TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 24, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: Archive through January 24, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kody's hair was really bad.

I actually see the frustrations all round.

And I wonder how they pool money since they have different numbers of kids.

Heck if they hadn't taken on Robin with three kids already and added two more, they'd be in way better shape money wise.

Meri and her daughter certainly aren't using the same resources as the other wives.

And the move that they are showing coming up (that already happened).. Moving is usually a pretty big expense, but I guess that will be 'splained later.

They must be dying for material since most of it was about Meri, with a tiny bit about Janelle's daughter, husband and baby moving into their own big house nearby and catching up in Isabel and her scoliosis.. I really feel for her having to deal with that! Wanted to make it all better.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm a little confused.

They didn't have $20,000 for Meri's business, but they unloaded over $800,000 for new property in Arizona, without selling ANY of the houses in Nevada?

And the new property doesn't have any buildings on it, so they have to build. In the meantime, they are renting 4 other homes to live in.

That sounds like he has a lot of money....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kind of puts a different spin on it, doesn't it?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It sure does.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
So I missed a new episode of Sister Wives?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Meri, Meri, Meri......winner of the drama queen award. I also used to like her but now.... omg, cry baby, whiner.

With he posting above about the new homes in AZ I still feel like Meri is being selfish.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't. I think he is being duplicitous and difficult.
He has them all beaten down to a certain degree. He is the master and all shall dance to his drum. His temper is annoying and childish.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
They bought new homes WITHOUT selling ANY of the Vegas properties???? They must have tons of dough.

Also they didn't factor in their collaborative TV show income in the discussion. Which I thought was disingenuous.

I understand her wanting to be in complete control of the bed and breakfast and I have no problem with that but I don't understand why she won't meet them halfway. What I mean is if she wants their money and they always pool their resources AND their input, why doesn't she at least ask them what kind of input they want. I don't think any of them have any intention of working on the bed and breakfast since they've got their hands full with their other projects and their bazillion kids. The whole tone of that meeting would have changed if all she had done was say yes I understand we always work collaboratively on all our financial projects what input do you want for your money which I intend to pay back anyway?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ETA: I really don't like how Cody became a dictator about the moving situation. He didn't even have the support of one of his many wives in this regard. If even one of them thought it was a good idea it would be more understandable. But all of them were in tears and adamant it was a bad idea and they didn't want to be uprooted again, but it didn't matter to him and they ended up moving again. Frankly other than his being tired of living in Vegas, I don't understand at all, what the urgency was and the necessity to move, was all about.

And I completely agree that his hair was a big freaking mess. I like long hair on men, but it was completely horrible and look like he hadn't brushed it since last season. LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Cody seems like he is going downhill. I remember thinking at the beginning of the series, he seemed thoughtful and considerate.

Since then, he has become far more dictator-like and unpleasant. And unkempt.

While Meri could have met them halfway, the whole thing felt rigged against her since they had met without her to begin with. I understand why she came in defensive. And Cody was just a bully and his tone was ugly. At least the other wives tried to be kind.

I think that was probably the thing that made her shut down. Years of being dominated will do that to you, unfortunately.

By the way, she said she just hadn't even thought about the equity deal, and didn't seem opposed to it, so I don't know why she's getting criticized. It didn't occur to her.

But she was promised the money, and then told it wasn't available, and when she was promised the money, the equity issue should have been raised at that time. So it's not surprising she would be upset and emotional.

It was just handled so disrespectfully.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I completely agree that she must have been shocked and shredded to discover that the money was pulled out from under her. On the other hand the reasons that were given make sense and they did indicate that if she could wait she could have the money.

And yes I agree it was handled disrespectfully especially with them meeting ahead of time without her.

But... If ALL their other projects are collaborative when they pool their financial resources, I don't understand why it didn't occurred to her that some input on their part would be expected to some degree.

My favorite part of the episode was how compassionate and caring and supportive Janelle was towards her. I'm guessing that all that therapy they've gone through has really helped or at least begun to help considerably.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Maybe because it wasn't brought up when Cody told her she could have the money?

Again, she did not overreact to that part of it. She said it was fine.

What she did overreact to was the feeling that they had some meeting without her and then all of a sudden the money was no longer available. I would have reacted badly also.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I agree with your last paragraph 100%. I would have thrown a conniption too probably.

Frankly I don't know why she doesn't just divorced them or they divorce her or whatever it is they do. She's such a bad fit with them these days and for so long. I truly think she'd be happier on her own. On the other hand sometimes it feels like it's just a matter of time anyway...

What was it the other wife once said... something about her bringing a lot of baggage with her? I thought it was horribly offensive when she said it, but quite honestly it's the truth, a hundred percent. And I honestly don't feel like I'm picking on her, because I feel that she would be happier off on her own. I think that the bed and breakfast is a really great start. And I happen to like all the wives pretty much.
My least favorite is the one whose name I can never remember. The blond skinnier one. She's too grouchy.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
We all have baggage. :-) Yes, some more than others, but I don't really see her as having more.

I see her having been beat down by Cody more because she has been with him the longest. And because she hasn't bonded as well with the newer "wives" she doesn't have a support system to help shore her back up.

The best thing she could do would be to get individual counseling.

Lenora74

05-28-2011

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lenora74 a private message Print Post    
I was a bit confused. She was putting up $40,000 as a downpayment and the family would put up the other $40. How much does the bed/breakfast cost? I thought that was alot for just the downpayment. I was pretty impressed with online clothing sales she has managed to save that much.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think the value was about $400,000 so that would only be 10%?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
By my calculations (forgive me if I'm wrong; it's been a long time since Algebra 1), 40% of $200,000 is $80,000, so I'm guessing the selling price of the property is about $200,000. That seems low, but it is in a very tiny out-of-the way commmunity and it looks like a small lot. Plus it's Utah.

I think they had the meeting before meeting with Meri because she's so prickly about everything. They had to discuss how they all felt and how to approach her in a manner that would not feel like she was being attacked. She's is tough to deal with.

Plus I think Kody is still mad at her for the whole catfishing thing. Even though it wasn't even a real person, she was telling someone else she loved them and got emotionally involved. I'd be pretty pissed at my husband if he did that.

Meri is already divorced from Kody, so she is technically free to leave at any time. This B&B may be her ticket out.

And I don't think Kody is that controlling. If he were really controlling, he would be laying down the law and they would not be having this discussion. They all seem to feel free to speak up and disagree with him, too, so he's actually outnumbered.

And have they shown the move already or was that just in the previews for this season? I feel like I missed something.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Because there's always someone who is curious (besides me)…

https://www.reddit.com/r/TLCsisterwives/comments/84ox78/i_found_property_records_for_meris_bb/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They list the value at $276,000ish. I searched Zillow but couldn't find a sale listed...

Kody is controlling. All of them objected to the new move, yet they all went. Control is subjective. He controls by getting angry, by sulking, by demeaning, by walking out, etc.

They are over a year behind actual events, and the move happened in summer 2018 I believe.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I noticed that too Mame, Janelle seemed to be her biggest cheerleader. Seems dumb to move especially since his grandchild and daughter will just be one block over in their new home.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hi LC! I still don't understand why he was so compelled to move. I understood why they moved originally from Utah to Nevada, and it made perfect sense at the time. But I certainly have no clue why it was so urgent and neccessary for Cody, this time around. Do any of you clever people know? Cuz I'm flummoxed. LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm just gonna wait and see what unfolds on the show.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Here are some speculations...

https://www.ibtimes.com/why-sister-wives-family-really-moving-arizona-2705515

Texas4ever

02-12-2009

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texas4ever a private message Print Post    
I thought the television show paid for the moves and the houses?