TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 05, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: The Great British Baking Show - PBS - New Season 7/1/2016: Archive through August 05, 2017 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
BTW, the season being shown on WTTW, is NOT the last season filmed on British pbs, with Mary, Paul, and the 2 hosts, there's at least one more, because I was so enthralled with this show, and one tvch member posted about how what we are seeing in the US is different than what they show in Britain, and as to that I saw Britain s last season, as their was some controversy over that last winner (don't google unless you want that last season spoiled, it was so over all the news that DH told me about it when it happened, so of course I had to search YouTube and I watched the episodes soon after they were aired in Britain, it's been at least a year I believe)

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Ok just went back to the first page here, and I pretty much just repeated myself...

As I watched them on YouTube and they do cast each season similar (a young one, an elder, men of science, stay at home ...). And somehow they are unique!

I still don't know what season we're watching on WTTW, but it's not Britain season 6 that I talked about in 2016

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
PS. Now I'm googling, I should've said Britain 's season 7 hasn't been aired here... both above and in 2016

Also in googling there's news of the new season, the switch to the new channel, and Paul Hollywood is talking about the hosts (not Mel and Sue since they didn't make the move over)
The seventh series began on 24 August 2016 on BBC One, once again from Welford Park in Berkshire, a later than usual start following the BBC's coverage of the Olympics - and this is NOT the show we're currently seeing based on who won this 2016 Season 7

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The last show I saw, they were making bread. Tom was star baker. Michael was out. Next show says they are making pastry. So did I miss one?

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
Heck....the last I saw was pastry. With lacy pancakes and churros

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Bread is episode 3 Season 6 (BBC season 6 aired in Britain Aug 2015). 10 bakers one eliminated...as Heckagirl stated

Episode 4 is desserts, creme brûlée is the first they are challenged to make. 9 Bakers start...

Episode 5 is "Alternative Ingredients ". The first bake they are challenged to bake a cake without sugar...8 bakers start

Pastry is episode 6 of Season 6 making Frangipane tart it must be open-topped and use shortcrust pastry. 7 bakers start

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Episode 4. Season 7 had churros and lace "pancakes"
They started by making Yorkshire puddings, and they filled them with a variety of ingredients and flavors. The technical was to make 12 heart-shaped "lace" pancakes, which required the bakers to draw a heart-shaped design with the batter. The showstopper challenge was to make 36 churros

(season 7 began airing in Britain Aug 2016)

(Bakers include Michael, a20 yr student, Andrew a 24yr old aerospace engineer, Candice, Lee and Val are in their 60's). And I can't remember seeing these bakers! I remember the bakes those!! Lol)

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
According to Wikipedia:
"Series 8 (2017)
The eighth series of The Great British Bake Off will air in 2017, with this being the first of The Great British Bake Off to be broadcast on Channel 4, as the production company Love Productions opted to move the show.[25] It will also be the first series on the show for new hosts Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig, and new judge Prue Leith."

http://https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/
The_Great_British_Bake_Off#Series_8_

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 10, 2017 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I haven't been watching the shows PBS are airing but from their website the "The Great British Baking Show Season 4" (which I presume is the season currently airing) is definitely the "Great British Bake Off Series 7" from 2016, which is the latest season to air there. As Reader says, the new season doesn't start until later, August I think.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Kit, there are also episodes up on Netflix, which is also fun to binge watch!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I'm all caught up with PBS's current season. Was surprised at the Churro's bake, only because I was not sure that the British even knew what Churros were! Silly me.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, I know. I thought it might be purely a Mexican thing but cuisine is going global.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nobody in Britain did know what churros were... except Paul I suppose. Mexican food is a thing (Tex-mex even more so) but not churros. Well, until now!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
We have a Churros only bake shop in my neighborhood. They do great business.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, I am so bummed, Benjamina was sent home. I really thought she was going to win the whole thing!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
So two episodes next Friday including the Finale.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Dipo , I thought Benjamina was going to be in the final 3.
I really like Andrew and would like either Andrew or Jane to win, however, I think Candice might take the cake plate.
I quite enjoy The Great British Baking Show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
arg arg arg
they are doing botanicals again tomorrow and next week they are starting over on cake. I think the local PBS hates us. why can't they move on?
I will have to watch dessert on line.

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
It's really difficult to watch Candice constantly pursing her lips; I think at one point someone told her that it looked good (it doesn't).

Jane or Andrew for the win.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Candice often has poor taste in lipstick shades as well IMO.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Agreed!! The dark matte lipstick she often wears does nothing for her!! Then when she purses her lips!!! I'm immediately drawn to them and then they're all I can look at!! She shocked me last week (Tudor?) with her natural lips!!! It was a very good look for her!

At this point I really like them all... so it's hard to choose. But Andrew has been a favorite all season... I think he's so cute!! I wish Salese (sp???) would win a Star Baker just once!!! He's another favorite!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just love Andrew....

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 04, 2017 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
2 shows tonight!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 04, 2017 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I actually wondered whether it is some sort of nerve or muscle issue that made her purse her lips. It seems involuntary.

FYI for those who missed it on PBS in Canada, the CBC is airing it this month. Probably in preparation of airing the Canadian version.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well Candice won, with what I think was a close second by Andrew.