TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 11, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Deadliest Catch: Archive through July 11, 2019 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
the captain of the Brenna A.

Yes, he's a sweetheart & mature FAR beyond his age!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was just reading that the Time Bandit won't have cameras on it this season, but Josh and the Cornelia Marie are back, along with Northwestern, Brenna A, Saga, Summer Bay, and Wizard.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wonder why...is it because without any of the elder Hilstrands there is nothing really interesting to see?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ok, Got the premiere dates.

April 3rd there is some kind of new Captains' special, and a recap of John Hillstrand's career.

And then the next week, the season 14 premiere is April 10.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm going to miss the Time Bandit.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well crap. He was one of my favorites up until I read this...

http://www.khq.com/story/38658701/deadliest-catch-co-star-pleads-guilty-to-sexual-assault

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh dear. I liked him too. Not now.

Did anyone else watch last night? Who went overboard?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch the show but watched most of The Bait. It was a member of Wild Bill's crew. He was really shook up about it. He said the young man's parents had been friends of his for years and that he had held the boy when he was a baby. I assume he survived or we would have heard otherwise (although I can't be sure...it wasn't stated on The Bait).

There was a funny segment where Sig, Jake Anderson and Matt (Sig's crewman) were showing how easy it was to get pulled overboard by getting your foot caught in the byte (I think that's what it is called and hopefully close in the spelling). They had a dummy attached and it flew overboard - and then Matt for some reason kind of did a jig and his foot got caught in the byte and he almost went overboard (they were in the harbor by the way). Oh, I'm pretty sure Matt will never live that down!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
And we still don't know about the man overboard on the Summer Bay...it was the last scene of the show last night where he goes overboard. Tune in next week!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm assuming if it had ended badly, we would have seen it on the news somewhere long before the season aired.

Still, scary, scary stuff!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 17, 2018 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wild Bill's crew worked together .. One grabbed the life ring, they threw it to the guy who went over, another three the book to grab the uneven the life ring and they hauled him up. He survived. Bill praised all of them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Returning..

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/deadliest-catch-2019-release-date-when-will-show-return-with-new-episodes-for-season-15/

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised they are bringing back Edgar.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Deadliest Catch is back tonight.

Tonight is a special episode. The listings say the captains arrive at Dutch Harbor days early to do some prep work for the season, and to face each other about unfinished business from last season.

….and then next Tuesday, the 9th, is the actual premiere of season 15.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Spectrum just has Unfinished Business On Demand.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 1:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/zac-mcfarlane-death-deadliest-catch-cinematographer-remembered/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/deadliest-catch-exclusive-sig-hansen-and-jake-anderson-on-health-battles-following-your-heart-and-steve-harley-davidson/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/deadliest-catch-exclusive-interview-keith-colburn-on-brother-monte-and-why-his-boat-is-bigger-than-yours/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 02, 2019 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I highly recommend the show that aired tonight, titled The Mystery of the F/V Destination.

Punch-in-the-Gut Reality.

I cannot imagine not shedding tears..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Did the show ever address why Edgar isn't on this season? I kind of binge watched this season yesterday but because I was behind some of my episodes got deleted...so I was just wondering.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not sure, but remember, Edgar had a seizure in the engine room.

In this episode about the FV Destination, which went down with no Mayday, though an epirb went off. That happened in 2017 and a very long investigation ensued.

The theory was that the boat rolled over, stacked with pots and ice. All the captain's said if someone was in the captain seat and awake, the mayday is super quick to do, but there are many reasons why they may leave briefly.

Sig pointed out that if Edgar had been driving but had to check in the engine room, then had the seizure, there would be no mayday.

And he mentioned that had they not been at the dock and with others around, Edgar would probably have died.

Ah.. More info..

He was on the boat, but not in the shiw, probably due to a sexual assault..

This article is of interest

https://www.distractify.com/p/where-is-edgar-deadliest-catch

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It was Neal Hansen who had the seizure (or at least that's what I heard last night - that is one of the episodes that got deleted). I think I heard Sig say that he had suffered a head injury in the engine room and then had seizures afterward. I haven't watched the FV Destination show but I believe it is recorded. I'll have to have another Deadliest Catch binge session!

I also just read the Mandy suffered a miscarriage while she was skippering the Northwestern.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh that is sad for Mandy.

The Destination episode is worth watching, sobering, but the captains 're evaluated their own vessels.

Seems that each is rated to carry a certain load, but replacement lots and equipment can change the numbers. Sig had added the new crane..

Thanks for the correction.. So not the seizure, I guess Edgar is not being paid or featured now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/deadliest-catchs-sig-hansen-gets-shocking-cancer-news-from-wife-june/

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What sad news about Sig's wife (and I didn't realize Mandy was his stepdaughter?).

I watched the Destination episode last night. It was really a very good insider's look at what happens on a crab boat and how seriously they are now taking their safety.