TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 14, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 14, 2015 users admin

Lardbrick

01-16-2006

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lardbrick a private message Print Post    
<99>
After watching the show last night, I am more convinced than ever that this was not a real conspiracy plot but just a very lonely woman who got sucked into an online relationship that was not real. I think the final straw was Meri saying that they forced her to write that she loved him.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Robyn is pg right now & prob more emotional than she would be normally. Meri could possibly be in menopause & that causes emotional swings as well.

Robyn's oldest DD, Aurora is a mini me to Mom's drama queen/tears.......so, maybe it's just heredity.

You have to admit that they have a great bunch of kids! These kids are all so "normal" to me. None of the older kids (including Meri's Mariah now) are leaning towards wanting to be in a plural marriage. They love each other & cherish their childhood & all the siblings it included. The older kids especially were raised as one family with 3 Moms.

I believe that the older kids will stay close & their kids will be close cousins.

I'm ready for Maddie to marry her great man & give "us" the 1st grandchild.

Cody will prob impregnate Robyn again at least one more time (if her health allows). It will be interesting to see how he acts once he becomes a grandfather.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope Maddie finishes school first, personally.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Cody is so cold and distant with Meri. He should have sat beside her. He is so preferential to Robyn. Grrr

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
It does seem that Robyn is Cody's favorite wife. I think she caters to him more than the others do & makes "him" feel special. I think Christine & Meri expect him to make "them" feel special.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I understand that he might favour Robyn now. She's the younges, latest addition, and she's poppin' out babies for him. BUT he's too obvious about it and that's bound to cause probs. I just dislike the dynamic of his detachment from the hell Meri is going through. She brought it on herself, yes, but if they want to keep her in the fold with forgiveness blah blah blah, then he needs to man-up and really be there for her. She looks like she's moments away from a nervous breakdown.

And from the day on that mountain when he said NO to more kids with HER, I felt him check out where she's concerned. He's barely there for the other two. But at least he's involved as a dad. And NOT including her when he got officially married to Robyn was a HUGE slap in her face after she VOLUNTARILY SACRIFICED so much for them. He may be charming and personable AND a great dad, but he is selfish and immature where his wives are concerned!

I remember getting shot down for my anger at his treatment of her that day on the mountain, and she herself has stood up for him and said he was misunderstood. But ALL I know is what I we saw transpire, and he blatently told her he didn't want any more kids, period. Um, yeah. Right. cough cough

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well that was in context .. she had miscarriages, not getting pregnant, in vitro prep can be pure hell and still not succeed, if they couldn't get viable embryos from an egg from Keri, if Robyn donated an egg, then the baby would biologically be full sibling to Solomon and the baby girl, which in this family would just be another child of the plural family.

It wasn't the equivalent of him saying no more babies to a wife who could easily get pregnant.

She was also questioning it.

Meri's current Twitter icon is a picture with Solomon.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I still say she is low man on the totem pole with Robyn's flag flying way at the top over the others. Yes, I KNOW that is a very mixed metaphor. LOL. And his attitude where she is concerned at this point seems almost like disinterest. Painful to see.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Kody's flag actually gets the most waving it seems....just sayin'...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
No kiddin' eh?!

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Just caught up in the show.I'm in favor of them just showing the older kids. I enjoy them and find them smart and interesting. I like them better than the adults or younger kids.

I feel so sorry for Meri. I think she has gotten the shaft along the way, but especially since Robyn has been in the family. The way Robyn works her as the "best friend" she finds herself agreeing to things I don't think she wants to do (like the divorce). I don't think plural marriage really works for her, and I think she is beginning to realize that. I don't really think Robyn is a villain.... though at times I can't stand her...just a normal woman who doesn't even realize she has a competitive streak. I hated the divorce/adoption storyline. I think perhaps Cody nailed it when he said Meri doesn't want to be married to him anymore, but wants to be in the family. The kids all seem to adore her and I think they give her a piece of her identity.

I like Janelle and Christine, but think Janelle is not enough of a drama queen for TV, and Christine may be negative about Cody. Which I enjoy by the way. I don't totally dislike him, but he would get on my nerves in real life.

If they would stop with the previews, though. I think there was about 30 minutes of new content in the whole season. The rest was previewing the same stuff over and over. I was fast forwarding and it still bothered me!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Yesitsme! So good to see you on here. Okay, just popped in to say that.

Also, I honestly don't dislike Robyn as much as many others seem to. I don't think she's doing anything on purpose and I think she does love Meri. I think it's just one screwed up family period.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I know! I haven't been watching anything on time. I DVR it and then when I watch it everyone else is months ahead.

Lauraw

11-23-2015

Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lauraw a private message Print Post    
Sister wives look nice when the women support each other and don't take the man too seriously. But when a woman gets her whole identity from whether or not she can crank out a lot of babies ... this is a disaster.

Perhaps the only kind of person who should be a sister wife is someone like Janelle, who is very self-contained and not inclined to be insecure.

Meri avoided the interviewer's question about why she was feeling so vulnerable and isolated in the first place. My impression is that she might be tempted to bail out, but she feels an obligation to the kids and the show and smug arrogant Kody, and even to her BFF Robyn. She's stuck.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, November 27, 2015 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Plus how would Meri, who had to have the fanciest house on the cul-de-sac, manage the mortgage and still live next door (awkward) without the show income?

Definitely stuck!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 27, 2015 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And having to pay more income tax because now she has to file single or head of household, but with her daughter living out of state probably not.

Meanwhile, Robyn gets the tax break.

Of course Kody gets the tax break I guess with more kids from a legal wife? No idea how it works.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 30, 2015 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just saw on yahoo.com that the rumor is "next season will center around Kody and Robyn's new baby" - are they trying to kill this show? Ugh!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 07, 2015 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Really.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 07, 2015 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I thought the same thing. I hate storylines that center around Robyn! Yep, I know she's been around for 5 yrs & she now has 2 bio kids in this family. Robyn showing up as 4th wife just took so much away from to show for me. All shows w/her in them take away for me.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Monday, December 07, 2015 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
Popping in to say I think when they got houses of their own and stopped living together it made the show less interesting. And made it all not so "one family" feeling but a little sordid

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 5:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
When I think of Cody I see a man quickly walking from house to house with his yucky hair flying around his face. and driving around in a small car with the top down thinking is all that and a bag of chips. Why Janelle stays is beyond me.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Does Cody have a separate set of everything at each wife's house? Does he have his own room at each house - or at least at one house (Meri's for example since it has the most available spare rooms). I know he prob has a separate set of hair products at each house....tee hee.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Why Janelle stays is beyond me.

Janelle stays because he is her husband and they have 6 children together. This is what she signed up for. I think she's content.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As far as I know he does not have his own dedicated room at any home.. at least that we have seen.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that dedicated room is called the master bedroom?