TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 29, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Alone - on the History Channel: Archive through November 29, 2016 users admin

Florin

08-27-2006

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Don't remember which person it was but a mouse was tearing up stuff in his shelter.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 2:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ok, I was rolling on the floor watching this video - Nichole posted a video of larry imitating her, it posted a little down her page here https://www.facebook.com/nicoleapeliansurvival/ - seriously not to be missed.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Service too slow, I can't see it. :-(

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
He's just jealous cause she was better at survivaling than he was.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The post said it was all in good fun and I could hear her giggling in the background. :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
sorry but that Lakecat - it was larry playing he is the Hippie dippie version of Nicole thanking fish for letting her eat them and kill them.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 08, 2016 - 5:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Hated to see Nicole leave, I was rooting for her. I didn't realize she had a young son at home. She's one tough cookie.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, July 08, 2016 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the minute she said young some birthday, I thought - tapping. Life is harder and she is missing milestones and they passed the time last year.
This year was easier as they arrived at the island earlier, but it was also harder in the red tide stripped them of the clams and some other shell fish (except Jose??)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was sad to see Nicole go, too, but I totally get it. I never would have gone in the first place. I would miss my son and my hubby too much, too. She rocked it, though, and could have won.

Every time Jose gets in the damned kayak, I'm waiting for him to get dunked. Just tip it over already!!!!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Kid Sis & I were rooting for Nicole too. Saddened to see her leave. But not for lack of trying, her food sources were all gone and she was smart enough to recognize that. She gave it a happy and hard fought try tho.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Add me to those who said they were sad to see Nicole tap out. I really thought she would win.

However, this episode when she didn't find another food source, I was starting to have doubts.

I would never be able to leave my daughter for so long, I can't imagine.

Good on her for surviving as long as she did. She really knew her herbs & shrubs.

I think the guy who eats the mice and crabs has a good thing going.

I think if I was them I would bring a very big book as one of my luxury items; I know it's not a 'survival' item but I would need it for my brain to survive. lol

Does anyone know what month they started? I'm guessing it was Sept because of the Salmon migrating but after a month and a half they already had very cold weather, so not sure.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Miz, There is a very short list of allowed items and books aren't on it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
you get one book, it is the rules of that area you have to obey in hunting and fishing. it is a large book, for all I know they used it for toilet paper and kindling.
I think the trigger for Nicole was the weakness of being tired and hungry and the 8th birthday of her son. Anniversaries and birthdays are triggers stronger than everyday missing, it is a marker of time, like passing Alan's time on the island.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well if you are coming here, i guess you saw the ending, so - I hve found around the boards that a lot of people are feeling bad for Larry and how he left - so I looked around and found this bonus video of Larry going home and - the man never changes, ha ha , Hope you will enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYRbofog6dQ

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that video, Sadiesmom. That was sweet. I'm glad he's back with his family. It's not gonna take him long to put that 32 pounds on again at that rate!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't remember friending Larry, but somehow, he is a friend of mine on Facebook. anyway he has been in Europe and jsut posted this.
I just got back from Europe yesterday and got caught up on Alone. My wife just watched the last episode tonight. After she smacked the heck out of me 😜 for saying I knew she'd be disappointed in her heart I didn't win she kissed me and told me she loved me. I am my own worst critic, my family, my friends, and complete strangers have given me SO much support and I thank you all. I gave this experience my all. I learned a ton about survival and just plain life. What an awesome experience I had. I don't do anything half way, and this was no different. Thank you to everyone for all the awesome messages and comments I've received. I left it all on the field. Many videos, an inside look so to speak, to come. Thank you all. It's been said that behind every strong man is a good woman, well my wife and family stand with me, sometimes in front of me. Thank you. 🙂

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, July 22, 2016 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else watch the reunion last night? I loved that they did a reunion this year. I loved seeing everyone talk about what they went through and interact with each other.

They also showed a preview of next season, which is currently being shot in Patagonia (South America). The host said it will be "coming soon." I wonder what that means? I hope we don't have to wait until next spring again. I love this show!

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, July 22, 2016 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I also watched it and that it was a good show. I think the men were surprised about how much food Nicole found to eat. Her knowledge of plants was a big help to her.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, July 22, 2016 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Kid Sis and I really enjoyed the Reunion, too. Very respectful, allowed ALL of them to talk & interact. Nobody blaming others that couldn't make it, just agreeing that after watching the series that other folks had well grounded fears for tagging out.

It was just an excellent ending show, well worth the watch!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't see the hippy guy there. The one who made the homemade sauna.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Randy had other obligations, they announced it during the show but you may have missed that.
I was kind of bored and thought they went along with the narrative of the show despite we know they were not always true - i.e. Tracy - she did not tap because of the bear, she might have been considering it, but she called for another horn and flare, they only give them one and the bears might have come back that night. when they came to bring her the replacements, they saw that she injured her shoulder and insisted she dropped, she had pictures of her shoulder oln her web site, it was very bad, she tore some tendons, so it was a good thing she quit because she could have done irreparable damage if she waited longer. But that was never mentioned. Nichole fought back a little on the she was starving because her salmon run stopped, talking about all the different things she ate, but didn't fight it outright.She didn't mention she was still catching other types of fish and eels in her gill net. That is what she said on her facebook site.
I would have liked more different scenes we did not see during the show, we know they have them, contestants were releasing them on their sites, I brought some of them here. more are promised to come. But those scenes did not fit the narratives they edited for each contestant.
I keep in mind there are only so many show hours and they craft the shows to tell a story, so a lot gets left out, it is the left out part I want to know more about. But at least everyone looked healthy and happy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I really liked that they all seemed to get along and genuinely like each other. So refreshing for a reality show! But then again, they didn't have to live together. It might have been different if they'd had to put up with each other in camp.

As many times as I've seen that clip of Mary Kate cutting her hand with the axe, I still flinch every single time! Ugh!!! That was nasty!!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It was funny about her hand because it turns out other people were cutting wood the same way so that the knife people could not fault her for it, but it would have been nice to have it in like a y shaped branch so she could not hurt herself, Yet Mike and some other guys did it the same way. so.. it was bad luck. I wonder if filming distracted her.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think it was just bad luck. She grazed the top of the stick she was trying to split, it bounced off and got her hand. Argh! Could've happened to anyone, but it was awful to watch.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Alone seasopn 3 preview

Dec 8!

another
Alone: Season 3 Official Teaser

The cast is up on the web site
http://www.history.com/shows/alone