TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 20, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Alone - on the History Channel: Archive through January 20, 2017 users admin

Florin

08-27-2006

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I agree my first item would be fishing gear, then a tarp and I liked that shovel thingy that would also cut stuff.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Alone is the ultimate Survivor show, instead of being voted out, they vote themselves out when they reach their limit or get hurt. I really like this show.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, December 30, 2016 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
These people constantly amaze me with the things they make while they're out there! That "duck hunter" boat? And it worked! Well, at least he caught a fish with the thing. I enjoy this show so much!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, December 30, 2016 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
My daughter and I are watching and enjoying this season. I am so impressed with the woman who built her 'home'. I don't know her name but she made the walls, roof, hearth, bed and hangers to dry her clothes. I hope she lasts a long time! Interesting about the wild boar's being in mating season. I felt for the guy who doesn't get any sunshine.

We haven't watched this weeks episode yet. I imagine it's hard enough just doing all those survival things let alone having to film oneself.

Did anyone catch the episode where one of the women was stuck in the mud? Was it the same woman who's roof fell in? Also, how did she get out? Did she end up losing her boots or getting wet feet? I had a distraction at home and missed it.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Ranger, I also thought that duck thing was great! Never underestimate the human mind.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK Callie got me, especially after the sweat lodge, like the guy did earlier this season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, she had me fooled too. :-)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Yeah, she fooled me and my daughter too. She seems the most zen with the whole experience.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Callie had us fooled too! She seems most able of any of them, with all her projects and happiness. Kid Sis & I were screaming at the TV "NO, NO! don't do it!" Then she started laughing. She is clearly one of our favorites.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Biscotti....lol....us too!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Hi I have been over at the Buchcrafters USa forum where a lot of the people who have appeared on the show post. Callie put out 3 posts, I don't know if you want links to them, Dave is posting as PiCT.
I don't know if I should bring over the stuff or just the links or not bother, I was amazed that Callie's "home" had a stone floor and she made a broom to sweep it, so it was a no shoes home. She stopped posting , I think she had a filter problem and sort of kind of talking too freely.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom the links would be great thanks!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ok first link - where are they filming - I believe it is in the lake district near Bariloche.
http://www.swoop-patagonia.com/visit/map
Note you can take a tour near there, apparently there are a number of them near by great skiing country, Which bodes interestingly.
Jim Thode studied the different locations and drew up what he thinks is everyone's location around specific lakes.
http://www.pbase.com/jimthode/image/164740596/original

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Callie's first post

Callie's second post

I can't find the third post at the moment

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Fowler is posting on Blade forums, but has not said anything of interest yet. Just hi, I was in it. And he laughed at the comparison in the show of him against the Trapper low energy guy. Fowler climbs a hill, this trapper complains that he is not going to climb a hill. ...... So he only discussed the things shown on TV already and how it amused him.
He is giving interviews in a local paper, I find them not particularly interesting, but different strokes and all
http://www.penbaypilot.com/
http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/appleton-survivalist-zachary-fowler-competes-new-season-history-channel-s-alone/79732?source=mp
http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/week-two-alone-zach-throws-shovel/79993
http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/alone-week-3-things-start-get-serious-zach/80302
http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/alone-week-4-zach-fashions-duck-hunter-3000-out-driftwood/80460
http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/alone-week-5-zach-versus-dan/80692

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Callie's third post
before she stopped top "take a break" Probably encouraged by the History channel

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Teaser for this week, ugh
https://www.facebook.com/Alone/videos/1659499717680759/

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
We just watched this weeks episode (Thursday) last night (Friday) and the ending had us surprised given the events.

We thought for sure when we saw the boat at the end it was coming for Callie because of her spider bites or I think his name is Greg the one who fell in the water and moved his camp was suffering from hypothermia. We were surprised it was Dan who left. We kept saying he needs to amuse himself like Callie did with making her musical instrument, sauna, or mobile; she really embraced living outdoors and seems the happiest out of all of them. I hope she gets those spider bites under control so she can stay. We really want her to win.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I had ONE spider bite last summer and thought I would die from the itching. Finally got an Rx from my doctor, but I can't imagine having 3 like Callie's! Yikes! I kept expecting her to go home. And Greg! Hypothermia is no joke. It can kill you. I imagine a couple more will go home next week. They're lasting longer this season than they have in the past.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I heard one spoiler
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
the next person to leave is at day 72 and 5 are left - this is going to be one long stay there.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow, Sadiesmom! That's amazing!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watching The Wheel? It's a similar show, except
a) there are camera crew, but they are not permitted to interact.
b) there are 6 people in 6 different climes. Periodically they will be uprooted and rotated to a different clime, so they can't make permanent homes. Hence the name "The Wheel."

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
oh, this is a minimal and probably expected and probably soon spoiler, it is actually from a clip shown on TV
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Fowler's cabin is shown snow covered so he is there at least until the snow

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, January 20, 2017 - 2:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well the first spoiler was wrong. The second is true because of the previews next week.
Sorry about Greg, but he was right, he was not making sense. was shocked at Megan living in a tent - no wonder she is afraid of the fox, all the others have doors and walls, not jsut canvas. I don't think the snow will be kind to her.
so whoo hoo, 2 men and 3 women left. when greg was talking about losing his retirements, I was thinking, there are 9 losers and only one winner, You had stiff competition this year, except for bare bones Dave, everyone else looks like they are still eating ok, no sallow eyes, etc.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, January 20, 2017 - 2:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Of the 10 items allowed, they are allowed to choose 5# of food (beans, rice, meat, etc) up to 50# & no one ever has (when I checked the last 2 seasons) but they usually choose an emergency meal pack. I didn't check this year. Makes no sense to me.

http://www.history.com/shows/alone/articles/gear-list