TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 02, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Alone - on the History Channel: Archive through July 02, 2018 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you, that will be interesting to see!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
here is the video. https://www.facebook.com/mike.lowe.77770/videos/10156281793846182/

fyi on cushcraft one person said they were called to be on season 6 but they wanted to know if he had a partner he could go with, so it seems that season 6 (filming now) is going to be another partner show

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sadies. I would like to see not such a bitterly cold season. I suffer with them when it's that cold.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The all-star cast of Alone season five, which is returning to the show’s original format
The cast members are:

Sam Larson, season one
Nicole Apelian, season two
Randy Champagne, season two
Larry Roberts, season two
Britt Ahart, season three
Carleigh Fairchild, season three
Dave Nessia, season three
Jesse Bosdell, season four
Brad Richardson, season four
Brooke Whipple, season four

the two guys from season 4 had partners that quit before they finished the hike.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm excited for this year!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am so psyched!
the cast and their 10 items are now on the ALONE site.

click on the individual picture to see their items.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I guess I should spoiler the contents here about tools they are taking.
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I see no one took a shovel. pnl;y Sam took an axe but he took no knife???? interesting.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I know, I know posting too much but excited for this new season, except the one accident shown in previews.
davie i.e. pic is posting some interesting things about alone, he won season 2
https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/alone-season-5-redemption.204351/page-7
Many cast members bring more than their ten items to the location and decide their final list right up to the last call. This makes sense as the cast arrives for orientation a week or so before they drop and learn all sorts of stuff about the environment and actual conditions. The survival consultants from the crew go over each piece of kit and clothing to make sure they qualify according to the rules/lists of approved items. If NAME had a shovel in the shot, he most likely decided against it at some point before he had to turn in his pack for inspection.
Regarding the food rations, cutting it in half is a serious thing. I still think pemmican is at the top of the list. I was allowed to take 5 lbs of it and came home with 2 and 1/6th lbs on day 66. The "leftover" pemmican performed a significant role in my mental health. Knowing I had that in reserve headed into December was a mental buffer against dispair. At the end I was unwilling to go without my evening meal and if I got skunked I gave myself liberty to break off a chunk (1/6th lb) and make stew. It was a comfort to know I had 13 days of getting skunked left before I was at the mercy of the tides.
I would put in a portion of seawater for flavor (maybe a 1/4 inch in the pot) and then fill it to almost a quart. Since I always had Bull Kelp either dried or fresh I always made it with a liberal portion. The pemmican needed to be boiled a while to rehydrate or it was like eating meat flavored sand. My pemmican had powdered blueberry and cherry so it was a funky looking purple soup with bright green shreds of kelp.

I think I would still take a ration of pemmican even at the reduced level, maybe even two like NAME did. I'd have to see what items were given and didn't count against the ten.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I'm excited too!!!

Alone Season Premiere Thurs June 14 at 10/9c

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
June 7th making the cut.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
good grief saw the making the cut show yesterday and it really drove home how brutal that Mongolia will be, I guess they wanted a really short season because Patagonia was so mild it lasted too long.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
So excited this show is back!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
a lot of for shadowing, a lot of info
grey wolves 5 feet long 175 pounds
asian black bear over 1000 pounds and unreasonably aggressive.
snakes a curse or food?
Poor Carly. they are not keeping it for a surprise.
Missed Nicole vegetation walk, looks like she got the short straw in locations this time.
yeah Nicole took us scavenging today.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wish they hadn't shown the fish hook in Carleigh's hand in the previews. I was expecting it to happen the whole show. That's something you need medical attention for. The danger of infection (especially since the hook was covered in fish guts) is extreme. Poor Carleigh!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And... you can't get them out because of the barb. They have to be surgically removed, or you can do tremendous and permanent damage trying to pull it out yourself.

The only way they can get them out without surgery is if they are in a safe place to push them all the way through. But again, usually requires medical care.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
We were so sad to see her have to leave. Carleigh was one of our all time favorites. But she was smart to quit, $1million isn't possibly worth losing a hand, an arm, or even one's life!! And there was no way for her to continue w/o medical intervention.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
So we started to get to know some of the men this episode. When did the one guy burn his nose? Like the first day?
It was funny the guy roasting the grasshoppers. I think that same guy caught the 4 fish and left it in the small pool of water, I was thinking to myself, noooo don't leave them there!!
Too bad about the young guy tapping out but he really had no luck with finding food for some reason and it didn't seem it was a lack of trying.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OH that is <99> Larry that had sunburn.
I do think the young guy was not trying, what no grasshoppers? no ant larvae? no greens. They gave them a week lessons on the land in Mongolia talking about what veg and meat there was to eat out there, did he sleep through it> Though if he could not find one thing to eat in one week, he was not prepared to be out there.

the previews kind of make me worry about Nichole, she generally is very interesting to me, with her survival habits.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
here are some animal species they can hunt with their bow and arrow, don't know if it is enough to kill them, but they are available for hunting.
https://www.mongoliahunts.com/species
remember no gill nets allowed to catch fish.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think I might have never linked to this the back story of Alone.
How Alone’s all-star contestants and location were chosen and more behind-the-scenes details

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought I saw someone making a kind of gill net?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think someone brought one.

just spent the day watching the danish(not swedish) alone in Norway. The photography was beautiful, the northern lights were amazing and different for everyone. But the people, were young and really were like, ok vacation over, See they are on public TV and according to a few places I translated and can't really remember which was which, they thing they are better than the US because no prize money, but on the other hand, most people jsut packed up and left after a week or so. I was googgling because I saw people leaving and couldn't figure out why, they had nice places to live, but it seems like after they built them they jsut tore them down and left because they built the shelter and that is all they wanted to do. like the first 5 shows were on day 3 or so.
no translations or closed captions you can translate,

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
sad for the loss of herbalist Nicole, here is what she posted
https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/alone-season-5-episode-3-redemption-mongolia.226565/
Thanks for the kind words everyone. My symptoms started on Day 2 and I left Day 9 when I couldn't walk...kept waiting for the pendulum to swing the other way and feel better. I'll be writing about what actually triggered the attack and also about my 4 month journey of natural recovery on my FB page - https://www.facebook.com/nicoleapeliansurvival/ and my website's blog (www.nicoleapelian.com) for anyone interested. I am walking again and healthy and back to teaching, running my herbal apothecary and doing natural wellness coaching for people with autoimmune issue. Thanks again :-). - Nicole

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Sad to see Nicole leave! She was one gutsy lady, one of our favorites for sure.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, July 02, 2018 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Ya, I was sad to see Nicole leave too, I think had she not had MS she would have survived a long time out there.