TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 21, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Alone - on the History Channel: Archive through August 21, 2015 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, Lucas has the ability to cover ground others do not. Selecting of that tarp indicates that he thought about it. It is interesting if you look at the other tarp he took, he was deliberate with taking one that allowed light into his shelter, I thin that makes a big difference about the quality of living there, with light inside,

So, Yep Lucas seems to have more to occupy his mind,. he is taking a lot of chances. I wonder if it is because he is single and not concerned about being there for his family. I was amazed that he went out in the boat to get that bird from hsi fish.

one thing that Mitch mentioned was the sun being on the other side of the bank, so placement when they were dropped off could also have a lot of do with success or failure. Being flexible seems to be the biggest thing, but it is sad to see the men worrying and missing their family and scary to see how they thought they could die in the cold.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Mitch made himself a little boat earlier in the season, with a tarp and vegetation. I think he moved also, didn't he?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Right, but it was a little teetery and dangerous out of just random branches, Lucas has a good shell, so the boat can actually have a direction and move through the currents,
Maybe Mitch is sad because he should be on the other side, or was that one of the tapped out guys?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, again, I'm pretty sure when Mitch made that boat it was because he was moving from one side to the other... he said something about it would take him several trips? And something about needing a water source?

My point is, they may have put him on the sunny side originally, but he moved because there was no water?

I'm not sure, I know my memory can be faulty. But I do remember him saying something about "several trips" and moving closer to fresh water... or I could be confused... LOL.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
new info
Review: History Channel Series ‘Alone’ – Premiering June 18th
It’s typical in this day of “reality” TV, to doubt things are as they’ve been made to appear. One of the first questions for us had to do with the idea of the contestants filming themselves; how do they charge the batteries and download the footage? History was more than willing to give us the details, stating “Once a week the rescue team carried out a medical examination to ensure the survivalists were mentally and physically fit to continue. Memory cards and batteries were swapped out at this time“.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 2:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yea I figured blood pressure and other vitals needed to be taken. I bet those men look forward to seeing real people every week.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Sadie, thanks for posting that info and link. I can't get enough info on that show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, that's good to know. Some of them are having such a hard time, I'm glad to know that they were being watched over in some way.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
What an excellent read! Makes sense.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
More and more brutal every week...it's getting depressing to watch.... Now down to two...and they are both miserable!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am not sure I understand what broke them, but I find it kind of up lifting that Mitch,who we thought was a depressing guy had a mother dying of cancer that he was not spending time with.
I can relate the regret though as the last time my mother was strong, I worked very hard and missed a lot of things she wanted to do, she asked me to mAKE special cookies that is a lost art in our family except for my mother and I, the last two making them. that year, but I told her I had to work. There is after guilt, His mother pushed him to compete, my mom pushed me to work. I understand his self doubt, and can admire his strength now.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 3:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
What a heartbreaking episode last night. I really do feel for these guys, and want it to be over for them, but I am really going to miss this show! These 4 men certainly have proven that they can survive out there alone!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
'

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Go Alan! I wonder if the guys get paid according to how long they stay out there. I know the winner gets $500k but what about 2nd or 3rd place? Hopefully they get something. I figured Lucas would win.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Interview with Mitch.
Surviving’s a lonely task for Mass. man on new reality show
Q. Is this the oddest place you’ve been exploring? Or have you had weirder experiences in the wilderness?

A. This is absolutely the craziest place I’ve ever been. The predators over there were just insane — we’re talking apex predators, 70-pound cats that can jump out of trees to land on their prey. These are agile animals that thrive in that environment because the ground is all moss. So now we have an agile cat, the ultimate hunter, running around on moss, completely silent, and they hunt in the night. So it’s completely dark, completely silent. You better watch yourself.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Guide says this week is the season finale....

Kearie

07-21-2005

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
I hope Allen wins. Sam was too boring to watch.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Heads up!

Following the finale Thursday night, there's a show called "Alone - An Inside Look".

Since the title is different, it wasn't picked up by my TIVO's season pass.

You might want to check to make sure it's set to record!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
a Rodney Ho interview with Alan. Rodney is a fair entertainment interviewer. He tends not to try and be a scandal hound.
History’s ‘Alone’ 500K winner could be Blairsville’s Alan Kay
I do think this comment can be a spoiler though - maybe not, but still will spoiler it.
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
there is this interesting comment.
Kay, a 40-year-old survivalist who took a one-year leave of absence from his Board of Corrections job to take part in “Alone,” is one of two men left standing after nine episodes and 43 days in the wilderness.

While Kay knows when he tapped out, he has no clue how the other guy, 22-year-old Lincoln, Neb. man Sam Larson did.

there is this
UPDATE: Wednesday, August 19: History renewed the series for a second season, noting the first nine episodes average 2.5 million viewers counting DVR usage up to three days after airing. It is ranked as the 3rd biggest new reality cable show of 2015

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
We have a winner. Congrats,to them. I will wit until most people have watched it.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
So glad to hear there will be another season.
Congrats to the winner.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wanted him to win but I'm sure the kid and his pregnant wife needed the money more. Does anybody know if Sam won any money? Alan's wife seemed a bit underwhelmed to see him.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
what cracked me up the most was that Alan was planning a spring garden. He was settled in fo the winter.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Maybe it was just me, but Alan seemed a little shellshocked after the experience. Those wide eyes and flat speech... it was strange. So, I'm not surprised if his wife was a little cautious, I'm sure he seemed quite a bit different from the man who left. And uh, he probably needed a shower.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
here is a link so you can see how the others faired at home. not surprised at all by how much Sam weighed. with all his clothes on!
http://www.history.com/shows/alone