TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 06, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 06, 2017 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Mariah's announcement was one I never saw coming........I am sure she will be treated well but it will be interesting to see how any relationship is portrayed......I am however tired of hearing about Meri and her catfish situation.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched it yet, but that's exactly what I thought the announcement would be, that, or she was pregnant.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I also sensed that was her big reveal although I haven't seen the episode yet it's on my pvr.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oddly, after all the build up, on the LA station, they ran a preview of Meri talking about Mariah announcing she is gay.. BEFORE they ran the part of the show where Mariah announced she was gay.

I had thought this might be what she was announcing.

She seems happy with support on Twitter. Seems to have travelled to the UK.

It is ironic that Mariah went back to Utah to the private school, rather than tye more ooen and secular UNLV and now comes out as gay.

It probably helped that in the past, the adults in the family have supported gay marriage.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I've read that 10% of population is gay so it makes sense if you have 10 kids at least one would be gay,

(bad thoughts, bad thoughts, bad thoughts -
my first reaction was I wonder if this is a made for (reality) TV thing)

but I can't imagine Mariah with her persona, could pull off "faking it".

Maybe she thought in Utah, it would be easier to hide & with less temptations.

Maybe she thought she'd rather "out" herself than have it played in the tabloids like her mother's catfishing experience.

I assume that Mariah has a special someone, I just can't imagine her being so indignant with her mother & following up so soon thereafter with this public announcement. Maybe it freed her to not hide her true feelings, if the family accepted & embraced Meri, this announcement would be a piece of cake.

I have mixed emotions, I'm sure the catfishing has really helped their ratings.

(bad thoughts, bad thoughts, bad thoughts -
and almost wonder if this was a made for (reality) TV thing)

I have conflicted feelings.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep, at least 10%

I don't think Mariah's feelings are made for tv.. but I certainly think tv orchestrated the on camera announcement.. for tv. Let's put all these parents (and the woman on the right I think is Christine's mom?) in a room and film their reactions..

Catfishing has a show that people do watch. I'm ok with watching Meri deal with that and the bigger issue, that she and Kody have had disconnect for years and frankly that he seems sort of apathetic about trying to work on the relationship.. at least the way he looked and acted in the session with Nancy, their therapist.

I can understand conflicted feelings.

I like most of the family.

I get tired of Christine and her "teasing" and wanting to be told things. I guess that is her role in the family.

I also think Mariah plays moms off on each other. Like she was so angry with Meri so she gets Robyn on her side, maybe Christine and doesn't do her mom the courtesy of talking to her first.

I suspect maybe while she was wrestling with her own life it was frustrating that her mom was tangled up in the catfishing stuff and not so available, so she lashed out.

But when Meri cam to see her and ask about therapy, anything.. too bad they couldn't have just sent the cameras away and been able to talk.

And then the girls start getting married and Mariah is part of that age group. And there was Meri involved in helping to run Maddie's wedding day.

Meanwhile Mariah is having conflicting feelings of her own, I'm sure.

But she does sound happy on Twitter, thanking people who are tweeting support. Doesn't seem to mention a significant other. But Meri posted a picture of her with Mariah that looked quite friendly so hopefully things are getting better for them.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking Kody has a disconnect with Christine and Janelle too, but at least he has to be present for his kids that are still there. Meri has served her purpose with the one child and now she is grown and out of the house. Kody is tired, and at this point it's all about Robin.

I think someone here mentioned a couple of years ago that it would be likely that at least one of their children would be gay.

An observation, one of Christine's girls with the braces has certainly " developed" over the last season. She's very large breasted. I wonder how old she is? She has acne and braces and doesn't wear makeup so she must still be pretty young. I can't think of her name. I still would love to see more on the older boys and Aspen.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I think her name is Gwendolyn. Not positive, though.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Granjan - yes, it's something like that & the other middle gal of Christine's is named something like Isabella. Gwen is the older one of these 2 gals & she really carries herself with an arched back & that puts those "girls" right out there for all to see. I would guess her to be 15 or 16.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
If Christine felt disconnected from Kody she would have him in front of the therapist in a flash.Amazing to me how these women enter into polygamy even after seeing how their own relatives interacted or were treated.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Last night's ep was of their family vac to Iowa (I think that's where they went). I guess TLC pays for all of these vac's for their reality folks so they have something to film.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I'm watching now .. and with Robin suggesting that Meri processes it... I bet she waits 30 seconds after Cody and Robin leaves and goes to Mariah and ask for explanations...

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Would it kill Kody to hug his wife Meris neck? That's a big piece of news to digest about ones daughter. I've never liked Meri but I'm beginning to feel some sympathy for her.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, "he's just not that into her" & it shows. Of course, it's easy to see why. After 22 or however many yrs they've been "married". She's just all drama & that gets so old after awhile. Yes, he seems to have the closest relationship with Robyn & that's ok because the others don't seem to mind (including Meri). Robyn made a lot of good suggestions to Meri about dealing with Mariah.....but, I'm like Neddmylifeback said in thinking that Meri just went to Mariah & handled things her own way....that's just Meri.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
People has an article about Mariah coming out. (the issue with Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds on the cover)

She said for awhile she was outwardly homophobic while trying not to be gay. Kody says that bothered him.

Reportedly, she and Meri are getting along well these days.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I admire Mariah's courage in coming out to her family (especially in light of their religion), loved most of the adults' reactions to her announcement (except Meri, of course), but I still cannot stand her. I think Robyn nailed it when she was saying that Mariah's just at "that stage" where she's being so mean to her mother. Meri really is trying too hard to fix it, but Mariah is really being awful to her mother. I just want to slap her. They really are an awful lot alike, both so dramatic and STUBBORN.

I think Kody and his other wives seem to get along well. Janelle said just a few months ago that they're at a better stage in their relationship than they've ever been. It was also Janelle who predicted a couple of years ago that with the number of children they have, it was inevitable that at least one or two would be gay.

I also noticed that Gwendolyn has "grown up," but really don't think it's appropriate for us to discuss the size of her "girls." It's awkward enough to be a well-developed teenager without people talking about the size of your breasts. Leave the poor girl alone.

I wonder when Maddie is going to announce her pregnancy? I think she's due in March? She must have gotten pregnant right away!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Maddie is having a boy. That was announced last night. If they said when the due date is, I missed it. Aspen & Mariah "hosted" a Newlywed game type of thing with Maddie & Caleb, Makelti & Tony, & Cody & all 4 wives. It was kind of weird! That took 1 hr. Then, the 2nd hr was a re-hash of Robyn entering the picture until present day. If you missed it, you didn't miss anything!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I checked out when they said they were going to rehash robin coming into the family. Funny how Meri and Kody grew apart about 5 yrs ago...about the time Robin came into the family.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The game was fun, the rehash was a waste..

I almost was thinking Valentine's Day, but I think that is the due date for Zach and Tori Roloff's baby boy..

Mariah Maddie's due date would be later. She does look quite pregnant.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maddie's baby is due in May. I read several weeks ago that she was pregnant, but forgot when the due date was.

http://people.com/babies/sister-wives-maddie-brown-brush-pregnant-exclusive/

The Newlywed Game was cute, but a whole hour? And I also checked out when they said it was a whole hour of Robyn. No thanks.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Last night was the tell all & re cap. They did have a nice segment on Janelle.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Wonder if Robyn is actually divorcing him...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not according to Robyn.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wonder if Robyn is actually divorcing him...

Where did that come from? I haven't heard anything about that. He divorced Meri so he could marry Robyn and adopt her children. Why on earth would she want to divorce him? That's ridiculous.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Was on the cover of US mag but probably not true.