TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 05, 2016 users admin

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
So last nights show (may have been a re-peat.. I get behind on these things) .. when Mary went to Utah -

1st: What made her think that taking Soloman was such a great deal? And I wasn't impressed when she made it about her when Robin said no - and why she said no... Soloman is dealing with his mom being pregnant .. being a "big brother" to "Baby Sister" they've probably over done it with the "Big Brother" and now he is stressed.

2nd: Did anyone catch when Mary said something to the effect "Mariah thinks I was going to go away with "this man"" and that's why I think she is angry with me"... and in a interview Mariah said "she didn't take my advice" (Which implicates to me that Mary discussed things with Mariah) .. I don't blame Mariah one bit for being angry ... because Mary is still in so much denial and playing the victim card and throwing blame to anyone she can.

3rd: I would have chosen that venue (with the tree houses) too!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Need my life back, I agree except I would have chosen the 2nd venue but I did think that they were all very nice for the kind of wedding they want.

So very sick of poor Meri and sour Robyn. Much prefer Janelle and Christine.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I agree, I would have chosen that venue too.

I was a little upset with Meri for making it all about her last night. She should have just said I understand when they didn't want Solomon to go. I understood right away. He is needy because mommy is having another baby. He won't be the baby anymore.

And I caught the whole thing about Mariah saying she told her from the start not to do it so it was discussed. Meri just needs to give her some space. I don't think she was listening at all to what Mariah was saying.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I liked both the 1st & 2nd wedding venues the most. I think the treehouse is what won out the 1st one for Maddie. They'll just have to keep a closer eye out on all those kids coming & going to that treehouse to avoid someone falling & getting hurt.

I get why Meri 1st wanted to take Soloman on her road trip to see Mariah. Mariah was/is close to her baby brother & Meri prob. felt like he was the sibling that Mariah would get the most pleasure out of seeing. I also get why Robyn said no to the idea of Soloman going w/Meri. I actually liked how Robyn came up with an alternate solution of letting the much older Brianna (who has developed a very close bond to Meri) go instead of Soloman.

Mariah has matured so much since being on her own. I had always felt that she felt special to the other kids but now realize, Meri caused that & Mariah, as a child, just didn't know any difference. Meri doted on Mariah as a child, as any mother of an only child probably does. Mariah could have came out of her childhood very messed up but I don't see that she has. She seems to have her head on pretty good - better than her own mother does at this time!

Meri is lonely & this is causing her to be more needy. It's easy to see how she's kind of left out since the 3 other Moms all still have dependent children to focus on.

As much as I'm not a fan of Cody, I will say that he tries to be where he is needed concerning all of his kids. Maddie's wedding planning & Garrison's graduation & going to to the military has put him parenting closely with Janelle. Robyn's pregnancy issues & the fact that she's the mother of his youngest - still a toddler, has put him parenting closely with her. Christine has her bunch under control right now & you don't feel that she's whining because she & her's are not the main focus of Cody right now. That's where Meri's neediness is obvious! Cody has been there for Mariah when things were going on in her life just as he tries to be there for all of his other kids. Of course, being there for a particular child means being there with their mother.

Honestly, I think Meri just doesn't fit in with this family anymore. She hasn't branched out much to develop bonds with any of the younger kids & the other 3 moms are still very much involved in raising these kids.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Mariah needs time, but I didn't think Meri was demanding to be forgiven instantly or anything, just opening up lines of communication..

She does have to give Mariah time and space, but Mariah also might want to watch the footage and get over herself as well.

I only see what they show us but Meri seems pretty in touch with the kids.

Seems like Mariah might need Kody right now (or when filming took place). In the last show where they interviewed many in the family and Mariah and the older kids were talking and it was pretty clear that Mariah has changed her stance on staying with the polygamist lifestyle and she made it clear that she had told Kody but no she hadn't told Meri.. which I think was just letting us (and Meri) know she was not happy with Meri at the time of that filming (and this filming too, obviously).

Definitely agree that Meri should have handled the decision about Solomon -- I'm sure she was hoping he'd help to soften Mariah and that he and Mariah would enjoy it.

Sounds like Kody and Robyn need to work a bit more with the little guy, not to go o trips but with his anziety over losing his youngest status and his sleeping place and heck, maybe even not being special in terms of being adopted by Kody.. of course he was already officially Kody's son but the adoption made the older kids special.

Anyway, loved the venue.

The dress.. eh.. but the dress has to make the bride happy.

I thought Maddie did a great job of keeping Kody out of the dress decision.. and getting the moms to sit down. I was surprised that there was no bridal counselor person to help with suggesting and pulling dresses.. I kind of wondered if she had already gone through pre-selection prior to the fliming.
Oh the venues!! I might have blinked but the third venue didn't appeal to me from what I saw.. the collection of buildings was hodge podge and made the Roloff Farms look quite sophisticated in comparison. Again, I might have missed part of it.

The first and secon venues were lovely but I LOVED the first one with the indoor and outdoor areas all the lawn area and that stream.. and the bridge.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
She does have to give Mariah time and space, but Mariah also might want to watch the footage and get over herself as well.

I 100% agree with you, Sea. I just wanted to smack Mariah. That comment about her mom's eyebrows ("Why do you draw your eyebrows on so thin?") was so passive/aggressive. She wanted to hurt her mom's feelings with that little barb, then she pretends that she was "just curious."

I totally understand Meri's hurt and insecurity. Her only child has gone off to college and she's reassessing her place in the family. She feels lonely and insecure. And then some jerk saw that insecurity and totally took advantage of it. I wish Mariah would have a little more compassion for her mom, who's obviously hurting right now, and just forgive her. People aren't perfect. Even parents. Her mother loves her and she needs to bring herself to forgive her. I just hated Mariah last night!

I also understood where Meri was coming from when Robyn said she couldn't take Solomon to Utah with her. Meri's in a place of insecurity right now, so it's natural that she was hurt. I was so glad that Kody and Robyn followed her home and had another conversation with her. Solomon's going through a stage. I get that. But Meri's never gone through her child's anxiety over adjusting to a new sibling. She just didn't get that, but I think it was mainly about her being insecure in herself right now and thinking that they didn't trust her.

And Maddy's dress. I agree it was meh. I'm not crazy about the whole strapless thing. I wouldn't want to spend all day tugging at my dress to make sure it wasn't sliding off me (and I am not flat-chested, so I theoritically have enough to hold it up). I'm surprised the moms didn't object to the strapless also, since they've always been so conservative about how their girls dress. They weren't even allowed to wear tank tops that show their arms! I so much would rather see her in something with perhaps a lace bodice that would give the appearance of strapless, but would have a little more security. I guarantee we'll see her tugging at her bodice during the whole wedding.

And didn't Kody go with Robyn to pick out her wedding dress? I seem to remember the other wives being upset about that when it came out. I'm glad Maddy was able to talk him out of it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think maybe Marish was so close to her mom and until they moved their life was more insular so maybe she didn't go through the adolescent thing of pushing mom away and she's doing some of that now. And that ramark certainly was meant to strike out and had nothing to do with anything relevant as far as I could tell.

I'm hoping that when that dress is fitted, it will indeed fit Maddie. I think, as Janelle said, that they realize that they cannot impose their standards on the kids. and Maddie may be not just rebelling against the family standards, but also against the traditional LDS, who rejected her. As Janelle mentioned, that group also wouldn't have approved of that dress.

I'm thinking maybe Janelle is kind of pleased that her daughter does get to make some of those choices, but Janelle certainly doesn't seem perturbed by it.

But.. I totally agree about the security thing.

last wedding I went to.. granddaughter of a friend and that bride is VERY well endowed. Her dress held up ok but just didn't seem so comfortable for the whole event (mermaid style, strapless.. but that's what she loved. They spent so much money. It wasn't long after that she told her younger cousin, who is now engaged, that she wishes they had not spent so much and used much of the money for a down payment on a house. Live and learn.

Kody is probably lucky she is getting married in Billings.. I suspect the venues are way less pricey than a comparable one in Vegas.. assuming there was something rustic there with actual grass and all..

I think Kody basically vetoed other choices and controlled what Robyn chose, as I remember.

I think if Maddy had had her way she would have just planned everything on her own (and later probably regretted it) so I'm glad she included moms and some siblings and her maid of honor for the dress and her parents for the venue.. she is the first to get married and this is really exciting for them.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA BJM about Meri and how she was treated, by Robyn AND Maria.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't think Robyn meant to be hurtful to Meri. I just think Meri took it personally, because she's in such a sensitive place right now. I was glad Kody and Robyn realized that she was upset and went to talk to her some more. I 100% understand Robyn's decision not to let Solomon go away overnight when he's so needy right now. That wouldn't be fair to either Meri or Solomon. It's not about thinking Meri "couldn't handle it," but that Solomon shouldn't have to. He needs his mommy at this point in his tiny life.

Connies

03-11-2010

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I think on one of the shows Robyn mentioned how Solomon sleeps most of the time in her room or with her so he is going to have a HUGE adjustment now.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Every child does when they get a new sibling. He'll figure it out.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand why any of what Meri did was Mariah's business. Mariah can pout and act so hurt at what happened but it doesn't really affect her. Both women are adults and can make whatever decisions they choose and do what they wish to do. I was shocked that Meri didn't put her foot down and set her straight. It's not her place to "punish" her mother. Ugh! I love my daughter and have a really close relationship with her but some things are not her business or her place to be concerned about. I can tell that Meri probably brought her in on it from the clips about warning her in advance, but still, she is not the mother.

Also, what the heck is up with sooooo many confessionals? The show would not be two hours if they stopped saying the same things in the confessionals that they had said previously. I was getting sick of it yesterday, when I watched.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think Mariah was hurt because she told her mom to stay away from the person on the internet and she did it anyway and look what happened. I am probably the only one here who doesn't feel sorry for Meri.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mamie, I feel very sorry for Meri, because I have been where she is. As I said above, I was newly divorced and lonely, and someone sucked me into a phone relationship that fortunately lasted only about a week, but I was very hurt. I was in a very vulnerable place and this guy was saying everything I wanted to hear and he sucked me in. It was an emotional violation.

We all make mistakes in our lives. I truly think Meri was lonely and thought she'd made a friend she could confide in. She got sucked in by a con artist who took advantage of her emotions. I feel bad for her. She's obviously in a lot of emotional pain.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Whatever happened to the 'Meri going back to college' scheme? Robin was upset that Meri wouldn't be there to help raise Robin's kids.

Maybe Meri would have made some new friends at college, or have something to focus on besides her own insecurities. She now only looks like she is always sucking a lemon.

ETA: and Mariah looks the same way.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Actually we don't know WHAT Mariah knew or told Meri not to do.. could be she told her just not to interact with people on Twitter.

They used to reply.. well not that I've tried tweeting them much but at least once when they were tweeting during a show, I asked Christine if they often watched together and she did reply and I forget whose home they were in that night.

But I'm thinking now they just ignore people or don't even tweet back..

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They probably don't trust a lot of people on the internet now.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Mamie316 I don't feel sorry for Meri either.
Mariah can be as disappointed and peeved at Meri as she wants to be. Mariah intimated she told Meri not to get involved with someone online. Rather sounds like Meri let Mariah know what she was doing online and didn't keep her business to herself therefore inviting or perhaps allowing Mariah an opinion or voice in the matter.

I understood Meri being surprised that she wasn't allowed to take Solomon on her trip. The sister wives mother all the kids.
I also understand Robyn thinking it wasn't a good time for him to take a trip. Bio Mom gets final say.

IMO It is a big damn mistake to let kids sleep in your bed that far too many people allow. They have their own beds and rooms and should be in them. No exceptions. I know several people who allowed this generally because they were too tired to fight the issue and every single one of them has regretted it.

Not terribly interested in starting a debate regarding the community bed.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Whether you want to start a debate or not, it doesn't matter. People are entitled to express their own opinions. You are entitled to respond... or not. :-)

The community bed is quite common in other countries and works perfectly well. It also works perfectly well here in the US. I have known many people who have not had a single regret about co-sleeping.

The research shows that handled correctly it is not problematic.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Robyn made a big deal of the divided room and Kody kind of rolled his eyes.. I think Kody figures BOTH kids will be in with them..

And choosing the arrival of "Baby Sister" to kick Solomon to a separate room will cause him to blame the baby.

Now on the other hand maybe the crying will convince him that his own room is better but then at some point Baby Sister will be supposed to be in his room and hard to say how that will go.

I just thought the painting and dividing was silly, but I guess Robyn enjoyed doing it.

And I really do hope they don't end up so used to "Baby Sister" that they don't use the child's name..

I agree, they don't trust as they once did.

I imagine the hard part for Mariah or any of the kids is because anything the family does is so public because of the show. They already saw how Maddie was shunned from her chosen church because of the family lifestyle (and how public they are), so Mariah undoubtedly fears how it affects her. Not about the polygamy since she is obviously living amongst polygamists.. her grandmother and aunt and cousins, but more about the publicity.

I wonder if this will be the last baby or will Robyn want to catch up to the sister wives who have 6 each?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My kids climbed into bed with us and I don't regret it one bit. It wasn't every night and if it made them feel secure, then great. It didn't damage my marriage or my children. In fact, I think those moments brought us even closer.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My 19-year old slept with me Monday night.

The expectations an only daughter has on their mother can be overwhelming. I suspect for Mariah Meri was "her" parent - the one she didn't have to share. Having Meri make such a huge and public mistake is embarrassing to a child and if Mariah isn't handling it well then I can understand it. She is probably afraid that Meri will actually start to have a life that doesn't revolve around her!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My son slept on the floor in our room until he was 15. He is on the Autism spectrum and it was about anxiety. We got him to sleep in his own room when he was 6 (I convinced him Santa would be impressed), but the rotten kids next door told him about kidnappers and robbers, so it was a short-lived experiment. He is finally in his own room. I think all the time he spent with us made our relationship much closer. I don't regret it at all.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
My kids end up in our bed almost every night after initially going to their own beds. They find it comforting and I don't regret it one bit.
I can see how Mariah can be so upset with Meri. It must be emberassing for her at that age to have this out on the public, and I'm sure she is upset that her mother was betraying her father and the family.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
It's the 21st century and the "girls" fix the breakfast for the entire family. Eye roll ....... Q^Q

I still feel that Cody is yucky.