her own injuries.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
sad about Nikki. Her body was so skeletal, and she was not getting enough to eat, but I think she had the loneliness conquered in her own morbid way with the rabbit puppets. stuffed animals and mask.

In some ways she was coping better than the others, too bad she could not get enough to eat.

the over night ice was sudden and effective. I was surprised that the guy resisted melting snow for so long, is snow different in taste than lake water? the next show seems pretty painful, if there are 11 shows, I wonder if they are going to reunite them?

the last 2 shows in spoiler
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Thin IceNEW(Season 6, Episode 10)
HIST
Each survivalist's grit and resourcefulness is tested by the unrelenting cold, causing one survivalist to hit their breaking point much sooner than expected.
Fire and Ice(Season 6, Episode 11)
HIST
The final three survivalists continue to battle weight loss, extreme temperatures, and predators to remain in the fight for the $500,000 prize. The punishing cold makes getting food harder than ever before and a devastating catastrophe causes one participa (more…)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
what a great season. freezing cold food gone and there are 3 people left at day 70. that is more than over half the seasons in less forgiving areas. the warm season in Patagonia they stayed 87 days and when they had two on the show they stayed 75, but every other seasons ended in the 60's , this is one tough bunch.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 26, 2019 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I agree great season. I am glad the woniya quit when she did. Jordan was settling in and not about to leave so why struggle on. Seems like the left him out there two more days.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 30, 2019 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
before and after pictures of Winoya https://i.imgur.com/NwbWPaz.png

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, July 08, 2020 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching this season where there are 10 who have to survive 100 days for One Million Dollars?

I just got caught up on them, they are about 4 episodes in now but I watched them through my cable company On Demand. Now I will record the rest.

The guy who left last night from eating a squirrel and getting very ill; can't believe he tattooed himself! Plus he originally put 25 dots to indicate days on his leg and left at 22 days!

I like how at the end of each episode they talk to the Aloner's about the episode. They asked him about his tattoo and he said as it was shallow, he was able to rub it off.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2020 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I had to stop watching this show last year. I originally enjoyed it, but last season it seemed to be all about killing things. Couldn't stomach that part.

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Wednesday, July 08, 2020 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
We are watching it Miz. Some years are better than others, but I also enjoy watching the "after show" with Colby...….

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2020 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have been watching

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I watch it on recording, so I can FF through the animal kills.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, July 10, 2020 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I find the animal kills strangely repectful. They thank the animal no matter the size.Of course the gutting of them is interesting and they use of the various organs, some of the guys thrwo out food or possible bait.