TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 28, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Alone - on the History Channel: Archive through December 28, 2016 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yay! I'm so excited this is coming back. I love this show! I was disappointed they weren't going back to BC, but Patagonia looks just as rugged and beautiful.

Florin

08-27-2006

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I watched the videos it was interesting. There are a couple I don't think will make it very far but we shall see.

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, December 09, 2016 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the first episodes. I was surprised that the first person left on day 3.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, December 09, 2016 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
The spots on BC weren't quite fair - one person had more food than she could eat & another person starves. It was so humid, they all stayed wet & miserable. But the main thing is that BC had all the stuff washing up on shore that made it almost too easy for some.

At least Patagonia should have fairly equal spots.

I was shocked that the fellow tapped out so quickly, I know it's easier wanting to do something than actually doing it but that was ridiculous. Of course, if you know in your heart you are not going to last long, you might as well quit before it gets miserable.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 09, 2016 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hope they don't show much of the trapper guy. I do not want to see him killing animals for their skins. If you're going to eat the meat, that's one thing, but to kill an animal purely for its fur is cruel.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee, remember last season when the one guy didn't even last more than a few hours? Being absolutely alone in the wilderness can do a number on your head. I totally agree with the one guy (don't remember who it was--I'm still trying to figure them all out) who said you never know how it's going to affect you until you're out there.

I was wondering what he's going to say to his students when he goes back to school and they say, "PMA, Mr. Shields!" I guess nobody really knows what it's like until they're there.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm actually okay with him leaving. I think he did the right thing. With three new children arriving, that's where he needs to be.

Florin

08-27-2006

Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I know we don't have much to go on yet but who do you think is going to last the longest and who do you think is going to leave next.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
My 10 year old daughter and I are watching again. It looks like an interesting season for sure.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I agree with him tapping out to be with his wife getting ready for their 3 boys. I'm surprised he even tried for the show this season.

I'm more on guard over the lurking big cats than I was with the. Bears.

I was impressed with the immediate manufacturing of a chair...my kinda girl.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was impressed with the immediate manufacturing of a chair...my kinda girl.

Yes, I loved that! She's this season's Nicole.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don't see this season has started. Are y'all talking about season 3?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Yes it premiered this week

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, December 16, 2016 - 1:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
It didn't surprise me that Zack went home. I realize that he cut his hand but with all the complaining I didn't think he was going to last very long. I also don't think he tried to really find any protein. Maybe they didn't show him looking.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, December 16, 2016 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I missed when he hurt his hand, just heard him complain about it, even so his priorities seemed skewed. One of the previews talked about cattail root and how you cooked it dried it and ground it into powder. It was a high protein foodds. They could use that.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
He sure was a pretty man though.

Slugger

07-17-2005

Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Slugger a private message Print Post    
To clarify. The guy who left first was not adopting three boys, He adopted 3 DOGS. He called them his boys. To refer to them as children is dishonest and a little creepy. I love dogs but come on.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Monday, December 19, 2016 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Slugger...where did you see this info. I certainly believe he was talking about children.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, December 19, 2016 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought he said they had adopted dogs but were now adopting children all related so they did not have to go to seperate homes.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That's what I heard also, three boys that were from the same family.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here's his bio, definitely three human boys:

http://www.history.com/shows/alone/cast/jim-shields

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, December 23, 2016 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I don't expect Carleigh to last much longer she has gotten to homesick.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, December 23, 2016 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
kiss of death, missing people. I think the minute her roof collapsed she changed into this may be more difficult attitude, but it can change.
I know that both Dave and Larry last year really felt they needed the money and I think that was a major motive in their surviving so long, they just plumb out waited the experts, who got tired and wanted to go home.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so I was gift wrapping with a 15 year old volunteer and I asked if she watched alone, she said no. I started to tell her how I liked the show and what it was about, she said it sounded familiar. She said she thinks her cousin once removed was on it.
I am thinking, no way, so she said his name and we googled him - yep, he was dave the missionary who won last year, She knew so little on what it was about, now I have her all psyched on watching year 2. Strange things.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Strange things."

and a small world!

Kid Sis and I are totally enjoying this season. The women especially seem to have gumption. I was glad to read somewhere posted above, that if they chose fishing gear, they get 25 hooks plus the fishing line. Sure they could use the fishing line on other stuff, but at least it doesn't count as two items like I was worrying about.

I'm not understanding why some folks wouldn't take fishing gear as a 1st item for their survival?