TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 24, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 24, 2016 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There was a show, My Five Wives and that husband was setting up a man cave, or maybe it was a shed. Don't remember that working so well.. but his idea was to have some nights on his own. Hmm.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Robin had a baby girl, no name chosen yet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ariella Mae Brown.

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/79117/20160120/sister-wives-robyn-brown-kody-brown-reveal-baby-daughters-unique-name.htm

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
This starts again Sunday night.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Friday, May 06, 2016 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up, Lakecat.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. What an emotional episode. I feel so bad for Meri. I was never a fan, but I understand what she's going thru. I had something similar happen to me when I was newly divorced and lonely, about 26 years ago. Way before the Internet, but this person started calling me and played on my vulnerability, said everything I wanted to hear and sucked me in. Turns out nothing he said was true. I was lucky it only lasted about a week before I figured it out and put a stop to it, but it was very hurtful.

Meri seems deeply depressed to me. I felt that way for a long time when I was single. People would ask me to do things, and I just wanted to stay home by myself. I see that in her. And the previews for next week with Mariah saying she doesn't forgive her mom! Someone needs to smack that girl. She lives in a fairy world. People make mistakes all the time. Her mother was in a sad place and someone offered her the attention she was missing. If you love someone, you forgive their mistakes and move on.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks for your post, BJM..

I was quite angry. Not so much at Mariah.. I'm sure she is very embarrassed by all of this and she's young.. but hopefully by now they have come back together.

But the bullying!

By the catfisher... blackmail, manipulation and bullying.

And worse. TLC.. through that woman who does the interviews! She was bullying by getting that sharp voice and "remeinding" that "you signed up for this!"

How could they have even imagined, back when they started this, what social media would be like, would grow into.. and what issues they would be forced to make public.

She also tried to bully Christine with the same BS.. "you signed up for this!" so you must open up to anything I choose to ask and you must let me try to pit wife against wife, too.

Shame on the interviewer.. and this goes for most TLC interviewers and MTV interviewers on the "tell all" shows.

Let's see just how uncomfortable we can make these people for ratings. And let's show the most uncomfortable or unflattering footage over and over ad nauseum.

Meri and the others have lived with bullying.. from churches (as Maddie found out.. bullying to try to get her to disown her family in order to be in their church (LDS)).

Kody can be a bit of a bully in terms of overriding decisions with his own.

They left their home and jobs because of bullying by that state and the threat of losing family and Meri definitely lost her job for daring to go public.

So there is a history

Of course she can see now that she was sucked into this but it really is easy to do when someone is vulnerable and of course since their lives are so public, there is more ammunition out there to use against people.

And of course Kody for the most part was all "what about ME?" in saying how hurt he was. And of course he was hurt and should be able to express that, but maybe first he should try to support.. which he finally did with a hug in the therapy session.

I hope Meri can get individual therapy and then couples before it all happens with the other wives sitting there.

I am always interested to see the kids and how some look SO much like their moms and last night when they shouwed a young picture of Kody, Meri and Mariah.. Mariah looked so much like Truly does now..

And the rest of the show last night.

Could Kody be more irritating in how he wants to monopolize Maddie's fiancé? HE wants to choose the wedding venue? The dress?

I think Maddie will have gone out immediately and found her own venue ..

And the way ha had to monopolize the spotlight to attach that leg to the couch Robyn was giving to Maddie.. Robyn must have been thinking.. well this was broken all along and now you call the couch I've been using a "crappy couch?' You could have fixed this long ago..

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think these trolls who play these twisted games with people are among the lowest of the low. That being said, I don't have much sympathy for Meri. It is too bad she had this experience but she brought it on herself. I don't believe she was looking for friends. I don't think having an affair was out kof the question for her. She appears to be lonely and whats the love and attention she is missing right now. She wanted to be #1 and hasn't been for some while in the family. I think the divorce tipped her over the edge. Perhaps she thought or hoped Kody and her good friend Robyn would say no to the divorce.I do think she is depressed and sad. Robyn coming into this family has caused a lot of issues/problems IMO.

Connies

03-11-2010

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
For one thing, Meri's inability to have more children has really affected her. Then for her to build a house as big as the rest of them? That would be depressing rattling around in there. I would have built a smaller home, wouldn't make you feel quite so empty maybe. The more she pulled away from the rest of the family, the more depressed she became.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I'd love to see her leave this situation completely...for her mental health, for her self esteem, for her happiness.

These plural marriages are an abuse to any woman's self worth in my opinion and anyone who'd participate in these types of relationships need their head examined.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I just get the feeling that Robin gets all the attention from Cody and the rest just have to put up with it. At this point I don't even know why he even bothers to go through the motions of spending the night at the other wives house.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
ITA Rupert, she has very little connection with the sister wives or the younger children. She seems so unhappy.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I suppose for the sake of the show, which pays them, Lake.

I mean, even during the last Bachelor show, a lot of us were shaking our heads at Ben, for telling two women he loved them, at the same time. It's just beyond comprehension.

Marameko, she does seem very unhappy but it seems that "wives" who are in an abusive relationship (my opinion that she is), never seem to get the courage to do anything about it. It's extremely sad.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
They are stuck between a rock & a hard space. The show pays the mortgages, family vacations, and now wedding most likely.

I don't see any of them being able to pay their mortgages for the huge houses on their own. So they are stuck with the (IMO) abusive interview hosts where the questions are designed to tear them down, too. Sad.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Well Bisc...my happiness is worth more to me than a pile of bricks...I'd walk away but I guess everyone is different.

Hmmm, if they've signed contracts to appear on the show for a year, I guess they're stuck.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 3:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
These women should save their money and then flee.

I don't see these relationships as abusive since the women stay in this relationship. Granted, I don't get plural marriage and I think Cody just floats from house to house,I would never call him abusive.This from someone who does not even care for Cody.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
..."the (IMO) abusive interview hosts"
emphasis mine

I never said Cody was abusive, I think he is a jerk but! Those women interviewers seem vicious just to raise the ratings.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't see Kody as abusive but he does tend not to listen at times and to bulldoze other ideas.

I thought the interviewer was bullying, especially when she would invoke the mantra of "you signed up for this" when Meri or Christine (and to a lesser extent, Robyn and Janelle) didn't want to answer a certain question that was clearly asked to create tension and drama.

These "interviewers" have become more common on these reality shows with some families being treated with respect (Jennifer Arnold and Bill Klein (who control their interviews without the interviewer, but they reply to questions that have been submitted.. THEY are in control), the Roloffs.. though they try to get more and more about the divorce or when a grandbaby might be coming.. the Roloffs clearly are not bullied and as Amy said, some things are private and she set the ground rules years ago.. no filming in their bedroom, or in Molly's and some things they just won't discuss.. the interviewer tries but no bullying talk of contracts).

Real World.. well most of those people are there to BE controversial anyway, but the interviewers go for the dirt.

Teen Mom.. other than Dr Drew, who is basically an enabler/bully with a soft voice, the interviewers want the most dirt they can get but still allow them to stop.

I just found this latest interview with the Browns to be over the top in terms of actual bullying.. she would scold the person who didn't want to address certain things or basically rat out another wife. It was really clear that Meri was not in a good place over this situation and whether or not people want to blame her or sympathise, the bullying was IMO inappropriate and kind of ugly. I can imagine that the contract is discussed with various reality folks off camera to get them to open up or allow access.. but on camera and then aired.. I am guessing that TLC thought it would thrill the viewers to see Meri squirm?

And the families or others involved in these shows.. the ones who are several seasons into this.. things have changed with more of these "interviews" and with these so called interviewers becoming more snarky and invasive.. so, no, 6 seasons or 11 (Roloffs) they couldn't have known this was coming. And as the Browns pointed out, when they signed up, they had NO clue what social media was becoming and would become.

With Catfish as a show still being on the air, I'm sure TLC was super stoked to have their own home grown catfishing incident on Sister Wives.

And in general, until you are put on a stage and grilled, even the most prepared person really doesn't know what they signed up for.

I remember years ago at a conference, therapists discussed what it was like to be asked to participate in a show like Oprah and how even if they were quite used to lecturing, testifying in court, etc., being on Oprah, where they would be asked a question, but then cut off mid sentence, talked over by the host and not allowed to finish.. that they actually experienced PTSD from the experience and they felt that it was many times worse for the people on those shows who had no preparation or training and were also interrupted, talked over and cut off on camera.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I thought it was really sad that Meri got caught up the cathfish issue, it must have been hard for her. I keep wondering if she'd do better on her own, create a new life for herself, rather than stay stagnated where she is. I hope she finds her way, whatever that path is though, she seems like a very sweet person.

I doubt they could do this bc of the different networks, but I'd love to see Nev and Max, from MTV's Catfish, help Meri find this online person who was catfishing her. And maybe even confront her, which could show Meri that person has no power and in turn, help Meri move forward.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Aren't they taking the catfish creep to court?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I certainly hope they are.. for attempted blackmail or stalking.

I agree, Stormie, it is a shame in a way that Catfish is on a different network.. Nev and Max could help.. but someone good with online research could also help. I think it might be hard for her to trust someone though.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
The story is fairly complex. There are pictures of the woman and Meri together at Disneyland. This woman has supposedly catfished a lot of people.

Google a bit, it's not a secret who it is and what happened.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I haven't heard about any pictures, but I wonder if Meri confronted her at some point. I did read that the woman in question, is, was, or wants to sell a book about it all. But didn't she threaten Meri? I don't know, it's all gossip I guess.

But it looks like Meri did meet Nev, though. Meri tweeted that she is going to be on a show called "Catching the Catfisher," with Nev, which airs tomorrow on TLC. I don't think it's just about her ordeal, but hopefully Nev helped her get some closer.

twitter.com/MeriBrown

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Speaking of Nev, I read that he and his girlfriend are having a baby (or had?).

Thanks for the heads up, Stormie.. have it set to record.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
And Nev just got engaged.