TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 28, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: Archive through March 28, 2018 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Actually, the whole situation seemed stressful and bordering on disrespectful to me.I

I think some of the people present were probably helpful, but not some who were sitting on chairs, watching, including Aurora and the other sister and NOT the cameras!

Hopefully, they got a bonus for the camera returning at times and for all the audio coverage!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Poor Madison!
Actually I meant a limited Family Partnership owns all the homes instead of individually. Next week looks good, seems the sister wives are calling out Meri on her bitchiness

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't watch this show regularly, but I have it on in the background right now as I do some computer work, and I must say if I was Meri I would slap Christine up the side of her sanctimonious head.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She is the most annoying. I think she craves the spotlight but that seems to include embarrassing others at times..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, yeah.. Demand a special talk on camera.

Whine about a sister wives lunch that you forced on the others right after a therapy session.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think Christine needed to be more clear that Meri has become a Debbie Downer. I appreciate that she wanted to talk about it and try and fix things. I do understand Meris perspective too, but I think her insecurities all stem from Cody. She thinks if he doesn't love or care for her, then her sister wives must not either. If you don't feel loveable, then you are not loveable.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If you don't feel loveable, then you are not loveable.

Everyone is loveable! I haven't seen the show yet, but in a family dynamic, sometimes someone gets pushed out of the group, scapegoated. It seems to me that's Meri's plight as she has been pushed out by each new wife.

At that point, you keep looking for reassurance you aren't going to get. Which does make you seem whiny. And that process continues, making that person the outcast, or the odd one.

It does not mean they are unlovable. Just that the dynamic in that family has made them the target!

There are 2 sides to this game. And everyone loses.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
When they showed Meri at the B&B she looked so much lighter and brighter. It seems that individual freedom agrees with her. I like seeing Meri happy.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't mean she was unloveable,but I think she thinks she's unloveable. I see someone with very low self esteem, not only from the catfishing but from Cody. And yes Roxip,that was a different Meri.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kar, it is complicated..

Meri was first wife but despite trying for more desperately wanted kids, she had one, the next two wives (Janelle and Christine) had 5 or 6, the fourth wife (Robyn) came with three, has had two with Kody.

On the show she and Kody discussed in vitro and wife 4 (Robyn) offered to be surrogate but Kody was luke warm.

So big difference there.

Meri had a job she loved in Utah, but lost it when the show started, then they moved to Vegas.

She and Kody had difficulties, which isolated her more.

Then she was sucked in by a catfish scheme, woman pretending to be a man, she was vulnerable (and admittedly stupid, when she ignored warnings from her daughter and Robyn) and then was threatened by this person.

That alienated them all, and her only daughter especially.

She and Robyn (#4) were close, but Christine has become closer to Robyn, as they bond over kids. Christine seems to rub it in that she is closer.

When Kody wanted to adopt Robyn's three older kids, Meri and Kody divorced so that Robyn could legally marry Kody so he could adopt.

So while Meri does out up walls, there are many issues that tend to isolate her from the others.

Now the older girls are starting families. Janelle and Christine have married daughters and the first grandchild is Janelle's.

Meanwhile Meri's only daughter announced that she was gay, and did not tell her own mom first, but surprised her in front of the other parents.

Meri and her daughter have become much closer and Meri has been really welcoming to her daughter's girlfriend, so that has been a good thing.

Anyway Christine has valid issues, but calling Meri over to confront her in front of a camera crew is a low blow, IMO. And telling Meri that she really didn't want Meri at the birth of Janelle's grandson had to hurt.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am sure that just made it more complicated.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea ITA. You've managed to articulate my thoughts about Mary.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I read somewhere that SW has been renewed for another season. The tell all is next week so I guess we will have to wait until next season to see if Mary flew the coop.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Great analysis, Seamonkey. It explains the Mary situation well.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Mary tweeted yesterday that she's NOT leaving the family. And that she's busy blocking people on Twitter who are attacking her with negative tweets.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Correction: MERI

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Me too: Meri

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Even my husband, who knows of the show, but doesn't watch it frequently had jaw on the floor when Christine told Meri she wouldn't have had her there because she brings baggage. No crap, she has a big suitcase thanks to Christine and the other wives, as well as Kody's actions. I have never liked Meri but watching these last couple of episodes, my heart goes out to her. To feel on the outside of the family you should be the matriarch of, you helped build. I blame Kody for all of this.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I can't believe he got 4 women to marry him - especially with that stupid man bun he's sporting these days.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I can't believe he thinks that is a good way to wear his hair! And that only Meri dislikes it.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Kody cruising around in a snazzy car like he has just 2 kids irks me.I like most of the wives but not Kody......he "ain't" all that.
And as much as Meri gets on my nerves I do feel sorry for her. Enough already of Mariah and super silly Tony .

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I kind of don't mind the man bun, seems better than that wild and wooly mop he's had. At least it's neatly pinned back.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I agree, Lakecat. The bun is better than his everyday look. But, he really just needs a good haircut.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm a fan of man buns. But not of Kody. Nothing about Kody. I just don't like the guy.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like man buns too... but, not on everyone.