TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 12, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: Archive through March 12, 2018 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It really upset me that Kody said that LBGTQ people "already have all of their rights." That is not true. People can still be fired for being gay in many states. They still have a ways to go.

And that march was not a "pride" thing. It was a women's march and it happened all over the world the day after the inauguration. I went to the march in Sacramento with about 15 other women and it was amazing! There were about 10,000 women (and men!) there. Not as big as the one in DC, but it was really cool. We really did feel a sense of sisterhood and that we were a part of history. It was not just about standing up for LBGTQ rights, but it was also about standing up for healthcare and equal rights for all women. My best friend from high school lives in Haines, Alaska (pop. 400). They had about 30 people show up to march in the ice and snow. I thought that was amazing!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Exactly.

Kody was just wrong and whiney.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, tell me again, Kody, how LGBTQ people "already have all their rights." It's just not true. #StillIrritatedWithHim

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2018/02/bill-making-legal-ban-gays-lesbians-adopting-passes-georgia/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In last night's episode where Meri, Janelle, Christine, Kody and some of the kids went to protest in Utah, both of the large public families did talk about supporting rights for everyone, even if their religion wouldn't.I

They also strongly separated the child abuse issue from theirs and, as Kody said, to after child abuse but don't lump all polygamists in with the abusers.

Mariah, girlfriend Aubrey and another friend came, as did Caleb and Maddie.

Tony and Mykelti did not, that I saw.

Christine brought her younger kids, but Paedon decided not to go.

Robyn stayed home and only gave her older son the choice. He did go.

I am on their side in this matter.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Robyn mentioned "before the show started" she had qualms about marrying Cody because of the public exposure. Interesting that she wasn't on for the first of the show and they brought it up later like it was just beginning with her.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They did say when they first introduced Robyn that she and Kody had been courting for a while. The first time we saw her was when he drove up to wherever she lived (think it was a couple of hours away) to visit. Was not presented as a first date.

I was really glad to see Mariah and her friends show up for the march. When she told Meri, "It wasn't her fight," I thought that was really selfish of her, seeing as how Meri and Christine had both flown across country to support her at the Women's March. Least she could do is support her family, especially since they have been supportive of her.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I didn't think Robyn was on until the second season....but my memory isn't always great about such things.

Mariah is pretty mean to Meri. I think she has totally over-reacted to everything....though mother-daighter relationships are complicated and knowing about the online friends/cat fishing before Cody was probably inappropriate and uncomfortable. There could be good reason. I am glad they seem to be mending things, though, and that she did support them.

I thought Christine made a good speech. With all the things you could make a felony, this seems a bit silly. Serial adulterers don't get treated as criminals in Utah, do they? It would not be the lifestyle for me, but if that is what they want, they are welcome to it. As long as it is their choice and all the members of the family are taken care of.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Robyn was on season one.

https://www.bing.com/search?pc=SUWI&form=AMZNS1&q=Sister+Wives+season+1

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 02, 2018 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great post Yessie. :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 02, 2018 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
This episode was a bit boring. I read the other Sister Wife show is better but I haven't tuned in.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Cody & Meri in counseling - Cody admits he doesn't want a romantic relationship w/Meri & that he doesn't want the family to commit to buying her that family house she is wanting in Utah.

More on Ysabell's scoliosis issue & it was interesting. I feel for the girl. I'm glad she met up with another gal her age at the "camp" who is going through the same ordeal. They were so cute bowling.

Maddie's baby shower. Maddie is cut pregnant but looks like she's about to pop.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I feel sad for Mary because as far as Cody's concerned the train has left the station and she is standing all alone at the platform with hope in her heart.

If she could somehow manage to afford that bed & breakfast she should just take it and go. She is just spinning her Wheels with this family right now and it seems so pointless. At least with the bed and breakfast she would have a fresh start.

I think the wives might try to talk her out of going, but I see Cody helping her pack. It's a humiliating situation for her. I think she should just pick up her dignity and go. She's a determined woman and I think she'd make a success out of whatever she attempts in life.

She screwed up big-time with the catfishing thing, but that was born out of her pain and loneliness and while it shouldn't be excused at least it can be understood by me anyhow.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Mameb........I don't get why she bothers to stay around. Cody has no interest in her at all and I am sure it is the catfish situation. Sure she will miss the kids and I hope she can remain friendly with the wives as it will be hard to cut loose totally.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Cody lost interest in Meri a long time before the catfish situation. She isn't young a dewy and can't spit out babies like his other wives. I agree - she should demand enough money to buy the B&B and run for the hills while she still has an opportunity to build another life for herself.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm starting to think, Meri should sell her Vegas house & use the equity on her B & B. She's close to all of the kids & close enough to the other wives that they could use her place as somewhere to go to get away. She could even have some of the middle aged kids come in the summer, spring break, etc. I think it would be a win/win for her. Cody just always looks disgusted when he is talking to or about her. That's not healthy for anyone's self image.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I think she lost her financial leverage when she divorced him so he could marry what's her name and adopt her kids. If they were still legally married I think she'd have legal Leverage for a decent settlement. Is the house she lives in hers in her name for her to sell alone? If yes I wonder how difficult it would be to sell considering that those houses all belong to that one family and I don't see it very tempting for strangers.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
An LLP probably owns those houses.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
What is an LLP? And how would that affect selling and profits for each family, etc.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Limited Liability Partnership, I think.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
She already bought the B&B, right?

It's already open for business.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/polygamy/2018/01/07/one-of-the-sister-wives-opens-a-utah-bed-and-breakfast-despite-family-being-seen-as-felons/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
https://lizziesheritageinn.com/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep, I posted some time ago that she seemed to have acquired the inn.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea I missed your original posting about it. Thanks Kar those are great articles. I'm so thrilled she eventually got her bed and breakfast and the family apparently is still intact - for what that's worth.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
So nobody's commenting about Maddy's 75 hour labor??? That was horrific to watch. She's so tiny. She should have been in a hospital. That was crazy!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It was absolutely torturous and horrific to watch. I CANNOT fathom how awful it was for poor Maddy! I kept thinking, get this girl to the hospital NOW.