TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Alone - on the History Channel: Archive through July 21, 2017 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
New season starts next Weds. Yay!!! From the previews, it looks like at least a couple of the teams are successful finding each other.

Sadiesmom, I gathered that the First Aid teams were to aid the hikers looking for their partners. It would not be hard to hurt yourself wandering around in heavy brush carrying a 70 pound pack. As they said, all you'd have to do is step on a rock and have it roll. Easy to break an ankle. Guess they want to be able to get to those people quickly, if necessary.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Woo hoo! And we're off. And again one guy taps out on the first day. At least this time it was an injury, rather than just being lonely. I know his brother was disappointed. I wonder how badly he injured his ankle?

From the previews it looks like someone either gets seriously injured or gets so sick that they have to be taken out on a stetcher. That's scary!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, didn't you feel he kind of wanted to get injured he looked so lost and seemed very surprised at how hard it was I think he might have been a bit scared - and look how his brother just nestled in early during the day.
I think this was a kid who had not watched the show because F** Larry never found a flat spot, he just made a quick over night spot and found a slightly less slanted spot about a week later.
I can see where this show has people of very different skill sets. I was pretty impressed when Brook built hat building so quickly - she didn't have a flat spot either, she just made the best of it and cleared a lot of the brush away. Most of the building was made of small trees that clutter up (thicken the brush?) the land.
anyway the kid was 19 and had always camped with his brother probably the first time he was alone in the woods and just got overwhelmed.
they changed the gear lists quite a bit this year, like they all get toothbrushes as a given.
http://www.history.com/shows/alone/blog/misc/tap-out-qa-josh-and-brad-richardson
http://preview.history.com/shows/alone/articles/gear-list
I think Nichole said she had 3 pairs of underwear, and she used the cotton one to make fire starting material.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I wonder too if he was feeling overwhelmed and wanted an out. He went hiking over an hour away from his beach without his pack...why would he do that? I'm thinking he never watched the show before, because I know the land there is very unforgiving just from watching! I'm looking forward to this season..I want to see how much a difference it will make having a partner out there with you, and we see that some of the teams did find each other.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm really looking forward to the teams finding each other. I think they'll have a better chance having someone to share the workload with and to just talk to! Companionship will make a huge difference! How many contestants have we seen quit because they just couldn't stand the isolation anymore and missed their loved ones?

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
With the pairs they should last a lot longer than the singles.

Is it wrong that I enjoy watching the slow madness that ensues the single contestants. I don't think we'll get that this season. Although tempers may flare once they get hungry and thirsty.

The name of the show should have changed - It's No Longer Alone.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
wow another out, you think one pushes another into this and maybe pushes too hard?
I am a bit concerned about that fall, it was quite a thud. didn't hear a crack though. Hope it is jsut drama. a few weeks ago I was takng out the recycling and thought I would save walking around and put the recycled junk mail ( I get so much!!!) on the front steps while I took the bottles and cans from the back. well, I went half way up the steps to pick up the mail and then back down the steps and thought I had counted all steps, but I was wrong, when I turned around to step forward I hit air and crashed down unto the cement apron. one leg slammed down on the cement the other on the edge of the apron and then rest on grass, one leg was black for over a week from ankle to knee, the other knee was all bloody from scraping the cement apron. but nothing broke, I lay there for a while at 1 am in the dark, thinking about if I hurt myself, moved the toes, checked the elbows that hit because I had stuff in my hands. I was bruised but not broken. and I will never do this again without turning the front lights on. So, while he took a hit, he might just be bruised and ready. This guy is at least 30 years younger than me, so he might be fine.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ouch, Sadiesmom! That sounds scary. Glad you were not seriously injured.

I'm hoping he just had the wind knocked out of him and didn't seriously hurt himself. I'm tired of seeing so many of them quit so early in the game!

If some of them don't find each other soon, I don't know how much longer I can take this. It's getting kind of boring.

It was funny how the one guy was yelling for his brother, but didn't think he could hear him. I think that was his brother who "thought" he heard someone yelling and was yelling back. How funny!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I do remember seeing one guy get guided out by medical on the next show preview. could be anyone

Westcoaster

06-28-2017

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Westcoaster a private message Print Post    
Wolves. Has the ecology changed? My dad homesteaded at Cape Scott in 1920, and never heard of wolves. And myself, in Quatsino in the 1940s never heard of a wolf sighting. I don't see any mention in the Raincoast Chronicles either. The big danger at that time was from aggressive cougars, due to a dramatically decreased deer population. (No grizzlies either)?

Florin

08-27-2006

Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 1:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
They are leaving early this season. Down to 4 teams. I think
The husband and wife team will do good once they meet up

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm glad one team finally found each other. Took him 8 days to travel 10 miles! Wow!!! That's some rough terrain.

I'd like to know what happened to the injured contestants after they were flown out. Always curious to know how severe their injuries were. Gonna go see if I can find anything on the Internet.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I'm really curious to know how Shannon is doing. I was hoping for an update at the end of the show, but nothing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
http://www.history.com/shows/alone/blog/misc/tap-out-qa-shannon-and-jesse-bosdell
5. What did you learn about yourself during this entire experience?

Shannon: I learned that sometimes even when you lose, you win.

Jesse: I need to walk faster.

ha ha

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Sadiesmom.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
year one Same seems to have found a calling
Survivalist goes from TV audience to teaching young campers about nature}

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, the duck!!! Poor thing, but it didn't look well and I know they were hungry. I'm glad it wasn't too gruesome.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so someone on Bushcraft forums checked with VI game wardens and it turns out the contestants have permission to hunt bear and deer. Both of which you need licenses to hunt.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I'm sure production is compensating the government of BC extremely well for allowing them to film there, as well as for allowing them to take game. They've probably paid far more than the amount of a hunting license for each of them. It would have all been cleared ahead of time.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am sure. The production also cleans up the area after the people evacuate to return it to nature, when people tapped they showed the buildings removed the first year.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, I love that they do that. There should be no trace that they were there.

I'm glad all the teams are together finally. It's like the show couldn't start until they were all together. Brooke is kicking butt! She built that awesome shelter--with an indoor fireplace no less!--and now she's catching fish! Some of them don't even have decent shelters built yet!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
pouring rain and everyone struggling except for... brook and dave.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I bet the guys that killed the duck will end up getting sick after eating it. Something was wrong with it. It was swimming around in circles and they way it walked up to camp was not normal. We will see.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
no, the teal duck was not the one by their fishing area.
I think the duck was looking for food, smelling the herring and probably had been hand fed by people before, One of the problems with wildlife is they get used to people and think of them as food providers. now, if they were smart, they would have caught the duck, fed it and saved it for a no fish day, but the hat killed it right off, so they did not have a chance to do that.
That one brother justify his leaving after only 2 weeks, was jsut ridiculous, He was ready to leave after a week and just waited until his brother got there to tell him. Since this whole appearing on the show was his idea, he should have had a little more fortitude, rethinking leaving his wife and daughter was a little late, cruel to his hiking brother and wrong to put it on his family. Someone else could have used that spot better, It is not like he did any work while waiting for his brother. I am not sure how he thought this would be easier. It is not easy for anyone. This group seems to be starting later in the fall than previous ones so the rainy season is already on them.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know that ducks in that area are being fed by too many people. There aren't that many people there. Unless it migrated in from somewhere more civilized.

They are leaving so fast this year! I was excited to see pairs, but I think the hikes were too hard, and made the overall challenge more difficult.