TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 15, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 28: Archive through July 15, 2020 users admin

Dlkuhn4

07-13-2002

Tuesday, December 03, 2019 - 2:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
She couldn't do it with all the traveling! I'm sure it was her giving advice while in the LA house. The whole him asking her to stay is probably voice over.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
While we don't know when it'll actually air, they've named the first celeb for next seasons DWTS- Kaitlyn Bristowe, formerly of The Bachelorette (and she's wanted to do this for a while- she was offered it a few years back, but was blocked for some reason)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kaitlyn's mom should have named her Sydney!

Jimmer will get that reference

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is a good name.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
:-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Tom Bergeron AND Erin Andrews leave DWTS as the show goes in a "new creative direction"

https://tvline.com/2020/07/13/dancing-with-the-stars-tom-bergeron-leaving-season-29/

https://tvline.com/2020/07/13/erin-andrews-leaving-dancing-with-the-stars-season-29-dwts/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just heard about Tom! Crazy decision.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow that’s surprising to me. He was the show in a lot of ways. I could see him retiring but to do it without a proper send off seems wrong.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
With the dancers become less and less familiar to me, the presenters became more and more the reason to watch the show.

Wonder what this new creative direction will be.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Erin out also :-( she has been the best co-host for this show

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm shredded. New direction, me arse! :-(

The only possible replacement, imho, might be Carson Kressley. Although I'd love to have the Houghs back on the show in some capacity.

Also hope Tom pops up soon on TV again.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that’s a big shock (won’t be surprised if this upcoming season is the last one- ratings have been OK, but declining and they did cut back to 1 go-round per year instead of 2...)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tom has done a lot in his career, so I hope he pops up with another hosting gig.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Now that is just shocking!!! I absolutely adore Erin Andrews. However, I'm sure it will be easier on her physically to not do the show. It had to be exhausting for her to do a Sunday night football game and then fly home in the middle of the night to do the show on Monday.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So surprised about this. "New direction", like into oblivion? The hosts were much of the reason to watch the show! It's disappointing.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
DWTS is not at all what it used to be. It is NOT because of Tom and Erin. Maybe a little because some of the former top pro dancers are pretty much gone. New ones are slowly on the rise. Without Tom and Erin DWTS may be gone.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Tyra Banks is the new host/exec producer...

https://tvline.com/2020/07/14/tyra-banks-dancing-with-the-stars-host-dwts-season-29/

Yep, the show is likely done....(they had to have been planning this for a while- why would this get announced so quick after the news Tom and Erin were out unless they had been talking for a while?)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Curious. I don't mind Tyra, but can't see anything she has that Tom and Erin don't.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 12:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
😷

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 4:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I have had it with Tyra as host of anything. She doesn't have the warmth or friendliness that Tom and Erin have. I didn't really care for her as the host of AGT. Well, I will give her a try live. Other than that, I will watch the DVR and FF through the Tyra parts.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ugh! I can’t imagine what they’re thinking (well I can but I won’t say it).

It’s not that I dislike Tyra (I watched America’s Next Top Model for years). I just thought Tom and Erin were excellent.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
A lot of comments I’ve read think they’re going to go drastically younger- more celeb “influencers”, and they want more TikTok moments. I think it’ll backfire- younger viewers won’t tune in, and older viewers will tune out....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And why is she an executive producer?

I admit I was still fast forwarding through most of Erin's parts, and have not watched AGT much for a few years, but did see enough of Tyra on it to be less than impressed.

DWTS used to be must see for me and I used to vote, but the They ruined voting and my interest waned. Still enjoyed Tom and some of the dancing.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They are barking up the wrong tree if they want tik tok kids. This show has always been an "older person" type of show. I think they have determined they want to drive it into the ground -- that is their new direction. Very disappointing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Very, very disappointing. I loved Tom and Erin. Tom Bergeron is so quick with a quip or a remark to save the moment. And we love Erin! She is so warm and encouraging to all the dancers. I just can't see Tyra being the same. Not a fan. (AGT got smart when they brought in Terry Crews. He's awesome and much warmer with the contestants.)

They will never get a younger audience for this show, as long as they are doing ballroom dancing, and I don't see Len going for hip hop or other modern dances. This show is really going down the drain.