TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 10, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Alone - on the History Channel: Archive through June 10, 2016 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
bye bye Mary Kay. I liked that Larry was building stairs. Jose, is he this years Lucas? He has his musical instrument - this will be interesting. Tracy those bears - whoa, they were not messing around.

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, May 06, 2016 - 4:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
If I beg do you think we could get pictures of the different people on the island. It would sure help me keep them straight. I also thought it was cool how Larry built those stairs to help himself. I get the feeling that some of these players will last longer then the group from last year.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 06, 2016 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Here is the cast page with pictures.
http://www.history.com/shows/alone/cast

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 06, 2016 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Oh and here is the hunting guide for Vancouver Island p[age 27 lists the hunting season for each bird and animal.
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/regulations/2014-2016/hunting-trappingsynopsis_2014-2016.pdf

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I told my husband Nicole would be the first one out on the episode where they introduced the players, now I've totally changed my mind, she may be last " man" standing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I wanted to bring this over from bladeforums because I am sure we have a lot of the same questions.
pict
Quote Originally Posted by Codger_64 View Post
David, I do have questions I think you can answer that won't be spoilers.
1. How long did you know, after you were chosen, where the contest was to take place?
2. During that time span, before the training/orientation session, did you do research on the flora and fauna of the location?
3. Did you know the location when you chose your equipment list?
4. During that period, did you practice any skills you thought would be specific to that location?
1. We knew it was VCI at bootcamp in NY.
2. I researched heavily between bootcamp and arrival on the island. We all did.
3. I chose my gear with VCI in mind and after watching season one once.
4. Yes I practiced a new skill but won't share it as it would be a spoiler.

The filming does add a serious layer of difficulty to everything we did out there. You do get good at it, but it is also very easy to fall into a limited habit of shooting the same way. There are times the survival take precedence over the filming. Keep in mind we shot hours of video a day. They picked my story up at day 6. I had shot at least four hours of video a day in those six days so you are really only seeing a tiny slice of what went on that week. That is the case for all of us. People focus on what the episode showed. Just look at Randy's camp. Yes, he lost his firesteel, but in the midst of a rockin' camp and a week of very professional performance. The fact is they can't show everything we did. I saw one commenter dismiss me for only putting out four hooks. You saw one trotline with four of my hooks on it and a serious example of what my cove did to unattended hooks left overnight. I had a kelp forest with heavy surf at times. Do the math.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, sort of sad about Tracey, but she had used up her safety supplies and the bears seemed to still be there. Her explanation was confusing, but I do believe she was not happy at tapping out and you can make up some personal reasons. I think having a cub investigating her camp was really threatening. The fact that she had to use everything to scare it away for a little time was pretty bad, they could come back and then she would just have herself as a threat.

I love that Mike is so into it, I wonder if eventually he will get bored and leave

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The way I understood Tracy's issue was that she became very agressive with the bears and she seems to have had problems with that in the past. She didn't like what that incident brought out in her, and she didn't want to go there again. I don't think she was so much afraid of the bears as disturbed by her own reaction. She also said she felt bad about the cub and hoped he was "okay." She seems to have had some anger issues in the past and doesn't want that to come out again. It was a little confusing.

I felt so bad for the guy who was boiling the water and knocked it over. I would have cried. But of course, I wouldn't be out there in the first place.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
and you would not have built a fire pit on a slant, I mean it wa David not Larry, David had flat ground. he sort of redeemed himself by weaving his own gill net.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I was hoping the mouse would follow Larry to his new camp side.

How did this guy pass the mental health testing to be on this show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well stress bring s out the worst and best in people.
I am so impressed with Nichole and expect she is saving up her fish for the winters. Salmon jerky minus seasoning - or is she evaporating the seaa to get salt? and finding the cache of plants for various seasonings?

Happy that mike has is boat, I expected some "what do you do with a drunken sailor" from him. I wonder if any of this is Tsunami waste, they certainly seem to be finding more stuff this year and I heard the waste from the Tsunami is making it to Canada and Alaska.
Jose seems like a slow and steady guy - he is into wilderness living - this could be a long show - they are 3 weeks in and still have 7 people out there! 5 people were gone in the first week last year. Mostly from bear fear. I would think the bears will be going to sleep in a few more weeks and most of the easy food will be gone.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was hoping the mouse would follow Larry to his new camp side.

That's what I was thinking, Lilfair, only I was thinking maybe the mouse would hitchhike in his pack.

I actually feel sorry for Larry. I think the lack of nutrition and his depressing environment has made him very short-tempered. He even talked about noticing that in himself. I've never heard someone swear so much in such a short period of time. You could tell he was really frustrated.

I'm very impressed with Nicole also. She seems to be thriving, other than the loneliness.

I expect Randy to tap out very soon. He seems to be over the isolation. But that cabin he's built! Wow! He just wants someone to share it with him.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Was Larry the one who ate the mouse a couple of episodes ago? Maybe it's pay-back. LOL

I don't understand why he settled for that first camp to begin with. Wasn't he also the one who built a fire on a slant and accidentally dumped boiling water all over his fire?

I think Nicole has settled in the best, she really has become one with nature. I like her relationship with the bears and she is so good at filleting those salmon!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think that was Randy who ate the mouse. I guess Larry hasn't gotten to the point where he can think of the mouse as food.

I can really see how the isolation would get to you. When you have no one to talk to, you stay in your own head all day long and can dwell on all the unpleasant things that can make you crazy. I was trying to think what's the longest I have ever been alone. I think in my single days, there were times where I might have been home alone for 2-3 days at a time (especially if I was home sick), but I still always had a telephone or could get in the car if I wanted to. I can't imagine being so isolated for so long.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Tracy posted at her facebook. It she tells the story of the bears and why they wouldn't leave. After she had the encounter she called into have them bring a replacement flare and air horn when they drop by once a week to check them out for a few minutes. They decided to bring her a new flare ASAP while they were checking her out,they discovered her injury should not be ignored, it ended up in 6 hours of surgery. So just as well she left,she really wanted to stay. I will give you a link,
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1737219546537410&id=1699383673654331
Also she did in reply to someone describe her tent as having 4 walls and a clothes drying room and a covered porch. They just never showed us that part. It was dark so we couldn't see it. Tracy said they never showed the spoon she carved - she was very proud of that spoon.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link Sadiesmom, interesting read. I didn't realize she got hurt.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thx Sadies, helpful read that explained a lot!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, we have discovered they can't show everything. 10 people so many staying for sol long, they actually need another show, and exit interviews - maybe "the talking alone". ha ha

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
"Talking Alone." Hee hee hee.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I watched ep 7 last night. First thing I have to say is Thank you Randy for going shirtless :-)

But onto more serious topics: I like all 7 contestants, but my personal favorites are Mike, Jose, and Natalie. I love their positive attitudes, and they seem so well-prepared. I feel like those 3 will last the longest (unless some accident takes them out) because they seem to be enjoying themselves more.

After watching last night, though, I wish Larry would leave. It's not that I dislike him. I actually feel sorry for him. But he seems to have serious anger issues. The slightest little thing sets of this tirade of curse words, and it makes me uncomfortable. I've known 2 people like that, and they were very angry, violent people, so every time Larry does that it gives me flashbacks.

Also, as much as I enjoyed seeing Randy shirtless, he can leave too if all he's going to do is keep talking about leaving... it's annoying.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think that's the whole point of the show, Whrlwnd. It's really hard to go without human interaction for so long. It might be even harder than the food thing, but combine the lack of food with the lack of anyone to talk to and you could quickly become a crazy person. I think that's what's happening to Larry. He might be a perfectly normal person in his regular life, but the lack of nourishment is throwing him off-kilter so much that every tiny thing is a frustration to him.

I wonder how they would do if they had unlimited supplies of food, but were totally isolated. It would probably be a much longer show.

I just have to say I feel really guilty when I'm having a snack while watching this show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
man those were some really bad tap outs.
Randy is the youngest but I guess it is harder for the young to be alone.
But Mike, Mike you were enjoying yourself - is it that all those years of abuse when you were young made you feel like you didn't deserve this? I know you missed Barbara, but you said you were busy, and happy and it was great here and you had all that wood stacked ready for winter. and you had the BOAT!!!! MIKE!!! noooo.
and Larry is still out there cursing up a storm threatening a mouse for following him.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, June 10, 2016 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'd be a curser too, it'd help me cope.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, June 10, 2016 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
How long was Alan out there last season before he won? I like him and the kid from last season better than this bunch but I do like the woman.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 10, 2016 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think it was 2 months but will have to check.