TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 28, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 28, 2016 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
not Norman

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Muslims don't eat pork or shellfish either .. and they buy Halal meat, while observant Jews have Kosher meats.. killed in a certain way.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Right. Lots of religions have strict eating rules, but Kody just kind of made up his own. It seems pretentious to me.

And I loved the eyebrows, too. I was laughing out loud.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Seventh Day Adventists also don't eat pork and have other restrictions.

OK, had to look it up:

http://www.chewfo.com/philosophical-reasons-for-food-choices/religious-dietary-restrictions/

Beverleyca

04-19-2016

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyca a private message Print Post    
Can Kody ever just shut up? His whole "even if I'm wrong, I'm right because I'm the president of the family". geez..what an ass. lol

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I see this Sunday is season finale...what? Seems it just started.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Beverley.. In a word, NO Kody can't shut up.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
In the tell all tonight .. they are still talking about the catfish story... I thought they were through with all that.. but they seem to want to make it clear that Mary did not cheat .. and Kody is saying it wasn't even emotional cheating because he was unaware that it was happening and that Meri was just talking on line.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
^^^ Not that I believe that .. the look in Kody's eyes when the questions were being thrown out to Meri and for everyone else for that matter .. was "Watch what you say and how you say it .. because we are rebuilding our brand" (Unless they were editing the same look from just one time to look like he was doing it more)

My belief .. Meri did stray .. there was a guy .. and she still contacts him (a little) ... and they had to fabricate the catfish story (or maybe there was one but there was also the affair - so two different things going on but they merged them to make their brand look good)

There were some lies told in that interview .. Kody saying he didn't know anything was going on at all.. and then a couple of segments later a clip is shown of him saying "I told Meri that her on-line friends were not helping our situation" (Something to that effect) - there was also a segment in one of the other "tell all" shows of him saying that she would text right in front of him .. so he couldn't have been so delusional as to "not knowing anything"

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Needmylifeback, it's been documented in the press that Meri was catfished by a woman. There never was a man. Meri was in a lonely, vulnerable place and she got sucked in by someone who knew all the right things to say.

I'm still mad at Mariah and think she's a selfish, entitled little brat. They asked her if she has any compassion for her mother and she just kind of smiled and said something like, "I don't think so." She's so immature. Apparently she's never made a mistake in her life and she can't find it in her heart to forgive her mother and offer her a little kindness. I just hate her and her smug little face.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Sorry.. I haven't seen "the press" .. and I don't for one second believe that Meri is all butterflies and flowers innocent in this. But I am amused at how they are spinning it... but it is my own opinion and I will step back because I really don't care.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The tabloids certainly would be all over it if it was a man.. they even had Nev from catfished involved.. but so far it seems it WAS a woman and many things that were reported do seem true.. people did contact Robyn and she did talk to Meri.. well the tabloids claimed that Robyn was somehow aware and didn't warn Meri but the tabloids don't like Robyn at all.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm just a little more sympathetic, since I had it happened to me at a vulnerable time in my life. I feel bad for Meri, cause she was feeling sad and lonely with Mariah gone off to school. She got sucked into a cruel hoax. I'm not saying she's all "butterflies and flowers," but she made a mistake and she's hurting. She deserves a little compassion. Somebody needs to smack Mariah. What if something were to happen to her mother while she's holding this grudge against her? She'd never forgive herself. I think Kody or one of the other moms should step in and talk to her.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
So Meri could be all "sad and lonely" but Mariah can't be upset and or disappointed with her mother? I rather imagine it hurts Mariah to know her mother got involved with an online dalliance.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
The press has investigated this and the woman is someone who has catfished other people. You can Google and see the whole story laid out. Is Meri innocent? Absolutely not, she was buying it hook, line, and sinker, because she was acting out on her feelings of being alone and not fitting in. She really blew it; however, she got taken, for the full ride. There was never a man, she doesn't still contact the woman, the information is all available online about who this woman is, all of the people who have outed and investigated her catfishing, and so we can all know that it was a scam. If someone here says it was in the press then first thing I do is check that out and we've posted about it above.

Mariah is a total brat. She's an adult and doesn't have a right to be "hurt" by her mother's actions. I have adult children, they don't hinge their lives, feelings and actions on what I and their dad decide to do. I think that Mariah was who Meri always confided in and Meri created this false illusion that Mariah should be able to have input on her mother's life but I just think it's none of her business. If her mother did something to her that's one thing but none of this involves Mariah.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sugar, of course Mariah can be hurt, but I wish she would see that her mother is hurting, too, and would give her a little compassion. People let you down all the time, but if you love them, you try to understand and forgive them. She's punishing her mother. It's not very Christian behavior. And her smugness just sickens me.

Her mother made a mistake. No one is perfect. Mariah lives in LaLa Land.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mariah is only making herself look bad, or maybe she just wants more airtime. Others in her age group are getting married, or in the military, but Mariah doesn't have much storyline except holding on to being bitter.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Sea, I find that kind of harsh. Mariah doesn't seem to be aiming for some kind of storyline. I think she was genuinely hurt and embarrassed by what happened with her mom. She has been cruel to her mom, which is sad to see, that I don't like but I think she is acting like many kids would be in her situation. Meri is someone who builds up such a wall. She rarely shows emotions. Of course, I don't know what she is like when she's not on camera.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I understand what everyone has said concerning Mariah. IMO, Mariah just doesn't seem as well rounded as the other kids in the family that are in her same age range. Mariah does come off as being a bit spoiled....but, she is the "only" child of Meri & got all of the mothering. The other kids in her age range all had moms that had other kids to deal with & therefore, had to become self reliant to a point as far as emotional maturity (like most kids are & like most of us were raised). I feel like the other older kids are more well rounded because they had to be....& that's normal.

Personally, for me.....Mariah is my least fav of all of those kidos!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree it is a bit harsh but it has been months and had been when they were filming. I just don't find her very pleasant or happy in general lately. And snapping at Meri in front of everyone either meant that the whole group she lives with are down on Meri and agree.. or something but it had to be a bit embarrassing for Brianna who just wanted to have a good time.

And Meri offering to do therapy was rejected.. as if Meri thought Mariah needed it but I think she meant she just needed help to see if they could bridge the gap. And therapists are usually good at bringing you to the place where forgiveness is a better choice than hanging onto bitterness after someone has apologized.

Mariah until not that long ago still thought she would choose plural marriage, so she also had farther to go out in the world to change that idea.. the other olders had already been saying no way to plural marriage.

I hope they work it out.

And of course real world truth is that sometimes there are rifts with parents that can go on for years.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think the biggest problem between Meri and Mariah is that they are both so much alike. They do not wear their hearts on their sleeves. They seem to hold in their emotions. Watch all their interactions. They may cry for the camera later but when they talk, it's like a mask is put on their faces.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Friday, July 22, 2016 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
IMHO, I think Mariah is so angry is because even though Meri's 'online friend' was a woman, and she was catfished...Meri was not suckered into the things she said. Meri did do a lot of things that even though she said them to a woman, thinking she was a man it was nonetheless said. And no one in the house is really holding her accountable for her actions.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 21, 2016 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
First it was Zach and Tori from Little People and I just read that Madden is expecting her first baby.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, November 21, 2016 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I believe the new season starts this coming Sunday.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It did, I'd like Mary and Cody to admit that probably the reason she seemed a companion over the internet was because Cody was not giving her enough attention. I get the feeling that Cody spends most his time at Robins.