TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 20, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: Archive through April 20, 2021 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It seems like Kody has either become more bitter and self-centered over time, or in the early seasons he was just more careful about how he was on camera. Hard to tell. In the beginning, he seemed so much more thoughtful toward all of his wives. Now? Not so much.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And they just have the same issues season to season recently.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah. Their housing issues on the purchased land in Flagstaff are boring. Not sure but don't think they have architectural plans, never mind started construction yet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He has plans but made them without consulting others.

Every season they get together for a meal, discuss how they never see each other, that Christine is jealous, Janelle feels alone, Meri wants more, Kody does not and Robyn just relies on Heavenly Father.

And Kody is stressed.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yup. Excellent summation.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I seriously think they should build the big house together. They would each have their own separate apartment and wouldn't have to see each other, but the kids would be together and they would only be paying one mortgage, rather than four. Christine needs to get over herself. She's the one who signed up for plural marriage. If she didn't want to see her husband's other wives, she should have stuck with monogamy. And she could still live in Utah.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That house would be hard to sell, hard to inherit. I guess it could be a resort with shared central area.

But building a giant home with 4-5 kitchens, 8 or more bathrooms, is a lot. Lots of plumbing. I would hope they would opt for solar and or wind power.

Frankly, I think they should have slapped four or five manufactured homes on the land asap, as now they have spent a ton on rent and as of filming of the recent show, took on a second mortgage for Robyn. Already had one for Christine.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 27, 2021 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's a great idea about the manufactured homes, Sea. They have come a long ways since the trailer park days. Some of them are really nice. I wouldn't have one in areas with tornado danger, but Flagstaff would be good. That would have saved them a lot of money, and the kids would still be together.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, February 27, 2021 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think the could build a four plex or two duplexes. Someone with elderly parents would buy the homes after The Browns are done.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, April 16, 2021 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Peeked in on an episode today and have to say that I am not too surprised by how things appear. Covid and quarantine brought out many truths. When push comes to shove, Cody only cares about Cody.

The blatantly favorite wife has a large beautiful house and yet still walks around looking miserable and seems to have passed on the self-pity gene to her young ones.

Christine seems to still not understand that she is not the favorite. Or she just doesn't understand what a husband needs - according to the martyr Robin.

Janelle is truly treated the worst. Her sons are not idiots and they see it. That will come back to haunt Cody.

Bravo to Mariah for not sticking around to see her father. Cody better get ready for more that type of treatment.

This show has become a PSA warning for women about the truth of plural marriage.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Saturday, April 17, 2021 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Things seem to start going downhill with the addition of Robin.

I think Mary introduced the idea of having a fourth wife. She gave Cody Robin because she couldn’t give him a baby.

I think she believed that she would be getting a best friend for herself. The other wives were closer to each other because they kept having babies.

What Mary did know is that Cody would make Robin his obvious favorite, treating her better than the others and eventually divorcing her to marry Robin.

I think both Mary and Christine will leave him.
Janell will always stay no matter how Cody treats her.
Robin wants another baby and will be glad she came out the “winner”.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 17, 2021 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meri not Mary...

I guess I have missed some new shows.

Meri's mother recently passed away, suddenly and unexpectedly. Keri is having a hard time with this.

Christine has a grandbaby from the daughter who married Tony. She posted a picture of herself holding the baby in one arm while stirring a lot on the stove. All I could think was is this really wise. But she seems super happy.

All the above from Instagram.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Saturday, April 17, 2021 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Yah I knew that her name was Meri but sometimes my fingers down type what my brain says. So sorry.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 17, 2021 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well it happens to a lot of typers, so you are not alone! Our brains and fingers have their own set of spellcheck and autocorrect. At least mine does.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
yep

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Kody in the most recent show - total (cant use the word I want). I hope all his children shun him.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Can’t wait to watch. I’m out of town.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I could have strangled Kody when Christine was telling him that their daughter was in pain and needed to have the surgery, and he responded, "Can you wait six months?" Ay yi yi. They weren't even doing elective surgery during that time, so her doctor must have considered it serious enough to move ahead with surgery. And then he suggested that his 18 year old daughter could fly across the country and go into surgery by herself. What a bonehead! He wasn't listening to Christine at all.

But then she's not a good listener either. When she and Kody had the talk about her wanting to move back to Utah, somehow she thought he agreed with her. (Huh? Did anybody else hear that? Me neither.) Then she was "disappointed" that he didn't support her when they met with the other wives. I usually like Christine, but I thought she was on another planet with the moving back to Utah thing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kody seems to have become a very miserable, unhappy person, and is taking it out on all of his family. I'm confused - does he like any of his wives???

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don’t blame him, the whole situation must be exhausting for everyone.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't blame him, but I do hold him accountable. He chose this. You can be nasty and whiny about it, or you can figure it out and try to fix it.

But I think the wives never really developed that much of a "sister" relationship, or they've let it die over the years and all become so independent. I'm not sure the "fix" is that all four stay "married" to him. Frankly, I'm not sure why Meri stays, he treats her so awfully!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meri really believes in the whole package. She has defended sticking it out on Instagram.

Currently she is hurting a lot after the sudden unexpected loss of her mother.

Kody is definitely emitting negative vibes right and left! He seems miserable and that pre-dated the pandemic.

In terms of the pandemic, I come down on the side of Kody and Robyn (cannot stand either one, but they at least seemed to get the idea that this was not the time to ignore science and put others at risk.

Christine is almost unbearable to watch.

Yes, Kody sounded cold about the proposed surgery, though I never once heard that a doctor had offered to do that surgery at that point in the pandemic in New Jersey!!

But Christine was consistently choosing to see defying logic as standing up for her rights. And she has passed that along to her kids in terms of attitude

Janelle seemed so passive with her boys.. Whatever they want.. Come and go, hang out with girlfriends...

As Robyn pointed out, she and two of her kids have had or have upper respiratory issues, which put them at risk. She didn't name names when she said others in the family are higher risk. I imagine that she meant Janelle.

I was super surprised that they seemed to Not be using zoom more for the whole family.

And having that land was working for socially distanced gathering of adults but gosh, it had to be so formal!

Meet weekly and just catch up on day to day stuff.

This is simply not a happy group.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Is the season over already?

Kody is so immature. Hard to believe he's the head of a family with 4 wives 18 children, and 3 grandchildren. He's shown over the years he is capable of common sense and kindness, but he's clearly going through some midlife crisis... at everyone else's expense right now.

He was so abrupt, unnecessarily harsh, and irresponsible about his poor daughter who is in agony with her scoliosis. IMO. I was furious.

Also I don't understand why they don't get together for family events like Birthdays and Graduations, at Coyote Pass, which is a HUGE property (and social distance of course) as a complete family. I'd exclude the older ones who aren't in the bubble though, Garrison, Hunter, etc.

Kody was initially right about one thing, for sure. Build one huge family structure, (but with a smaller one nearby for Christine's brood).

And a guest house nearby too. (Hunter and Garrison could stay there.)

If they had built it already, they wouldn't be in this mess right now. Kody abdicated emotionally the moment his grand plan was shot down and hasn't been able to regroup the families (family!) or his negative attitude. As a result, they should never have moved from Vegas. Most of the wives were against it.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I am furious watching the conversation about Ysabel and her surgery for scoliosis. (I was mad that they didn’t let her have this surgery when she was first diagnosed and her curve was pretty significant then) My daughter has scoliosis, and had surgery almost 20 years ago...her curve was at 56 and she was only 14. This was a major surgery, and no way is this something anyone should go through alone! What is wrong with Kody? Does anyone know if Ysabel had this surgery? I don’t follow Christine on Instagram, so I’m curious. She would’ve had this done last year in September. I really hope she’s had this surgery by now. My daughter is so thankful she had that surgery. I have a few friends that have scoliosis and never had surgery...it wasn’t really that bad when they were younger, but now they are in pain every day.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(((Ranger and daughter))) so glad it worked out well for your daughter.