TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 22, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Deadliest Catch: Archive through May 22, 2016 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just enjoyed that Sig laughed about it, because he sometimes blows his stack over things.

He did get in a dig at his people, saying they should have noticed it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was nice that Sig had humor over that. Wish he wasn't SO negative about Jake's chances. All the other captains are cautiously optimistic. I do chalk part of Sig's statements as out of worry and care, but still..

Wild Bill did get him and of course Sig started that one :-)

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, July 03, 2015 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I think Sig handled it well with Jake, and I do hope Jake is successful!!

I loved that Captain Bill got Sig back! Too funny!!!!

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, July 03, 2015 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
BTW I have no words about Elliott... watching him put his crew in danger was enough for me and he's been doing it for years...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree. I think he must have had angels watching over his ship.

Sandra

07-05-2004

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/tony-lara-star-of-discovery%e2%80%99s-%e2%80%98deadliest-catch%e2%80%99-dead-at-50/ar-BBlD2yy

He really did help Josh a lot.

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
After watching Tues episode Josh needs someone to bang him on the side of his head. I can't believe he would put his music up so loud when he knew there were mechanical issues that were being looked at. He really needs to get a little more mature about things.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree about Josh. Does he want to be simply a boat owner or does he want to be a captain? If all he wants to do is own a boat then he needs to stay ashore and let Casey hire someone who is going to seriously help out on the boat.

Of course then there's Jake, who also needs to grow up and be captain, not just play one and then call Sig when he needs help...and then kind of screw him over. He needs to act like a man around Sig instead of like a little boy.

Florin

08-27-2006

Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 1:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Roxip I agree with you about Jake he needs to grow up also.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Josh and Jake are why I quit watching this show. Just couldn't take them any more. I do check on Facebook now and then to see how everyone is doing. :-(

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Both of those young captains came through at the end... They may have much to learn, but they look like they are learning it.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, good to know. Thank you.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched the two hour show but watched The Bait and it did seem like they had learned a lot this past year. Sig was cracking me up though...when he pries my cold dead fingers from the wheel! And Edgar "I didn't hear my name in there anywhere" when it came to Sig's 5-year plan.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I usually don't watch the Bait. But Josh stuck to his guns when challenged by the older captain, and it turned out to be the right decision.

And Jake decided to stand up to his crew and move the boat away from the ice, and that turned out right for them too.

So both of their crews did well, they caught their quota - once they started trusting themselves instead of worrying about what everyone else thought they should do.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The two-hour premiere of season 12 of
Deadliest Catch airs on Tuesday, March 29.

This article gives us a pretty good idea what to expect this season.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/deadliest-catch-season-12-debuts-march-discovery/

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, I'm sorry to hear about Keith's marriage breaking up. I always thought that he had a stable homelife...he seemed to be so devoted to family.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight there was 2 hour show marked as new, but don't fret if you missed it. I watched it and it was a recap of last season.

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, April 15, 2016 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch this weeks episode. I am so over Josh Harris. He needs to grow up. After not meeting up with Wild Bill to get the stuff he asked him to get I would expect no one is going to want to do him any favors.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I wonder how much of these feuds and slap downs are scripted, not only this show, but others like Gold Rush.

Florin

08-27-2006

Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
There was a article online where Elliot states that Josh Anderson is a TV captain and that there was another captain to run the boat when they are not filming. Then today there is another article about Elliot working on a boat that runs crab boat tours. lol

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Hmmm...I think anything that comes out of Elliott's mouth is probably a lie.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah I have NO trust in Elliot and am not missing him one bit this season.

There have been so many rehash shows and recaps and I've enjoyed some but like to see new footage as well.

Josh is pretty cocky. I know the old guard loved to joke with each other but he was really out of like expecting Wild Bill to help him and them just hanging him out to dry.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
What is the "On Deck" show? My dvr keeps recording it but it seems like it's always a rerun. It has a different season number (3) than the regular show (12?). Have they been playing (and I've been missing) any of "the Bait" (the captains shows)?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
On Deck is what they describe as "enhanced episodes". They are reruns, but with social media and factoids popping up on screen. I don't watch them.

And on their facebook, they said The Bait won't be back until June 21. You haven't been missing it. There has only been one episode of The Bait so far this year and that was back in March.

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja!