TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 02, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 02, 2017 users admin

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Monday, December 19, 2016 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
I remember them discussing the fact that Tony has a very large family so that may be why.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a sweet wedding. Maddie looked beautiful and they both seem so in love and happy. Janelle looks gorgeous too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 19, 2016 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I also enjoyed the wedding. Thought the knight thing was stupid. And the groom's cake was gross. Ugh. Other than that, it was a lovely wedding and Maddy was a lovely bride.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, December 19, 2016 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Wished the wedding was longer and the buildup shorter. Stupid to forget the rings though. Cake was simultaneously spectacular and gross, but they loved it and that's what really matters, IMHO.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed watching Maddy get married and loved everything she did for her outdoor wedding.

About the "forgetting the rings" event. As I understand it from my neighbors who are LDS Mormons, when a "worthy" couple gets married in a Temple, they are "sealed" and they do not exchange rings during the Temple ceremony. Exchanging rings is eventually done but it's considered an afterthought.

With that said, maybe that's why Kody/Cody didn't give consideration to exchanging of rings in his script to marry the couple.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kody and all four wives said that while they WEAR rings, the rings were not part of the ceremony for any of them.

The wedding was very nice and Meri did a great job of doing what Maddie wanted done and Maddie seemed to know she could count on her to do that.

I thought the three other moms were a bit under dressed (I'm not real fond of brown) BUT, that did allow Janelle, as the bio mom, to shine and maybe that was the idea.

The preview with Mykelti and Tony didn't thrill me. She said finally after such a long time.. it wasn't THAT long. I don't get the same feeling with them. I kind of wondered if Tony was looking for tv time but I do hope I'm wrong about that.

No idea what Mariah's announcement teaser was about.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, I totally agree with you about Tony and Mykelti. They just seem so "young" to me. Maddy and Caleb, even though they are young (especially Maddy), seem so much more mature and ready to be married. They seem to truly fit together and understand what it means to be a married couple. They think of each other's needs, which is what marriage is about. I don't see that with Tony and Mykelti. They just seem to want a wedding (and sex).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
There sure hasn't been much airtime on the other kids this season. No Aspen or the two older sons. I'd like to hear about what's going on with them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Could be they prefer to be out of the spotlight for a bit..

Tony and Mykelti just rubbed me the wrong way with their manipulations. First He just snarked that Kody could TAKE OUT A MORTAGE (or second mortgage) so that Tony could have a quick and big wedding..

I mean they weren't happy about the rush.. I wish the Brown adults had said.. go right ahead but you can pay for it yourself!

Of course the dynamics wouldn't allow Kody to treat the daughter of one wife differently (even though she was acting brattish).

And then when they not so graciously moved their wedding back 3-4 months they basically extorted Kody into paying for an expensive honeymoon. WTH? And then bragged about it to the cameras.

Many of the kids were with Christine during the day.. just wonder what they got from her in terms of attitude.

Look at the youngest daughter (until Robyn had her daughter) and I'm sure she gets her way a lot because she was the youngest kids for long enough (before Robyn had her first baby with Kody) and now she really can have an attitude.

She was smirking that SHE would be the center of attention and act up so that the wedding wouldn't go on and Maddie wouldn't get married! How odd.

She didn't act up and I don't fault her for interrupting when Kody was crying. That was understandable..

I'm sure with all those wives and kids there are issues that are hard for many of us to sort out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Truly was just being a silly 5 year old, saying those things about being the center of attention. She also said she should trade dresses with Maddy and then Caleb would marry her instead! She's just making up stories, which lots of imaginative children do. It wasn't malicious in any way. I thought it was kind of cute, although a bit precocious (I hate precocious kids!). I think Truly just has a lot of personality. She and Solomon are kind of a crackup together. And it was very sweet when she was concerned about her dad crying, "Don't be sad, Daddy!"

I totally agree with you on all points regarding Tony and Mykelti. They both just seem like entitled brats. I thought it was awful how they "blackmailed" her parents into paying for the honeymoon. Kody and the wives need to realize they set a precedent there. Now all their girls are going to want a parent-financed honeymoon like Mykelti!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Tony and Mykelti didn't wait to get married to have sex. He said as much when they were talking about what her parents had asked of them. He said something like yeah, we did all those things.

I felt sorry for Savannah. When she said she wasn't in the wedding but she was Madison's full sister and that was something. Broke my heart.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that was a bit sad, but I guess Maddie had to include those she was closest with.. bound to be hurt feelings.

Will be interesting to see who is in Mykelti's wedding.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It’s Over! ‘Sister Wives’ Star Robyn Brown Leaving Husband Kody Amid Marital Crisis

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/robyn-brown-leaves-kody-marital-issues-sister-wives/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sisterwives

Robyn Brown is kicking off the New Year by leaving her husband Kody. RadarOnline.com can exclusively reveal the Sister Wives star is walking out on her husband after months of marital issues.

“She is leaving the first week in January to go back to Utah with the kids and be with her family to figure out the next step in her life,” a source close to the reality stars told Radar. “Her kids aren’t being treated very well.”

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Or . . . Robyn is upset at a season not focused around her so for next season ~ Wait for it . . . .

Watch to see how Robyn considers 'leaving' the family. Watch as she takes her kids to visit relatives in Utah! And for the finale, wait for it . . . . . Watch as Kody and the family welcome them all back home (from what will be nothing more then a simple family visit) with open arms!

Oh Robyn!

Sorry ~ When it comes to Robyn, I couldn't resist!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Don't believe it. Bet she is just going to visit relatives.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I don't know. Don't even watch the show, just saw the article and thought I'd post it. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If that was real, her kids would be devastated. They seem to adore Kody and the entire family.

The tabloids never stop grinding thius stuff out, it seems.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Radar online is an especially bad one, it seems they have at least one of the wives leaving once a week.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For instance, the headline on this gem..

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2016/11/sister-wives-scandal-maddie-brown-caleb-brush-pregnant/

Yeah, she is pregnant by her husband, who is not related to her except that his sister was married to her father's late brother.I

and the unusual part.. that they are a monogamous couple.

How sinister.. and apparently someone got paid for that story.

As for Robyn allowing Kody to adopt Breanna, Aurora and Dayton, he is now financially responsible for them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/sister-wives-daughter-mykelti-brown-married-tony-padron/

a bit about Mykelti's wedding.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 23, 2016 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Was looking at Meri's Twitter and then others and Mykelti posted a picture of her and Tony at his best friend's wedding.. Tony must have been in the wedding and was dressed very nicely and even had his hair out of his face!

She also posted a picture that said with her bridesmaids.. two, not sisters of hers.

Mariah's announcement in the teasers.. I cannot figure out who the heck is the woman sitting to the right of Robyn? Maybe a relative who lives in St George?

Also noted that Janelle has a paid website where you get access to her advise on health or working out or something. I decided to pass on that.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Looks like she gained her weight back as we all so often do.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 23, 2016 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
People has a few pictures from Mykelti's wedding this week.

Her bridsmaides wore wine colored dresses,her maid of honor wore grey. She wore white.

The bridal attendants were:

Anna Anderson
Mindy Jessop (Robyn's niece), Gia Futa, Aspyn Brown (the maid of honor, Madison (Brown) Brush, Mariah Brown, Sara Sullivan, Rachel Young. Kody wore a tux, Tony didn't.

400 attended, and they had a vintage Mexican themed reception with a taco buffet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think most of the adult Browns have said on social media, at least twitter, if we didn't say it here , don't believe it.

Kody commented on the rumor about Robyn leaving that he just had lunch with her and went shopping and Meri retweeted that with comments too.

I've seen tweets claiming that many of the rumors in that tabloid, which actually advertises payment for gossip, anyway, that the rumors often come from Christine's aunt who left polygamy and has been highly critical of the Browns, even appeared in an early season, much to Christine's discomfort.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Mariah reveals to the adults that she is gay. Sure makes it more understandable why she's been so distant from the family. Her mother, Meri always seems so self consumed with her own issues & the other 3 moms have multiple children that require their focus. Mariah probably felt for awhile that she had nobody to turn to. She probably would have confined in Christine had Makelti not dropped her whole engagement thing on them. I look at Mariah with more understanding now. I wish her well.