TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Alone - on the History Channel: Archive through May 05, 2016 users admin

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I watched the show, then the after show, and I think you're right Karuuna. Alan didn't have time to prepare himself to leave. When the other guys tapped out, they were mentally done. Alan didn't get that chance to mentally prepare...to say goodbye. Like he said in the aftershow, he doesn't know what that wall would be to make him tap out. I just loved this show and hope the next one will be just as good.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
Season 2 starts Thursday, April 21st!! I think this time there will be at least 1 woman out there. It won't be the same without Alan but I'm so excited!!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Ranger2, thanks for the heads up. Loved season 1 and good news that there will be a female contestant.

Wonder if it will be filmed in the same areas? off to google.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Production on the sophomore season of the survivalist reality docu-series is slated to begin this fall in Vancouver Island.

Read more: http://www.poptower.com/news-82672/alone-season-2-renewed.htm#ixzz43pnxfzCR

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I wonder now that this is season 2 and is that same place, how people will do.
Did everyone see the naked and afraid in Ontario? man where toe cold people but they made it. 40 degrees at night and a lot of cold rain, ugh.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I absolutely loved this show last summer. So excited to watch it again. We were on a cruise to Alaska last summer, and on the way back we cruised right alongside Vancouver Island. I was looking out at the gorgeous scenery and thinking of this show the whole time!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Very cool Babyjaxmom.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 15, 2016 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's back! Did anyone else watch the episode last night that introduced all the contestants and what they have to go through to get ready? There are 3 women this season and 2 people of color. Nice. I'm just constantly awed by the beauty of Vancouver Island. If I lived there, I'd need a nice snug cabin with electricity and WiFi.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 15, 2016 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
PS. Also, as a woman, I always think about how much more inconvenient "roughing it" is for a woman than a man. We have to pull our pants practically off and have to squat in the woods, whereas a man can just unzip for most stuff. Also the whole menstrual issue worries me with all the wild animals around. How will they dispose of their used "supplies" in a way that predators won't be drawn by the scent of blood. Not trying to be gross but reality.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 15, 2016 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
heh I was thinking at least one woman was beyond that. I have to say I am always shocked when a woman talks about menstrual cramps on naked and afraid because you can skip one period with the proper pill and little adverse effect. But this is over a long period, and there are bears, so not a great idea.

As far as the women we met last night, the mother with the baby, how could she leave a baby that will change so much over a short time? I don't see how men can leave a small child like that either. Teenagers, I can understand how escape can be a relief but small children change so fast. I expect that woman to drop out fast.

The grandmother, I think can last a while.

With the men, I really wondered how some of them qualified. I expect an early drop out rate again this year with just a few settling in.

It is good the production made sure they could survive with shelter and fire and hunting skills. But I expect the bears in real life to be more intimidating than expected.

We know that the crew will check them out weekly and do a battery drop and how the more successful guys cooked away from where they lived, that things could be handled. On naked and afraid, they give the women that cup thing, so you just have to wash out the cup every day and remove it somewhere away.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 15, 2016 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
On naked and afraid, they give the women that cup thing, so you just have to wash out the cup every day and remove it somewhere away.

Oh, that is cool, Sadiesmom. Those hadn't been invented yet (or weren't in common use) when I stopped needing those things, about 10 years ago.

I was also surprised that so many of them seemed to be overweight. That's a pretty strenuous lifestyle for someone who appears out of shape. On the other hand, they have more fat stored they can live off of than the skinny people do (is that a real thing?).

I agree with you about the mother leaving her baby. I could never have done that. But then some of our female soldiers have to do that on a regular basis. That's got to be tough, on both the mother and the child.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
The child/ren are with their grandmother. It will be a very special time for them.

I watched with distractions all around. I'm going to re watch it to get a better take on the cast.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
My husband and I were talking during the first episode so we missed a lot,but we were under the impression that one of the women was transgender. Was that mentioned?

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 3:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I don't think it was mentioned. I was wondering if that were the case, and I didn't hear anything about it. I can't wait for this new season to start!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
One of the women had a very deep voice but I don't think she is Trans....maybe?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 2:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think so. Wouldn't they have mentioned it, if that were the case? If only for the promotional aspect?

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
In case you haven't watched yet........spoiler..............

I can't believe Desmond quit so quickly. Especially with his at home piece where he's fighting a bear and someone needs to help the bear schtick. Oh well.

I'm adoring Stacy???? I think that's her name. She'll become the mayor of her forest neighborhood....I think I may have a girl crush on her. Hope she goes far.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad this show is back on! I look forward to watching this. Did this group not watch last season and realize how hard this would be? I can't believe Desmond didn't even make it through the first day!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Desmond's mind took over and he panicked. The reality of bears so close by totally freaked him out, and he just couldn't right himself again. The mind is your biggest foe in a situation like that. Happened last year, too, with the wolves and the bears. He must be so disappointed in himself.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Bears would be a deal breaker for me.

I wished they would have shown all the contestants.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
My sister just told me about the show yesterday and I watched last night. I was really scared for them at night time. No way would I be able to do that, but I really like the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wished they would have shown all the contestants.

Lakecat, I wondered about that, too. I would guess that either they were too busy establishing a camp to film anything or perhaps their filming wasn't as compelling as the others. It is entertainment, after all. I'm sure we'll get to the others in future episodes. It's hard at the beginning when there are so many of them.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they had to show Desmond on this show or he never would have been on at all. I think they tend to cover early drop outs first. We didn't see a lot of the guys who stayed until they were the only ones out there.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
this guy Pict is posting in Bladeforums.com he is the minister from Brazil.

Latest post is ....
I'm surprised that no one has commented on the white plastic table that Mary Kate has in her shelter. What a beach find! It is a real shame she injured herself Her camp looks squared away and she seems to have made a good start. I was also impressed with Mikes gill net catch. I was surprised they picked up my story on day six. A lot happened that first week but I was feeling good about the situation.

The way the rules are set up, there is very little margin. You have no redundancy for your critical gear. I had no idea that Randy lost his ferro rod until last night. Last year Joe was criticised for not attempting to resolve the loss of his ferro rod with primitive firemaking. I have seen firsthand that Randy is very skilled at friction fire and in the teaser he is running a bow drill. If anyone is capable of getting a friction fire started my money would be on Randy. I'm guessing there is huge lesson there in the difference between wilderness survival (carrying the means to get the job done) and bushcraft/primitive skills (knowing how to coax what you need from nature). Vancouver Island is a very difficult place for friction fire.

We haven't seen Nicole or Jose yet and both of them are very skilled in the bush.

so are Nichole and Jose the end game?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised that no one has commented on the white plastic table that Mary Kate has in her shelter. What a beach find!

I noticed that, too! At first I wondered if she'd brought it from home, but then realized of course it was a beach find. What a score! When I was watching her split that firewood, I was cringing with every whack, waiting for the axe to slip and cut her. Ugh. That was brutal. Sounds like she might have severed a tendon. Mary Kate is surely going home. Too bad, cause she was one of my faves.

On the loss of the farro rod and making a fire with friction, I would think it would be nearly impossible on Vancouver Island to get a fire going that way. The humidity is so high and everything is damp.

I look forward to this show every week. One of the best reality shows on TV. It's so real and no stupid competitions. Makes me think of how the pioneers must have lived back in the day.